Best Eye Doctors In East Walpole, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed East Walpole Optometrists in East Walpole, East Walpole, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze East Walpole reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in East Walpole.
Eye Care Specialists
825 Washington St # 230, Norwood, MA 02062
The first reviewer cites issues with billing and communication regarding routine exam charges. The second gives high marks for eye surgery and exams, noting satisfaction. Other reviews applaud the staff’s professionalism and friendliness, the examinations’ thoroughness, and positive doctor experiences.
- Highly recommended for eye surgery and regular eye exams
- Very professional staff and doctors, providing efficient and knowledgeable care
- Friendly and competent support staff who provide exceptional service
Nielsen Eye Center
95 Chapel St STE 1A, Norwood, MA 02062
The eye care center is praised for attentive, communicative eye exams. Doctors like Tabaie, Ng, Khanna, and Moreira impress patients with their expertise, patience, and reassurance. Patients describe an efficient, courteous staff that promptly addresses any issues.
- Great communication and thorough eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors who are patient and reassuring.
- Professional and courteous staff who provide excellent customer service.
University Eye Care
221 University Ave, Westwood, MA 02090
Patients consistently praise the eye care center for its thorough, clearly explained exams. Doctors take time to address each concern. The helpful, friendly staff’s professionalism also draws compliments. Patients describe great experiences and intend to return.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews praise the doctors for their thoroughness and willingness to explain everything during the eye exam. This suggests that the eye care center provides comprehensive and informative exams, ensuring that patients understand their eye health.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Numerous reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, indicating that the staff members at the eye care center are welcoming, courteous, and quick to assist patients. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Personalized and attentive care: Several reviews highlight the personalized and attentive care provided by the doctors. Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to listen, address concerns, and tailor the treatment to their individual needs, ensuring a positive experience and high-quality care.
696 Washington St, Norwood, MA 02062
Customers consistently compliment the eye care center’s cleanliness, modern technology, and Dr. Stetson’s thorough, informative exams and caring, friendly manner. The staff is called welcoming and helpful. Overall, the experience earns excellent reviews.
- The eye care center is brand new and equipped with the latest technology for optometry, including state-of-the-art equipment.
- The staff, including Dr. Stetson and his wife, are friendly and personable, providing excellent customer service and making patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- The eye exams are thorough, informative, and conducted with care. The doctor takes the time to explain each procedure and findings to the patients.
South East Eye Vision Source
88 Pond St UNIT 2, Sharon, MA 02067
Patients of all ages feel comfortable at this family-friendly and caring eye care center. Dr. Park conducts thorough, informative exams and explains technical details understandably. With efficient service, minimal wait times, and knowledgeable, helpful staff for selecting frames and lenses, reviewers highly recommend this practice.
- Family-friendly practice: This eye care center is known for its welcoming atmosphere and caring staff, making it a great place for patients of all ages, from kids to grandparents.
- Thorough eye exams: Dr. Park, the clinician at this eye care center, is highly praised for delivering thorough and detailed eye exams. Patients appreciate her ability to provide technical and medical information in an understandable manner.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The entire staff at this eye care center is described as excellent and knowledgeable. They work as a team to prioritize patient care and provide exceptional service.
Westwood Eye Care & Optical
738 High St, Westwood, MA 02090
Westwood Eye Care & Optical is consistently praised for Dr. Zahka’s professional and knowledgeable care. Patients describe the staff as friendly and Jeff‚Äôs frame selection guidance as exceptional. The practice offers cutting-edge technology and a vast array of frames. Patients highly recommend this practice for its quality eye care and outstanding customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including Dr. Zahka and Jeff, are consistently praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and expertise in helping patients with eye care needs and selecting the perfect frames.
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment: Patients appreciate the up-to-date technology and machinery used at Westwood Eye Care, which helps ensure accurate and thorough eye exams.
- Excellent customer service and personalized care: The team at Westwood Eye Care goes above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout their visit.
Dr. Alan Rapoport, O.D
537 Washington St, Canton, MA 02021
Dr. Rapoport provides professional and competent eye care. Patients appreciate the efficient exams and quick glasses orders. However, some mention inaccurate prescriptions and an unfriendly receptionist. He is well-regarded for his thoroughness, honesty and amicable manner.
- Professional and competent optometry services: Dr. Rapoport and his staff are highly recommended for their expertise in conducting eye exams and providing prescription glasses and contact lenses.
- Excellent patient care and customer service: Dr. Rapoport and his team create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, delivering exceptional care and service to their patients. They go above and beyond for their patients, ensuring their glasses fit perfectly and taking the time to address any concerns.
Premier Family Eyecare
5 N Main St, Sharon, MA 02067
Dr. Yampolsky’s patients report excellent care from her friendly, welcoming staff. The office offers Saturday hours and wide frame selection. Some mention long waits and insurance confusion over glasses, but most still recommend her practice for knowledgeable, thorough eye care.
- Dr. Yampolsky and the staff are extremely friendly and make patients feel comfortable.
- The office offers Saturday hours, which is convenient for those with busy schedules.
- The doctor and staff are knowledgeable, professional, and provide excellent care.
- Dr. Yampolsky is thorough in checking eye health and has expertise in difficult prescriptions.
- There is a wide variety of glasses available at the office.
20/20 Eye Care
91 Central St, Norwood, MA 02062
The eye care center received high marks for its professional, thorough eye exams performed by knowledgeable doctors and helpful staff. Customers particularly appreciated the attentive customer service.
- The staff at this eye care center was extremely knowledgeable and attentive during my eye exam. They took the time to explain each test and answer all of my questions."
- I had a great experience at this eye care center. The optometrist was friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and modern. They had a wide selection of eyeglasses and contact lenses to choose from as well."
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.