Best LASIK Surgeon In Hadley, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hadley LASIK Surgeons in Hadley, Hadley, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hadley reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Hadley.
1206 Silas Deane Hwy Suite 2, Wethersfield, CT 06109
Current Specials: FREE consultation
Most reviews of this lasik surgeon laud the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients report quick, painless procedures and improved vision within days. Some caution about possible complications and advise consulting your own doctor beforehand.
- Fast and efficient procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the Lasik procedure was quick, taking less than 10 minutes, and they were able to see clearly within days or even the next morning. The speed and efficiency of the procedure were highly appreciated by patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at LasikPlus, describing them as welcoming, kind, and informative. The staff took the time to explain the entire process thoroughly and ensure that patients felt comfortable and well-cared for.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviewers were delighted with the results of their Lasik surgery, reporting improved vision and even achieving 20/20 or better. Patients expressed their satisfaction with the outcome and described the experience as life-changing, liberating, and the best decision they've made.
Middlesex Eye Physicians
400 Saybrook Rd #100, Middletown, CT 06457
Patients consistently report positive experiences with this lasik surgeon’s practice. The doctor and staff are attentive and provide thorough explanations. Patients also describe friendly, professional staff, short wait times, and successful surgeries improving vision.
- Thorough and attentive care: The lasik surgeon and staff listen to patients and provide consistent care from medical to administrative duties. They take the time to answer questions and explain treatments clearly.
- Short wait times and friendly staff: Patients appreciate the short wait times and the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff. The office is described as organized and efficient.
- Skilled surgeons and successful outcomes: Patients have had positive experiences with various surgeons at the practice, praising their expertise and successful outcomes. They feel confident in the care provided and recommend the practice for eye care needs.
Papale Eye Center
1515 Allen St, Springfield, MA 01118
Patients consistently praise this lasik surgery practice for their caring doctor, friendly staff, and high-quality eye care. Appointments run smoothly and surgeries prove successful. Many patients entrust the practice with their vision for years thanks to the doctor’s expertise, professionalism, and personalized care.
- Empathetic and intelligent doctor
- Efficient, professional, friendly, caring staff
- Excellent service and polite, courteous staff
Longwood Eye & LASIK Center
180 Daggett Dr, West Springfield, MA 01089
The Eye & Lasik Center is highly rated for their smooth surgery process and caring staff. Patients report an easy, efficient experience as well as attentive and friendly support. Many share satisfaction with the team’s guidance and the comfortable procedure. Most reviewers recommend this center for LASIK surgery.
- Easy process and personalized care: The Eye & Lasik Center makes the entire Lasik surgery process easy and personal. They prioritize individual care and ensure that patients don't feel like just a number. Scheduling appointments is simple and efficient, with shorter wait times compared to other practices.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Patients consistently praise the staff, particularly Dr. Janessa Patel, for their kindness and attentiveness. They appreciate the friendly and caring demeanor of the team, making them feel comfortable and well taken care of during their Lasik experience.
- Excellent results and pain-free procedure: Many reviewers are extremely satisfied with the outcome of their Lasik surgery. They report no issues or pain post-procedure and experience improved vision. The doctors, such as Dr. Warren, are highly skilled and capable, ensuring a fast and painless procedure that delivers excellent results.
- Please note that these pros are based on the provided reviews and may not necessarily represent the overall consensus or experience of all patients.
Eye Physicians of Northampton
40 Main St #106, Northampton, MA 01062
The lasik surgeon’s reviews speak of impeccable outcomes and excellent care. Patients describe life-changing vision restoration and attentive, professional service. Highly skilled surgeons and an efficient, friendly staff instill patient confidence. The practice comes very highly recommended.
- Skilled Surgeon: Dr. Shield is highly praised for his exceptional surgical skills and has successfully restored sight for many patients, including cataract surgery and correction.
- Professional and Attentive Staff: The entire team at Eye Physicians of Northampton is commended for their professionalism, attentiveness, and helpfulness. Patients feel well taken care of and confident in the competence of Dr. Shields and the staff.
- Efficient and Quick Service: Patients appreciate the quick appointment times and efficient exams at Eye Physicians of Northampton. The staff ensures minimal waiting times and completes the exam process in a timely manner.
Longwood Eye & LASIK Center
33 Riddell St, Greenfield, MA 01301
Longwood Eye Care’s knowledgeable staff receives high marks for their informative and compassionate care, with Drs. Ying and Patel noted for their patience and thorough exams. Patients describe a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The surgical team, led by Dr. Warren, is commended for their calm expertise during procedures.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at the lasik surgeon practice are kind, patient, and thorough in explaining procedures and treatment options. Patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
- Efficient and helpful staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and professional nature of the staff members, from the assistants to the nurses. They are described as courteous, informative, and efficient in their interactions with patients.
- Affordable prices and personalized care: One review specifically mentions that the lasik surgeon practice offers competitive and affordable prices for procedures. Another review emphasizes that patients are not treated as just a number, but instead receive personalized care and attention from the doctors and staff.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.