Best LASIK Surgeon In Gloucester, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Gloucester, MA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1868 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Gloucester.
24 Webster Pl, Brookline, MA 02445
The lasik surgeon practice has received highly positive reviews, with patients commending the skilled and caring staff. The practice is praised for accommodating short notice appointments and providing excellent care. Many patients have had successful lasik surgeries with improved vision and have had positive experiences with the doctors and staff.
- Highly skilled practice with excellent care: The practice has a highly skilled team that takes great care of their patients, ensuring top-notch service and results.
- Accommodating and efficient: The practice is able to accommodate patients on short notice and provides efficient service, ensuring a smooth and timely experience.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at Boston Vision are praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and the ability to address patients' concerns and provide clear explanations of treatment options.
The LASIK Vision Institute
50 Burlington Mall Road #101, Burlington, MA 01803
Patients have praised the Lasik Vision Institute and their surgeon, Dr. Frederick Nelson, for their friendly and professional staff who put patients at ease. The quick and painless procedure and the commitment to patient care have resulted in improved vision and a high level of satisfaction. Other positive aspects mentioned include the professionalism of the doctors, excellent results, and the helpfulness of the staff throughout the entire process.
- Friendly and professional staff who put patients at ease and provide thorough explanations of the procedure and aftercare.
- Quick and painless procedure with dramatic improvement in vision, allowing for freedom from glasses and contacts.
- Expertise, professionalism, and commitment to patient care set them apart from other LASIK surgeons.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
400 5th Ave Suite 510, Waltham, MA 02451
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients have praised the efficiency of the process, the professionalism of the staff, and the excellent outcomes. Many have experienced immediate improvements in vision and have been impressed with the thoroughness of the consultations and follow-up care. Some have also mentioned the convenience of scheduling appointments and the helpfulness of the staff in addressing any concerns or questions. A few negative reviews highlight issues with scheduling and communication, but these seem to be isolated incidents. Overall, the majority of patients highly recommend this practice.
- Fast and efficient process leading to a good outcome.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff with excellent bedside manner.
- Thorough consultation, informative surgeon, and seamless surgery process.
159 River Rd STE 4, Andover, MA 01810
Overall, the reviews for the lasik surgeon practice at Boston Vision are overwhelmingly positive. Patients praise the doctors and staff for their professionalism, expertise, and friendly demeanor. Many highlight the life-changing results they experienced after the surgery, and appreciate the thorough follow-up care. The office is described as clean, well-staffed, and state-of-the-art. However, a few negative reviews mention issues with billing and wait times.
- Excellent and caring doctors: Patients have praised the doctors at the Boston Vision practice for their expertise, professionalism, and ability to provide prompt and accurate diagnoses and treatments.
- Efficient and friendly staff: The staff members have been described as friendly, helpful, and efficient, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and their needs are addressed promptly.
- State-of-the-art facilities: The practice has been commended for its clean and spacious facilities, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, providing patients with a sense of confidence and trust in the practice's capabilities.
204 Worcester St, Wellesley, MA 02481
Boston Laser/Boston Eye Group has received numerous positive reviews from satisfied patients. The practice is praised for its convenient location, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and efficient service. Patients express high satisfaction with the outcomes of their lasik surgeries, noting improved vision and a seamless experience. Dr. Jason Brenner and Dr. Melki are specifically commended for their professionalism, expertise, and compassionate care. The practice also receives positive feedback for its thoroughness, cleanliness, and modern equipment. Overall, patients highly recommend Boston Laser/Boston Eye Group for lasik surgery and routine eye care.
- Convenient location with a big parking lot.
- Efficient and knowledgeable staff.
- Positive outcomes and high patient satisfaction with LASIK surgery.
Microsurgical Eye Consultants
31 Centennial Dr, Peabody, MA 01960
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice highlight the caring and professional nature of the staff, their thoroughness in explaining procedures, and the successful outcomes of surgeries. The surgeon, Dr. Rodman, is praised for his knowledge and patient care. The refractive coordinator, Joy, is also commended for her helpfulness and responsiveness to patient concerns. Overall, these reviews indicate a positive and satisfactory experience with the practice.
- Dr. Dan Luther is highly recommended for cataract surgery, with a thorough and professional approach.
- Microsurgical Eye Consultants provides great customer service and a friendly staff, particularly accommodating and kind to children.
- Dr. Rodman and his team offer a safe, clean, and organized experience, with efficient and successful LASIK procedures.
Clear Advantage Vision Correction Center
155 Borthwick Ave Suite 200 East, Portsmouth, NH 03801
The lasik surgeon at Clear Advantage has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many appreciated the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, as well as the comfortable environment and streamlined process at the facility. Patients praised the surgeons for their expertise and the excellent results they achieved, with some even describing the experience as life-changing. Overall, the practice is highly recommended for anyone considering vision correction procedures.
- Professional and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's professionalism, patience, and friendliness. They make the process easy and provide clear explanations, making patients feel at ease.
- Excellent Results: Many reviewers are extremely satisfied with their LASIK results, achieving better than 20/20 vision. They mention improvements in vision clarity and no longer needing glasses or contacts.
- Thorough and Informative: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the pre-op and post-op instructions, as well as the detailed consultations. They feel well-prepared for the procedure and have a clear understanding of the healing process.
- Overall, the lasik surgeon practice at Clear Advantage receives positive reviews for their caring staff, successful outcomes, and informative approach.
Eye Care and Laser Surgery of Newton - Wellesley
40 Walnut St Suite 101, Wellesley, MA 02481
Dr. Leibole and his team are highly praised for their exceptional care and expertise in performing LASIK surgeries. Patients commend the staff for being friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Additionally, many reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and consultations, as well as Dr. Leibole's ability to explain complex concepts in an easily understandable manner. Overall, patients feel confident in recommending Dr. Leibole and his practice for LASIK procedures.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled surgeon: Multiple reviews mention Dr. Leibole's expertise and ability to address various eye issues, including LASIK surgery and cataract surgery. Patients appreciate his thoroughness, ability to explain procedures, and his kindness and patience throughout the process.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praise the office staff for being friendly, attentive, and accommodating. From the office manager to the technicians, patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the staff's responsiveness to their questions and concerns.
- Positive patient experience: Reviewers highlight their overall positive experience at the practice, mentioning factors such as the cleanliness of the office, the ease of scheduling and follow-up appointments, and the efficient patient flow. Patients feel comfortable and well-informed, leading to high levels of satisfaction with their results and the quality of care received.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article