Best Eye Doctors In Haverhill, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Haverhill Optometrists in Haverhill, Haverhill, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Haverhill reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Haverhill.
159 River Rd STE 4, Andover, MA 01810
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, friendly staff, and good experiences with vision correction surgeries. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, poor customer service, and administrative issues. However, patients widely compliment the knowledgeable doctors and compassionate care.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: The eye exams at this eye care center are described as thorough and efficient, ensuring that all aspects of your vision and eye health are properly assessed.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center are praised for being friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They take the time to answer questions, provide information, and make patients feel comfortable throughout their visit.
- Life-changing surgeries: Numerous reviewers have had positive experiences with eye surgeries, such as Lasik and ICL. They report improved vision and life-changing results, thanks to the skilled doctors and staff at this eye care center.
Andover Optometry on Central
15 Central St, Andover, MA 01810
Overall, patients report an outstanding experience at this eye care center. Drs. Deshaies and Watanabe impress with their professional demeanor, meticulous exams, and clear explanations. The helpful, attentive staff further bolsters the center’s sterling reputation. Patients consistently recommend this practice for its exemplary eye care and service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at Andover Optometry, specifically Dr. John Deshaies and Dr. Watanabe, are highly knowledgeable, professional, and thorough in their eye exams. They take the time to explain everything and address any concerns or questions patients may have.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews highlight the exceptional customer service at Andover Optometry. The staff is described as friendly, attentive, and helpful. They go above and beyond to listen to patients' needs and ensure a positive experience, whether it's helping with frame adjustments, fixing glasses in a pinch, or providing assistance with choosing new glasses.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Several reviews note that appointments at Andover Optometry are well-organized and on time. Patients appreciate that they don't have to wait long, making the whole process smooth and efficient.
Bay State Eye Associates
436 Broadway, Methuen, MA 01844
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly and professional staff, especially Dr. Kahan, who patients describe as attentive, personable, and thorough during exams. Reviewers also appreciate the wide selection of affordable frames and eyeglasses. Many recommend this office and are grateful to have found such an excellent optometrist.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough and patient eye exams
- Wide variety of frames available
25 Marston St Apt 104, Lawrence, MA 01841
Reviews detail positive experiences at Boston Vision and Boston Laser, praising knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, and successful procedures. However, some note issues like incorrect billing, disappointing service, unhelpful staff, and lack of information provided. Overall, many recommend the practices while advising prospective patients to research doctors and manage expectations.
- Knowledgeable and friendly providers: Many reviewers mentioned positive interactions with the doctors at the eye care center, stating that they were knowledgeable, professional, and took the time to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Efficient and prompt service: Multiple reviewers mentioned short wait times and efficient service, with some even being seen on the same day they called for an appointment. The staff was described as friendly and attentive, ensuring a smooth and quick experience.
- High-quality care and positive outcomes: Several reviewers expressed satisfaction with the eye care they received, including cataract surgery, LASIK, and vision exams. They reported positive results, improved vision, and felt that their care was thorough and professional.
Dr. Janette Liu, Optometrist, and Associates – Methuen
90 Pleasant Valley St #250, Methuen, MA 01844
This eye care center earns recommendations for thorough exams by experienced doctors and friendly staff, though some patients report longer waits and costly glasses.
- Affordable and efficient practice with minimal wait time for eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff, including a friendly and approachable optometrist.
- Thorough and professional eye exams with a focus on patient comfort and satisfaction.
Dr. Laura Anne Potvin, P.C. – Optometrists
939 Salem St #7, Groveland, MA 01834
Customers consistently have positive experiences at Potvin Optometrists. They describe the staff as friendly and professional. Doctors perform comprehensive exams. Patients appreciate the doctors’ honesty, competence, and willingness to answer questions. Dr. Lambert receives high praise for her knowledge, thoroughness, and caring manner.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers commented on the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff at the eye care center.
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams they received at the center were thorough, indicating a commitment to providing comprehensive eye care.
- Knowledgeable and competent doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at the center for their expertise and knowledge, highlighting their ability to explain conditions and provide appropriate care and treatment.
542 Turnpike St, North Andover, MA 01845
Parrelli Optical earns mostly positive reviews for thorough eye exams, helpful staff, and quality products. However, some patients report unprofessional behavior, unclear fees, and appointment issues. The reviews indicate Parrelli Optical offers good service but could improve communication and customer satisfaction.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mentioned that the eye exams at Parrelli Optical were thorough, with the optometrists taking the time to listen to concerns and provide great advice.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Many reviews praised the staff at Parrelli Optical for being knowledgeable and helpful. They took the time to explain options and vision benefits, helped find the right pair of frames, and provided excellent customer service.
- Outstanding customer service: Several reviews highlighted the outstanding customer service at Parrelli Optical. The staff was described as attentive, friendly, prompt, meticulous, and compassionate. They went above and beyond to assist customers, including fixing glasses for free and accommodating emergency appointments.
Haverhill Family Eye Care PC
59 Washington St, Haverhill, MA 01832
Haverhill Family Eye Care provides exceptional service according to reviews. Patients praise Dr. Dao’s expertise. The staff earns accolades for professionalism, helpfulness, and empathy. Thorough eye exams and clear explanations satisfy patients. The clean, well-equipped office also draws compliments. Many strongly recommend Haverhill for quality eye care.
- Dr. Dao is highly professional, knowledgeable, and thorough, providing an exceptional eye exam experience.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and takes the time to answer questions and provide excellent customer service.
- The facility is clean, well-maintained, and equipped with the latest technology for eye care.
Advance Family Eyecare
50 Haverhill St, Methuen, MA 01844
Customers highlight the knowledgeable doctors, professional service, and friendly staff at this highly recommended eye care center. The sole critique involves longer than desired waits when ordering glasses.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and thorough eye doctor who receives high recommendations.
- Friendly and energetic staff who provide exceptional customer care and are great with kids.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.