Best Eye Doctors In Methuen, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Methuen Optometrists in Methuen, Methuen, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Methuen reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Methuen.
Andover Optometry on Central
15 Central St, Andover, MA 01810
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback. Patients commend Drs. Deshaies and Watanabe for professional, thorough exams and clear explanations. The attentive, helpful staff also draw praise. Patients value the quality care and positive experiences.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center, specifically Dr. Deshaies and Dr. Watanabe, provide thorough and detailed eye exams. They take the time to explain everything and address any concerns, ensuring a high level of patient care.
- Professional and attentive staff: Reviews highlight the staff's professionalism and attentiveness to patients' needs. From the front desk to the opticians, the staff members are described as helpful, courteous, and patient.
- Quality service and prompt appointments: The eye care center receives praise for providing quality service, from scheduling appointments to the actual visit. Patients appreciate the punctuality and efficiency of the appointments, as well as the ability to accommodate urgent or emergency situations.
Bay State Eye Associates
436 Broadway, Methuen, MA 01844
Patients speak highly of the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Kahan’s thoughtful and personable care. While scheduling and billing challenges are noted, the primary concern regards one doctor’s impatience.
- Friendly and professional staff.
- Thorough and personable optometrist.
- Wide variety of frames available.
25 Marston St Apt 104, Lawrence, MA 01841
The reviews express dissatisfaction with billing practices, miscommunications about costs, and difficulties scheduling appointments. However, they also note quality doctors and a helpful receptionist.
- Knowledgeable and friendly providers: Despite some negative experiences, multiple reviews mention that the providers at the eye care center were knowledgeable, friendly, and took their time to explain procedures and treatments.
- Convenient locations and easy parking: Several reviews mention that the eye care center has accessible locations and convenient parking, making it easier for patients to visit.
- Prompt and efficient service: Many reviews praise the eye care center for its prompt and efficient service. Patients were seen quickly and had minimal waiting time, and the staff ensured that necessary testing and treatments were done promptly.
Dr. Janette Liu, Optometrist, and Associates – Methuen
90 Pleasant Valley St #250, Methuen, MA 01844
Overall, reviews indicate this eye care center has knowledgeable, thorough doctors and friendly staff providing quality exams at reasonable prices. A few patients reported long waits for glasses, high in-store frame costs, and an unsatisfactory encounter with one optometrist.
- Same week availability for eye exams and efficient practice.
- Friendly and helpful front receptionists.
- Knowledgeable and professional eye doctors.
159 River Rd STE 4, Andover, MA 01810
Customers praised the thorough eye exams, knowledgeable staff, and successful surgeries at Boston Vision. A few mentioned long waits, poor customer service, and billing issues. However the majority recommended Boston Vision, noting the attentive, caring doctors and staff.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with no pressure or rush.
- Life-changing Lasik surgery with a caring and reassuring staff.
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming technicians and doctors.
- Prompt and accurate diagnosis and treatment for eye issues.
- Friendly and professional staff with a focus on patient care.
- Experienced and skilled doctors who provide the best treatment options for individual needs.
- Quick, painless, and successful surgery for clear vision without glasses.
- Good communication and informative videos to address questions and concerns.
- Excellent job on Lasik, even for patients with astigmatism and high prescriptions.
- Doctors who genuinely care about providing the best treatment and not just about making money.
542 Turnpike St, North Andover, MA 01845
The eye care center provides thorough eye exams by Dr. David Metsch. Patients commend the staff for their attentiveness, friendliness, and helpful explanations of vision options. Martha, Matthew and Liz offer excellent customer service, with Liz taking extra care to find perfect replacement glasses. The center promptly fixes broken glasses free of charge, complementing their meticulous service.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye exams at Parrelli Optical, mentioning that they were thorough and comprehensive.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Several reviewers complimented the staff at Parrelli Optical, particularly mentioning the helpfulness and knowledge of specific employees like Martha, Matthew, and Liz.
- Good customer service: Reviewers appreciated the customer service at this eye care center, mentioning that they felt attended to, listened to, and treated well by the staff.
Haverhill Family Eye Care PC
59 Washington St, Haverhill, MA 01832
The majority of reviews for Haverhill Family Eye Care commend Dr. Dao and staff for professionalism, thorough exams, and friendly manner. Efficiency and expertise in selecting eyewear are also noted. A few criticize rude staff, subpar service, and prescription errors.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff at Haverhill Family Eye Care. They have been described as professional, efficient, and pleasant to interact with.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of their eye exams and the level of detail provided by the optometrists. They felt that their eye care needs were well-addressed and that the doctors took the time to explain their findings and treatment plans.
25 Marston St Apt 104, Lawrence, MA 01841
Reviewers report a positive experience overall at this eye care center. They note clean and well-equipped facilities, friendly staff, and knowledgeable doctors who conduct professional, thorough eye exams. Some mention longer than expected wait times, indicating potential for improved scheduling.
- Brand new practice: The eye care center is brand new and well-equipped, providing a clean and modern environment for eye exams and eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The personnel at the front desk are friendly and helpful, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams were thorough and that the doctors took the time to answer all their questions, providing excellent attention and accurate diagnoses.
Advance Family Eyecare
50 Haverhill St, Methuen, MA 01844
The eye care center has knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff, though waits for glasses are sometimes long. Customers recommend the exceptional service and have been loyal patrons for years.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctor.
- Friendly and energetic staff.
- Good customer care and quality service.
David S. Metsch, Optometrist
542 Turnpike St STE B, North Andover, MA 01845
Dr. Metsch’s patients commend his professionalism and skill in explaining vision issues. Multiple reviewers also highlight the eye care center’s friendly, knowledgeable staff. Overall, Dr. Metsch emerges as a trusted, caring eye doctor.
- Personal and professional care: The eye care center provides outstanding personal and professional care, taking the time to address individual concerns and provide thorough examinations.
- Thorough and comprehensive exams: Patients consistently mention that the eye doctor takes his time during exams, ensuring thoroughness and providing a comprehensive approach to vision care.
- Highly recommended and trusted: Many reviews mention that the eye doctor comes highly recommended by neighbors and friends, and patients have been going to him for years, indicating a high level of trust and satisfaction with the services provided.
New England Eye & Facial Specialists
25 Marston St Suite 303, Lawrence, MA 01841
Dr. Adam Beck provides quality eye care at New England Eye and Facial Specialists. Patients report his attentive and knowledgeable approach puts them at ease. His professional staff draw high marks for their helpful demeanor. Some concerns exist regarding lengthy wait times and difficulty contacting the office by phone. However, Dr. Beck comes highly recommended, particularly for those with complex vision needs.
- Dr. Beck genuinely cares about his patients and goes above and beyond to help with their issues and declining vision.
- Dr. Beck is extremely knowledgeable, attentive to fears and concerns, and has a kind and funny personality, making him a pleasure to work with.
- The staff at Dr. Beck's office are friendly, helpful, and provide excellent service, creating a positive and comfortable environment.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.