Best LASIK Surgeon In Plymouth, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plymouth LASIK Surgeons in Plymouth, Plymouth, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plymouth reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Plymouth.
The LASIK Vision Institute
50 Burlington Mall Road #101, Burlington, MA 01803
Patients were very satisfied with their experiences at the lasik surgeon practice. They described the staff as friendly, professional, and attentive, helping them feel comfortable throughout the process. Many noted the procedure was quick and relatively painless, with significant vision improvements afterwards. The surgeons come highly recommended for their expertise, professionalism and dedication to patient care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, professional, and putting patients at ease. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the LASIK surgery procedure itself was quick, lasting around 15 minutes, and painless. This highlights the efficiency and effectiveness of the surgeon and their team.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Several reviews express satisfaction with the outcome of the surgery, stating significant improvement in vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts. This indicates the success and effectiveness of the LASIK procedure performed by the surgeon.
The LASIK Vision Institute
298 W Exchange St Suite 100, Providence, RI 02903
Patients were very satisfied with the lasik surgeon’s practice, highlighting attentive staff and personalized care. Exams were comprehensive and follow-ups ensured continued progress. Many patients achieved the desired outcome of improved vision without glasses or contacts.
- Excellent customer service and personal attention: The staff, especially the doctor with glasses, went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service, even assisting a patient with an eye injury after hours. They made patients feel comfortable and ensured all questions were answered thoroughly.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable staff: The entire team was praised for being knowledgeable and thorough throughout the process. They provided clear instructions and guidance, making patients feel confident in their decision. The surgeon was described as professional and skilled, resulting in successful surgeries and life-changing results.
- Quick and painless procedure with great results: Many reviewers mentioned that the procedure was quick, painless, and well-managed. They experienced clear vision within a few days, with some achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision. The post-operative care and follow-up were also commended, ensuring a smooth recovery process.
Nielsen Eye Center
300 Congress St STE 201, Quincy, MA 02169
Dr. Nielsen provides excellent care with impressive results in cataract and laser eye surgeries. Patients describe an overall positive experience with a helpful and friendly staff. A few reviewers did note issues with front desk communication and competency that impacted their experience.
- Professional and kind staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the professionalism and kindness of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice. This creates a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviewers expressed their gratitude for the excellent outcome of their surgeries. They reported significant improvement in their vision, with some achieving 20/20 vision. This indicates the effectiveness of the lasik surgeries performed by the surgeons at this practice.
- Efficient and thorough care: Several reviews mentioned the efficiency and thoroughness of the care provided by the doctors and technicians. Patients appreciate the quick and smooth process, as well as the attention to detail during examinations and procedures.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
400 5th Ave Suite 510, Waltham, MA 02451
This lasik surgeon provides quality procedures with excellent patient satisfaction. Patients report quick, efficient surgeries resulting in improved vision. The professional staff offers thorough consultations and follow-up care in a pleasant, supportive environment. Some patients found the costs higher than average.
- Fast and efficient process: Many reviewers mentioned that the entire process, from consultation to surgery, was quick and seamless, allowing them to achieve great outcomes in a short amount of time.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The surgeons and staff were praised for being professional, informative, and skilled. They provided thorough explanations of the procedure, answered all questions, and made patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Excellent results and vision improvement: Numerous reviewers mentioned that their vision significantly improved after the surgery and that they were highly satisfied with the outcome. They experienced clear vision, sometimes even better than what they had with glasses or contacts.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
10 Orms St Suite 220, Providence, RI 02904
The TLC lasik surgeon practice is highly rated for its professional, patient-focused care. Patients report outstanding results, with the doctors providing clear explanations and a smooth, comfortable experience. Many appreciate the welcoming office atmosphere and attentive staff.
- Professional and thorough staff who provide clear explanations and answer questions patiently.
- Extraordinary and incredible results with improved vision, even seeing near perfectly just hours after the procedure.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, with caring and compassionate doctors and staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
Microsurgical Eye Consultants
31 Centennial Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
The lasik surgeon practice received mostly positive feedback regarding the professionalism of the doctors and friendliness of the staff. Many patients had successful vision-improving procedures. The refractive coordinator was praised for coordination and responsiveness. However, some reviews cited billing problems, impatient staff, long waits, and rushed appointments.
- Thorough and professional care: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors and staff at the practice were thorough, professional, and knowledgeable.
- Positive surgical experiences: Multiple reviewers had positive experiences with surgical procedures, specifically cataract and LASIK surgeries. They praised the surgeons for their skill and the overall success of the procedures.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers noted that the staff at the practice, including receptionists and nurses, were friendly, caring, and provided great customer service. They felt welcomed and valued as patients.
Dr. Samir Melki MD
100 Oliver St, Boston, MA 02110
Dr. Melki’s expertise delivers excellent results, with many patients experiencing improved near and far vision without glasses or contacts. His professional staff provides efficient, informative appointments and well-organized procedures. Overall, reviewers strongly recommend Dr. Melki and Boston Vision for their outstanding service and successful outcomes.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers mentioned that their vision improved greatly after undergoing LASIK with Dr. Melki. They reported being able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts, even many years after the procedure.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at Boston Vision for being courteous, polite, and knowledgeable. They appreciated the thorough explanations of treatment options and the clear communication from the staff and Dr. Melki.
- Efficient and quick procedure: Several reviewers commented on the short duration of the LASIK procedure, with some stating that it only took about 12 minutes. They were pleasantly surprised by how fast and painless the surgery was, and mentioned a smooth recovery process.
Eye Care and Laser Surgery of Newton – Wellesley
40 Walnut St Suite 101, Wellesley, MA 02481
The lasik surgeon practice is highly regarded for Dr. Leibole’s professionalism, surgical expertise and the attentive care of his friendly staff. Patients consistently report a positive experience, with many highlighting the practice’s efficiency, clear communication and exceptional patient care.
- Dr. Leibole and his staff provide a comfortable and attentive experience, making the procedure more pleasant for patients.
- The office staff is described as friendly, helpful, and accommodating, providing excellent customer service.
- Dr. Leibole is highly knowledgeable, thorough, and skilled, with a solid reputation, making him a trusted choice for lasik surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.