Best Eye Doctors In Natick, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Natick Optometrists in Natick, Natick, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Natick reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Natick.
1245 Worcester St #1024, Natick, MA 01760
Melissa and Kalin deliver helpful and efficient eye exams, expertly guiding customers to the ideal eyewear. Jannatil’s outstanding customer service and patience assist customers through selecting frames and customizing lenses. Dominic receives high marks for prompt glasses repairs and superb service.
- Quick and smooth eye exams: Customers praised the staff, specifically Melissa and Kalin, for their efficiency and helpfulness in getting eye exams done quickly and smoothly.
- Informative and helpful staff: Customers appreciated the informative and friendly nature of the staff members, from the receptionist to the eyewear consultant. They felt well-informed and supported in their eyewear choices.
- Excellent customer service: Many customers praised the kind and thoughtful service they received at this location. Staff members were described as going above and beyond to help, even staying late to assist customers.
1364 Worcester St, Natick, MA 01760
Customers appreciate the eye care center’s excellent service and helpful staff. Specific staff like Kalin, Dominic, Nadine, Trish and Domenic are commended for assisting with frame selection, repairs, and ensuring purchase satisfaction. Customers also value the quick turnaround time and wide selection of frames.
- Quick turnaround for lens repairs and adjustments: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center was able to quickly fix their glasses or make adjustments, often within minutes. This shows that the staff is efficient and skilled in handling these types of requests.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff members for their knowledge about frames, lenses, and various eye care options. The staff was described as friendly, patient, and willing to spend time assisting customers in finding the right solutions for their needs. This indicates that customers can expect personalized and attentive service at this location.
Lickteig Family Eyecare – Natick
1245 Worcester St #1024, Natick, MA 01760
The majority of customers speak highly of the friendly staff, clean facilities, and comprehensive eye exams. However, some experiences mention lengthy wait times, scheduling confusion, discourteous employees, and excessive billing. In general, most recommend this eye care center for its efficient and meticulous exams, though some advise improving the front desk and billing procedures.
- Friendly and professional doctors and staff
- Availability for last-minute appointments
Eye Care East
167 Union Ave, Framingham, MA 01702
Dr. Foner provides thorough eye exams using the latest equipment, explaining vision science and answering questions without pressuring purchases. Multiple reviewers recommend him and praise Eye Care East’s friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Dr. Marc Foner is extremely thorough and takes the time to answer questions in depth.
- The practice has all the latest equipment for providing high-level eye exams.
- The staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.
Retina Eye Care: Dr. Tang
182 W Central St # 102, Natick, MA 01760
Dr. Tang provides quality eye care and surgeries. Patients appreciate his expertise and thoroughness in addressing vision issues. While some mention rushed appointments or negative interview experiences, most are grateful for his attentive treatment.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable: Dr. Tang is praised for his expertise and skill in diagnosing and treating eye issues, particularly with retina problems. Patients feel confident in his abilities and trust him with their eye care.
- Thorough examination and personalized care: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the attention to detail Dr. Tang provides. He takes the time to answer questions and address concerns, ensuring patients feel heard and cared for.
- Timely appointments and follow-up: Many reviews mention that Dr. Tang and his staff are quick to schedule appointments, even for emergencies. Patients also appreciate the follow-up calls and visits to ensure their recovery is going well.
Visionworks Shoppers World
1 Worcester Rd #525, Framingham, MA 01701
Though some reviews praise the professionalism and friendliness of staff like Dr. R and Dr. Conway, others cite poor customer service and rushed appointments where patients felt ignored. Positive experiences mention quality service, comprehensive eye exams, and help choosing frames. While mixed, recent customer feedback should indicate if service issues at this eye care center have improved.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were kind, friendly, and helpful. They were praised for their customer service, from pre-exam assistance to frame selection.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Some reviewers specifically mentioned positive experiences with the optometrist, stating that the eye exams were conducted in a professional and thorough manner. The optometrist was said to address all concerns and answer all questions.
- Efficient and safe during COVID-19: One reviewer mentioned that the location had impeccable COVID-19 safety measures in place, making them feel safe. Another reviewer noted that they were in and out of the eye exam and glasses/contact lens fitting in a timely manner, without feeling rushed.
Natick Eye Care
192 Worcester St, Natick, MA 01760
Dr. Tomasino provides thorough eye exams, though some customers report long waits for prescriptions and poor service regarding refunds. Staff receives mixed reviews. While many find them warm and knowledgeable, there are allegations of discrimination.
- Dr. Tomasino goes beyond basic eye exams and takes the time to dial in prescriptions for various distances.
- The staff is warm, patient, and knowledgeable, making patients feel at ease during eye examinations.
- The optical shop has a wide selection of frames and friendly staff to help customers find stylish options that work with their prescriptions.
Metrowest Family Eye Care
81 Speen St, Natick, MA 01760
Dr. Tran and her team at Metrowest Family Eye Care receive consistently positive feedback for their comprehensive eye exams. Patients remark on the clean and welcoming office environment and helpful, friendly staff. Reviewers frequently commend Dr. Tran’s professionalism, attention to detail, and personalized approach.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Tran is highly recommended by multiple reviews for her thoroughness and expertise in eye exams and eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Metrowest Family Eye Care is described as friendly, helpful, and attentive, providing excellent service to patients.
- Clean and elegant office: The office is praised for being clean, elegant, and inviting, creating a comfortable environment for patients during their visit.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.