Best LASIK Surgeon In Hyannis, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hyannis LASIK Surgeons in Hyannis, Hyannis, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hyannis reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hyannis.
The LASIK Vision Institute
298 W Exchange St Suite 100, Providence, RI 02903
The Lasik Vision Institute in Providence receives consistent positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff and knowledgeable doctors who put patients at ease through the process. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision and express gratitude for the life-changing impact of the surgery.
- Exceptional customer service: The staff, particularly the doctor with glasses, goes above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for patients, even providing assistance outside of office hours. They prioritize patient satisfaction and ensure all questions and concerns are addressed thoroughly.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough: The staff is described as friendly, genuine, and helpful. They provide detailed explanations of the procedure, address all concerns, and provide thorough follow-up care. Patients feel well-informed and supported throughout the entire process.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express extreme satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery, achieving 20/20 vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts. The procedure is described as quick, painless, and with excellent outcomes, providing a significant improvement in vision.
Nielsen Eye Center
300 Congress St STE 201, Quincy, MA 02169
The Nielsen Eye Center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who highlight Dr. Nielsen’s professionalism and positive surgical outcomes. Patients describe a friendly, efficient atmosphere and attentive staff that provide thorough, comprehensive eye care. Though a life-changing improvement in vision after surgery is commonly reported, some note an adjustment period. Overall, Dr. Nielsen comes highly recommended for his surgical skill and patient-centered approach.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, including Dr. Nielsen and his team, are professional, kind, and caring. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent service.
- Successful vision correction: Several reviews mention that patients experienced improved vision after having cataract surgery or laser eye surgery at the practice. Many patients achieved 20/20 vision and were able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Efficient and comprehensive care: Reviewers appreciate the efficiency of the practice, including easy scheduling, minimal wait times, and thorough appointments. The doctors and technicians provide comprehensive eye care and take the time to listen to patients' concerns and explain procedures.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
10 Orms St Suite 220, Providence, RI 02904
The lasik surgeon practice at TLC is lauded for its professional, thorough staff. Patients find the doctors communicate clearly and demonstrate patience. The office atmosphere is described as supportive and welcoming. Many reviewers achieved excellent results, with improved vision and minimal discomfort post-surgery. TLC’s knowledgeable, friendly staff earns consistent praise for their commitment to patient care.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough explanations and support throughout the process.
- Skilled doctors who go above and beyond to ensure patient comfort, even in high-anxiety situations.
- Efficient and quick procedure with excellent results, allowing for near-perfect vision in a short amount of time.
Nielsen Eye Center
141 Longwater Dr Ste 111, Norwell, MA 02061
The Nielsen Eye Center’s knowledgeable and professional staff, especially Dr. Moreira, impressed patients with their friendly assistance and efficient service. Patients also appreciated the convenient location, clean facility, and accommodating appointment scheduling.
- Dr. Moreira is knowledgeable, thorough, and kind.
- The staff is extremely nice, professional, and helpful.
- The practice provides prompt appointments and comfortable eye dilation drops.
Nielsen Eye Center
541 Main St Suite 110, Weymouth, MA 02190
Dr. Moreira and Dr. Nielsen receive high marks for their surgical expertise and bedside manner. Patients describe the doctors as knowledgeable, professional, and pleasant. Office staff garner acclaim for attentive service. While surgical outcomes meet expectations, some patients report frustration with billing and appointment wait times.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Both Dr. Moreira and Dr. Nielsen are highly knowledgeable and skilled in their fields. They have been praised for their expertise and thoroughness in examining and treating patients.
- Pleasant and helpful staff: The staff at the practice has been described as friendly, professional, and caring. They go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and answer any questions or concerns they may have.
- Successful outcomes: Many reviewers have had positive experiences with their LASIK surgeries, reporting improved vision and life-changing results. This indicates that the practice has a track record of successful outcomes for this procedure.
Ophthalmic Consultants Boston
88 Ansel Hallet Rd, West Yarmouth, MA 02673
While some patients report high-quality care and positive surgical results from this practice, others cite long wait times, unprofessional staff behavior, and difficulty scheduling appointments. The reviews are mixed between praise for the doctors’ expertise and criticism of the office’s administrative issues.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeons: Dr. Ney and Dr. Yang are highly praised for their expertise and professionalism.
- Organized and efficient practice: The front office staff and support team at OCB are commended for their professionalism and organization, ensuring a smooth and prompt patient experience.
- Top-notch care and excellent results: Many patients have received successful lasik surgeries and have had their vision restored with near-perfection, making OCB a trusted choice for specialized eye care.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.