Best LASIK Surgeon In Hyannis, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 81 LASIK Surgeons in Hyannis, MA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1179 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hyannis.
The LASIK Vision Institute
298 W Exchange St Suite 100, Providence, RI 02903
Patients consistently rave about the Lasik Vision Institute in Providence, praising the friendly and helpful staff. Many reviewers mentioned feeling reassured and comfortable throughout the process and praised the knowledgeable doctors. Numerous patients reported achieving 20/20 vision and expressed gratitude for the positive impact the surgery had on their lives.
- Exceptional customer service: The staff, particularly the doctor with glasses, goes above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for patients, even providing assistance outside of office hours. They prioritize patient satisfaction and ensure all questions and concerns are addressed thoroughly.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough: The staff is described as friendly, genuine, and helpful. They provide detailed explanations of the procedure, address all concerns, and provide thorough follow-up care. Patients feel well-informed and supported throughout the entire process.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express extreme satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery, achieving 20/20 vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts. The procedure is described as quick, painless, and with excellent outcomes, providing a significant improvement in vision.
Nielsen Eye Center
300 Congress St STE 201, Quincy, MA 02169
The majority of the positive reviews highly recommend Dr. Nielsen and his team at the Nielsen Eye Center. Patients appreciate the professionalism, kindness, and thoroughness of the staff. Many highlight the successful outcomes of their surgeries, with improved vision and a life-changing experience. The efficiency, friendly atmosphere, and comprehensive care provided at the practice are also mentioned positively.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, including Dr. Nielsen and his team, are professional, kind, and caring. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent service.
- Successful vision correction: Several reviews mention that patients experienced improved vision after having cataract surgery or laser eye surgery at the practice. Many patients achieved 20/20 vision and were able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Efficient and comprehensive care: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the practice, including easy scheduling, minimal wait times, and thorough appointments. The doctors and technicians provide comprehensive eye care and take the time to listen to patients' concerns and explain procedures.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
10 Orms St Suite 220, Providence, RI 02904
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the professional and thorough staff at TLC. Patients appreciate the clear communication and patience of the doctors, as well as the supportive and welcoming atmosphere of the office. Many reviewers mention the incredible results they achieved after the surgery, with improved vision and little to no discomfort during the recovery process. The staff's knowledge, friendliness, and commitment to patient care are consistently praised throughout the reviews.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough explanations and support throughout the process.
- Skilled doctors who go above and beyond to ensure patient comfort, even in high-anxiety situations.
- Efficient and quick procedure with excellent results, allowing for near-perfect vision in a short amount of time.
Nielsen Eye Center
141 Longwater Dr Ste 111, Norwell, MA 02061
The positive reviews mention the great knowledge and professionalism of the staff at Nielsen Eye Center, with specific praise for Dr. Moreira. Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, as well as the efficient and thorough service provided. The practice's convenient location, clean facility, and accommodating scheduling also received positive feedback.
- Dr. Moreira is knowledgeable, thorough, and kind.
- The staff is extremely nice, professional, and helpful.
- The practice provides prompt appointments and comfortable eye dilation drops.
Nielsen Eye Center
541 Main St Suite 110, Weymouth, MA 02190
Dr. Helen Moreira and Dr. Nielsen have received positive reviews from patients. Patients appreciated their knowledge, professionalism, and pleasant demeanor. The office staff and technicians were praised for being friendly and helpful. Patients also had successful outcomes with their LASIK surgeries. However, there were some complaints about issues with the billing office and long wait times for appointments.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Both Dr. Moreira and Dr. Nielsen are highly knowledgeable and skilled in their fields. They have been praised for their expertise and thoroughness in examining and treating patients.
- Pleasant and helpful staff: The staff at the practice has been described as friendly, professional, and caring. They go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and answer any questions or concerns they may have.
- Successful outcomes: Many reviewers have had positive experiences with their LASIK surgeries, reporting improved vision and life-changing results. This indicates that the practice has a track record of successful outcomes for this procedure.
Ophthalmic Consultants Boston
88 Ansel Hallet Rd, West Yarmouth, MA 02673
The reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are mixed. Some reviewers praised the doctors and staff for being professional, organized, and providing high-quality care. They appreciated the thorough examinations and the positive results they had from their surgeries. However, there were also negative reviews that mentioned long wait times, unprofessional behavior from staff, and difficulty with scheduling and follow-up appointments. It seems that while some had positive experiences with this practice, others encountered issues with the service and administration.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeons: Dr. Ney and Dr. Yang are highly praised for their expertise and professionalism.
- Organized and efficient practice: The front office staff and support team at OCB are commended for their professionalism and organization, ensuring a smooth and prompt patient experience.
- Top-notch care and excellent results: Many patients have received successful lasik surgeries and have had their vision restored with near-perfection, making OCB a trusted choice for specialized eye care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article