Best Eye Doctors In Auburn, MA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Auburn Optometrists in Auburn, Auburn, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Auburn reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Auburn.
MATTHEW FORGUES, O.D.
152 Russell St, Worcester, MA 01609
Forgues Eyecare receives positive reviews for their efficient eye exams, modern equipment, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and frame selection assistance. Patients describe the office as professional, thorough, and utilizing advanced technology. The clean, welcoming environment accommodates adults and children alike.
- Quick and efficient eye exams: Customers mentioned that their eye exams were completed in a short amount of time, including paperwork, exam, and consultation with the doctor.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date staff: Reviewers praised the eye care center for being up-to-date with their equipment and using state-of-the-art technology for eye exams. They also mentioned that the staff was knowledgeable, professional, and thorough during the exams.
- Family-friendly environment: One reviewer highlighted the supportive and patient staff when her young child was nervous about getting an eye exam. The staff's kindness and understanding made the experience successful.
Auburn Vision Associates (Inside Lenscrafters)
385 Southbridge St, Auburn, MA 01501
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback. Patients report thorough, professional eye exams explained well by the doctors. Staff are largely praised as helpful and friendly, though a few customers experienced rudeness from one associate during initial testing. The majority still highly recommend this center for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and pleasant, making the experience enjoyable for both adults and children.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers state that the eye exams at this location are thorough and professional, with doctors taking their time to explain things and answer questions.
Goswick Eye Worcester
1393 Grafton St, Worcester, MA 01604
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its customer service, comprehensive exams, modern facilities, and friendly staff. A few negative reviews cite issues with glasses quality and the ordering process.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews praise the eye care center for its amazing customer service, emphasizing the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They make patients feel comfortable and at ease during eye exams, providing a pleasant experience.
- Comprehensive eye examinations: The eye care center is known for providing comprehensive eye examinations with the use of modern and up-to-date eye equipment. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams, including tests that ensure accurate prescriptions.
- Great selection of frames: Several reviews mention the eye care center's great selection of frames, including their own brand which offers affordable options. Patients appreciate the variety and assistance provided when choosing frames that suit their facial features and style preferences.
Eyes on Worcester
488 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA 01609
Many reviews of the Worcester eye care center mention poor customer service, untrained staff, and high prices. Issues obtaining correct prescriptions and prescription copies were also noted. A few positive reviews cited attentive staff, thorough exams, and clean facilities, but negative feedback predominates, indicating patients may prefer other options.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams with attentive and courteous staff
- Friendly and welcoming staff with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Up-to-date equipment and technology for precise eye exams
Family Eye Associates by Goswick Eye
694 Main St, Holden, MA 01520
This eye care center received mostly positive feedback for thorough eye exams, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and helpful recommendations. While some appreciated the affordable frames and easy online booking, a few mentioned cramped spaces, rushed exams, pressure to purchase extra services, and negative experiences with certain staff.
- Thorough eye exams and great recommendations on filters for eyes
- Friendly and helpful staff with great customer service
- Knowledgeable and informative staff, providing in-depth eye exams
O’Reilly Cross Family Eyecare
529 Lincoln St, Worcester, MA 01605
Patients consistently praise the eye doctors’ professionalism and attentiveness during exams. The knowledgeable, friendly staff helps patients feel comfortable. With reasonable prices, insurance acceptance, and a wide selection of glasses, this practice comes highly recommended for a positive experience.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: The optometrists at this eye care center are praised for their thoroughness during eye exams, taking the time to address concerns and answer questions, without making patients feel rushed.
- Wide variety of services and affordability: Patients appreciate that this eye care center offers comprehensive services, including eye exams, contact lens fittings, and a large selection of frames and lenses. They also appreciate the affordable prices and transparency in pricing for additional exam items.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including the optometrists, are described as friendly, kind, and professional. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of, with the staff being attentive to their needs and providing excellent customer service.
Goral Community Optician
38 Southbridge St, Worcester, MA 01608
Goral Community Optician receives mostly positive reviews for their attentive staff, thorough eye exams, and fast service. A few customers report issues with prescription accuracy and rude staff. Overall Goral provides a positive experience, though sometimes service falls short.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Goral Community Optician are thorough and comprehensive.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Several reviews praise the staff for being nice, attentive, and welcoming. They create a positive and warm environment for customers.
- Fast and efficient service: Customers appreciate the quick and efficient service at Goral Community Optician, whether it's getting glasses repaired or receiving their glasses quickly.
152 Russell St, Worcester, MA 01609
Most reviews praise the knowledgeable and friendly doctors for their thorough eye exams. Patients feel welcomed by the accommodating staff. However, one patient had a poor experience purchasing sunglasses and thought the glasses were overpriced.
- Friendly and personable optometrist who provides helpful tips on eyesight during pregnancy and for baby's eyesight.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who take the time to explain eye exam results and provide solutions for improving eye health.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology for quick and thorough eye exams.
777 Washington St, Auburn, MA 01501
This eye care center provides thorough eye exams. Customers consistently compliment the professional, friendly staff who take time to help select frames and lenses without pressure. Customers recommend this location for its impressive service.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive.
- Professional and friendly staff: Reviews consistently praise the professional and friendly demeanor of the staff, making the experience pleasant and comfortable.
- No pressure to buy glasses: One review specifically mentions that there was no pressure to purchase glasses during the visit, allowing for a stress-free experience.
Dr. Kimberly McLeod
567 Southbridge St #12, Auburn, MA 01501
Dr. Mizerak and Dr. McLeod are praised for their professionalism and expertise, though some reviewers cite issues with the desk staff’s compassion and billing/scheduling processes. Most patients report good experiences.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviews praise the doctors at this eye care center, mentioning their professionalism, knowledge, and ability to explain procedures and treatments clearly. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and quality of the exams they receive.
- Friendly and helpful staff (except for a few exceptions): Despite a few negative experiences with staff members, the majority of reviews describe the staff as friendly, welcoming, and helpful. They are praised for their patience in assisting patients with frame selection and for creating a relaxed and supportive environment.
- Efficient and accommodating service: Several reviews mention quick appointment scheduling, minimal wait times, and efficient service. Patients appreciate the attentive and personalized care they receive from the doctors and staff members. Additionally, the office is commended for its adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
HB Eye Care Center
242 Woodland St #210, West Boylston, MA 01583
HB Eye Care Center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for Dr. Helen Xu’s professional and thorough exams, Ortho-K lens options, and a clean, organized office environment. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated to excellent service. While mostly recommended, one patient expressed dissatisfaction with exam accuracy.
- Dr. Helen Xu is caring, professional, and thorough in her eye exams.
- The office staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and provides excellent customer service.
- The eye care center offers Ortho-K lenses, which are highly recommended for controlling eye degree and preventing dry eyes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Massachusetts
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.9% of people aged 40-64 and 6.28% of people aged 65+ in Massachusetts reported being blind or having difficulty seeing. in Massachusetts, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Massachusetts
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Massachusetts.
- The In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher than the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Massachusetts in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.68%) compared to the overall population (4.01%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.67%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Massachusetts
- In Massachusetts, 4.01% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Massachusetts
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.83% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.9% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Massachusetts face even higher rates at 6.28%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Massachusetts
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Massachusetts.
- 9.91% of those with diabetes and 7.68% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Massachusetts
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.94% of children in Massachusetts having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.83% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Massachusetts
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.01% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Massachusetts.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.