Best Eye Doctors In Hanover, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hanover Optometrists in Hanover, Hanover, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hanover reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hanover.
Dr. John Lee
1422 Washington St, Hanover, MA 02339
The eye care center is generally well-reviewed for its competent, thorough doctors and friendly staff, though some customers experienced rude receptionists, indicating room for improvement in customer service. Patients highly recommend Drs. Lee and Eaves for their professional yet personable approach. While wait times are minimal, enhancing reception courtesy could further boost patient satisfaction.
- Well-staffed office with competent personnel.
- The doctors (Dr. Lee and Dr. Eaves) are thorough, personable, and take time to review patient needs and answer questions.
- Friendly and helpful staff who create a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Efficient and quick appointments, avoiding long wait times.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff assisting with glasses selection.
- Great customer service and positive experience overall.
Scituate Harbor Vision Source
85 Front St Unit B1, Scituate, MA 02066
Scituate Harbor Vision Source receives positive reviews for its exceptional eye exams and professional staff. Patients commend Drs. Andrade, Crooker and Chan for thorough, patient-focused care. The office features current technology and offers weekday and Saturday appointments. However, one reviewer had an unsatisfactory shop experience. The majority express high satisfaction with this eye care center.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers for thorough and comprehensive eye exams
- Professional staff and doctors who take the time to explain and listen to patients' concerns
- State-of-the-art equipment and a focus on patient care and comfort
35 Pleasant St Unit 40, Weymouth, MA 02190
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough exams and an attentive sales staff. Customers commend the knowledgeable, friendly employees, like Debbie, for assisting with frame selection and savings. However, one review cites inconsistent pricing and poor service. Overall, customers recommend the exceptional care at For Eyes.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough, detailed, and articulated well. This indicates that the eye care center provides high-quality examinations.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, accommodating, and patient. They provide excellent customer service, helping customers choose frames, explaining lens options, and addressing any concerns or issues.
- Cost-effective options: Several reviewers mention that For Eyes offers competitive prices and great deals, allowing customers to save money on glasses and lenses. They also mention that the center provides different options for lenses, such as high definition lenses for better clarity, and offers promotional discounts.
McAlear Eye Care
1638 Main St, Weymouth, MA 02190
McAlear Eye Care provides exceptional service and comprehensive eye exams. Patients commend the caring, knowledgeable staff, advanced technology, and attentive care from Dr. McAlear. Appointments are unrushed and pressure-free. This South Weymouth eye care center is highly recommended for its professional, friendly, and meticulous care.
- Excellent customer service and personalized care: The staff at McAlear Eye Care goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. They provide thorough eye exams, offer temporary glasses for prescription verification, straighten frames, and reinforce screws at no charge. They also stay past closing time to make sure customers are satisfied.
- Highly knowledgeable and proactive eye doctors: Dr. McAlear and his team are praised for their thorough and gentle eye exams. They use the latest technology and perform additional tests when necessary, such as a field exam to detect glaucoma. Their proactive approach to eye care has helped catch potential eye conditions early on, preventing irreversible damage.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at McAlear Eye Care is described as super friendly, informative, and knowledgeable. They take the time to answer questions, provide assistance with frame selection, and ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience for customers.
21 Torrey St, Brockton, MA 02301
Overall, most reviews praise the thorough eye exams and friendly staff at this eye care center. However, some customers complained of high glasses prices and poor service at one location involving scheduling and refunds.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They strive to make the experience comfortable and enjoyable for their patients.
- Advanced technology and techniques: The center is praised for its use of advanced technology, such as a new eye machine that takes pictures of the eyes instead of having them dilated. This technology is appreciated by customers for making the eye exam process easier and more efficient.
- Professional and efficient service: Numerous reviews highlight the professionalism and efficiency of the staff. Customers mention that they were seen on time, the paperwork was completed smoothly, and the overall experience was quick and easy. This suggests that the center values their patients' time and aims to provide efficient service.
Nielsen Eye Center
141 Longwater Dr Ste 111, Norwell, MA 02061
Nielsen Eye Center provides quality eye exams, LASIK, and cataract procedures. Patients describe the doctors as friendly and professional, though some caution that appointments can feel rushed, with insufficient attention and prescription issues reported. While many give high praise, it’s wise to weigh these pros and cons when choosing your eye care provider.
- Friendly, professional, and trustworthy doctors
- Thorough and thoughtful examinations
- Organized check-in system and short wait times
South Shore Vision Care
127 Washington St, Norwell, MA 02061
Dr. Botello was commended for her detailed and understandable eye exam explanations. However, some patients expressed dissatisfaction with the front desk staff’s discourteous manner, lack of supportiveness, and subpar communication. Additional concerns were raised regarding the office’s glasses warranty procedures and appointment wait times.
- Thorough and clear explanations: Multiple reviewers mentioned that Dr. Botello provided thorough and clear explanations during their eye exams, making the experience positive and informative.
- Quality eye care and professionalism: Several reviewers praised the professionalism and helpfulness of Dr. Botello and her staff, noting that they received excellent eye care and were satisfied with the service provided.
- Largest selection of glasses: One reviewer mentioned that South Shore Vision Care boasts the largest selection of Costa Del Mar and Maui Jim glasses on the South Shore, making it a premier outfitter for these brands. This may be appealing to those looking for a wide variety of glasses options.
Nielsen Eye Center
541 Main St Suite 110, Weymouth, MA 02190
The eye care center received largely positive reviews. Patients complimented Drs. Moreira and Ng on their expertise, agreeable manner, and professionalism. However, some customers reported problems with billing procedures and long waits. In general, most patients were satisfied with the staff and doctors.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Dr. Moreira and Dr. Ng are praised for their expertise and thoroughness in eye care and eye exams. They are knowledgeable, attentive, and take the time to explain the health of their patients' eyes.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is consistently described as friendly and helpful. They provide excellent customer service, are accommodating to patients' needs, and make the overall experience pleasant.
- Clean and welcoming environment: Patients appreciate the clean and thoughtfully designed environment of the office. The Weymouth location is specifically mentioned as being clean, welcoming, and well-maintained.
92 Derby St #135, Hingham, MA 02043
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its wide selection, helpful staff, and quality frames. While many customers compliment the knowledgeable associates who aid in choosing eyewear, some express frustration with appointment availability and return policies.
- Great selection: Multiple reviews mention the eye care center having a fantastic selection of frames, including high-end and designer options.
- Excellent customer service: Many customers praise the staff for being friendly, professional, and helpful. They are described as knowledgeable, patient, and willing to work tirelessly to help customers find the perfect pair of glasses. Several reviews specifically mention named staff members who provided exceptional service.
- Thorough eye exams: One review mentions that the eye care center's optometrist was thorough and prescribed an excellent correction for both distance and reading.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.