Best LASIK Surgeon In Woburn, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 112 LASIK Surgeons in Woburn, MA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6221 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Woburn.
24 Webster Pl, Brookline, MA 02445
The lasik surgeon practice at Boston Vision has received numerous positive reviews. Patients have praised the highly skilled and caring staff, efficient and professional service, and excellent results. The practice is known for accommodating short notice appointments and providing clear explanations and recommendations.
- Highly skilled practice with excellent care for patients.
- Accommodating and quick to schedule appointments, even on short notice.
- Professional staff and efficient office operations ensure a smooth and pleasant experience.
92 High St Suite T31, Medford, MA 02155
Overall, the majority of the positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the excellent experience with the staff and doctors. Patients mentioned the professionalism, friendliness, and knowledge of the staff, as well as the punctuality of appointments. The surgeons were praised for their thoroughness, clear explanations, and successful procedures. Many patients expressed satisfaction with the results of their surgeries and recommended the practice to others.
- Excellent and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They were attentive to questions and concerns, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.
- Timeliness and efficiency: Several reviewers appreciated that their appointments were on time and that the office operated smoothly. The wait times were minimal compared to other doctor offices, and the staff was efficient, making the overall experience pleasant.
- High-quality surgical outcomes: Many reviewers reported positive results after their surgeries. They mentioned improved vision, with some even reaching better than 20/20 vision. The surgeons were skilled and knowledgeable, ensuring successful procedures and satisfactory outcomes.
- Overall, the pros of this lasik surgeon practice include excellent staff, efficient operations, and high-quality surgical outcomes.
Dr. Jason E. Brenner, MD
24 Webster Pl, Brookline, MA 02445
Dr. Brenner and the staff at Boston Vision are highly recommended by multiple reviewers. Patients found the staff to be accommodating, efficient, and knowledgeable, and they appreciated Dr. Brenner's responsiveness and thorough explanation of treatment options. The overall experience was described as pleasant, successful, and professionally conducted. The surgical procedure was quick and the follow-up appointments were smooth, resulting in improved vision for many patients. There were some minor complaints about wait times and communication during the surgery, but overall, the majority of reviewers were very satisfied with their experience at Boston Vision and would recommend it to others.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctor: Dr. Brenner is highly recommended for his expertise and caring demeanor. He takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and provides thorough explanations of treatment options.
- Efficient and courteous staff: The office staff is accommodating, efficient, and knowledgeable. They ensure that all components of the visit are well-coordinated and provide excellent customer service.
- Successful eye surgery and great results: Patients have reported successful and smooth eye surgeries with Dr. Brenner. They have experienced clear vision without any complications or infections. The follow-up appointments have also been seamless, and the overall experience has been positive.
204 Worcester St, Wellesley, MA 02481
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight a perfect location with ample parking, a great staff, and highly recommend the practice. Patients praised the knowledgeable and pleasant support staff, the quick, painless procedure, and clear post-operative instructions. They also appreciated the professionalism, knowledge, and helpfulness of the ophthalmologists, particularly Dr. Brenner and Dr. Melki. The overall experience was described as efficient, friendly, and clean, with excellent care and a focus on patient needs.
- Convenient location with a big parking lot.
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful staff.
- Quick and easy procedure with clear post-op instructions.
Avant LASIK Spa
128 TradeCenter, 300 Tradecenter Dr #7690, Woburn, MA 01801
Customers have praised Avant Lasik Spa for their life-changing results and exceptional service. Reviewers highlight the friendly and knowledgeable staff, who made them feel comfortable and provided thorough explanations throughout the process. Many customers were thrilled with the quick and painless procedure, resulting in perfect or near-perfect vision. Overall, customers highly recommend Avant Lasik Spa for their professionalism, reasonable prices, and excellent outcomes.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The crew and doctors at Avant Lasik Spa are described as extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. They provide thorough information and history of the procedure, helping patients feel confident and at ease.
- Smooth and painless procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the surgery and recovery process went smoothly. The surgeons take care of patients to the highest standards, ensuring a seamless experience. Some reviewers even achieved 20/15 vision, exceeding expectations.
- Excellent communication and follow-up: The staff at Avant Lasik Spa are praised for their great communication and attention to detail. They explain the process thoroughly, make sure patients understand everything, and offer comprehensive post-operative care. The follow-up appointments are included in the price, providing ongoing support.
Dr. Samir Melki MD
100 Oliver St, Boston, MA 02110
Patients who have chosen Dr. Melki at Boston Vision for their LASIK surgeries are extremely satisfied with the results. Many reviewers mention that their vision has significantly improved and they no longer need glasses or contacts. They praise Dr. Melki's expertise, thoroughness, and caring nature, as well as the professionalism and efficiency of the entire staff at Boston Vision. Overall, the positive reviews highlight the exceptional outcomes and high level of patient care provided by Dr. Melki and his team.
- Excellent surgeon: Dr. Melki is highly skilled and has successfully improved the vision of many patients. He is knowledgeable, caring, and takes the time to thoroughly explain treatment options.
- Efficient and professional practice: Patients have praised the practice for its well-organized and professional approach. The staff is polite, knowledgeable, and provides clear and informative communication. Appointments are easy to schedule and there is minimal waiting time.
- Successful outcomes: Many patients have reported positive experiences and excellent results from their LASIK surgery. They have achieved improved vision, sometimes even better than 20/20, and have had a fast and comfortable recovery process.
Eye Care and Laser Surgery of Newton - Wellesley
40 Walnut St Suite 101, Wellesley, MA 02481
The lasik surgeon practice headed by Dr. Leibole has received numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients. Patients have highlighted the exceptional skills and knowledge of Dr. Leibole, as well as the friendly and attentive staff. The office is described as clean and adhering to COVID guidelines, and patients appreciate the thorough and efficient care they receive. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Leibole and his team for lasik surgery and other eye treatments.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeon: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Leibole's expertise and thorough approach to eye care. Patients appreciate his ability to address their concerns and provide accurate diagnoses.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The office staff, including technicians and administrators, receive high praise for their friendliness, responsiveness, and willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Clear communication and comfortable procedures: Patients mention that Dr. Leibole and his team excel at explaining each step of the procedure, making patients feel comfortable and at ease. The surgery itself is described as painless and successful, with quick recovery times.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article