Best Eye Doctors In Dundalk, MD
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dundalk Optometrists in Dundalk, Dundalk, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dundalk reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dundalk.
Katzen Eye Group
7106 Ridge Rd, Rosedale, MD 21237
Katzen Eye Group provides quality eye exams and glasses with knowledgeable, friendly staff in a clean facility with free parking. While some mentioned scheduling and location issues, most described a positive experience with excellent doctors and efficient service.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: The eye care center provides education during eye exams, ensuring patients understand what is being examined and not just receiving a new prescription for glasses or contacts.
- Polite, respectful, and organized: The staff at the eye care center is highly professional and organized, making the visit efficient and pleasant for patients.
- Convenient and comprehensive eye care: The center offers a one-stop-shop for excellent eye care, including eye exams and the diagnosis of conditions like glaucoma. The medical team and staff are great, ensuring patients receive comprehensive care.
Katzen Eye Group
301 St Paul Pl, Baltimore, MD 21202
The eye doctors at Katzen Eye Group, notably Dr. Eric Williams and Dr. Casey, are praised for comprehensive exams. While some patients report scheduling issues, most reviews applaud the professional, attentive staff and pleasant office environment adhering to safety protocols.
- The staff at Mercy Medical Center/Katzen Eye Group are courteous, polite, and focused on patient care.
- The waiting area is organized and follows social distancing guidelines.
- Dr. Eric Williams at Katzen Eye Group provides thorough explanations during eye exams and is highly professional.
Levin Eyecare – Overlea
7684 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21236
Levin Eyecare provides quality eye care including cataract surgeries by Dr. Shalaby. Patients remark on the professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff. Doctors attentively address vision needs, especially Dr. Stone. Facilities are efficient and clean. Customers appreciate the personalized, thorough care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at the eye care center, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visit.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviews highlight the doctors' ability to explain procedures and test results in a way that patients understand, making them feel informed and reassured about their eye health.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews mention the excellent customer service provided by the staff, including accommodating special requests, addressing concerns, and providing prompt and efficient service.
8109 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21234
Patients report a positive experience at this eye care center, describing friendly and professional staff who provide thorough, efficient exams. The knowledgeable, compassionate doctors come highly recommended. However, some complaints surfaced about billing issues and occasionally rude front desk staff. Overall, it appears to offer quality eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Levin Eye Care for being friendly and professional, creating a pleasant and comfortable experience during eye exams.
- Thorough and efficient exams: Several reviewers highlighted the thoroughness and efficiency of the eye exams conducted at Levin Eye Care. They appreciated the attention to detail and the fact that the exams were conducted in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable and skilled doctors: The doctors at Levin Eye Care were frequently mentioned as being knowledgeable and skilled. Reviewers appreciated their expertise in diagnosing and addressing their eye care needs.
Doctors of Optometry – The Can Company
2400 Boston St Ste 106, Baltimore, MD 21224
The majority of reviews praise this eye care center’s caring and helpful staff and thorough eye exams. A few negative reviews cite issues with communication and incorrect prescriptions, but positive experiences predominate.
- Staff is described as great, caring, friendly, and helpful.
- Positive feedback regarding the thoroughness of the eye exams.
- Quick and easy process for eye exams and selecting glasses.
2400 Boston St Ste 106, Baltimore, MD 21224
This eye care center is highly recommended for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams, exceptional customer service, wide frame selection, and accommodating service. Most customers have an outstanding experience, though one recent customer was dissatisfied with their glasses fit.
- The staff at this eye care center is consistently praised for being friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, providing excellent customer service.
- The eye exams are thorough and cater to the specific needs of each individual, ensuring a comprehensive evaluation of eye health.
- The selection of frames is extensive, and the staff takes the time to help patients find glasses that look great and suit their style.
White Marsh Eye Care
8200 Perry Hall Blvd Suite 2158, Baltimore, MD 21236
The eye care center at LensCrafters’ White Marsh Mall location offers exceptional service per customer reviews, especially citing Drs. Delgado and Philips for their professional, thorough, and personable eye exam manner. The office’s strict cleaning protocols and COVID-19 safety measures also reassured customers. However, one review mentioned rude staff at the store entrance.
- Friendly and personable staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and kind nature of the staff, making them feel comfortable and welcomed during their eye exams.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were quick, taking less than 30 minutes, while still providing thorough explanations and information about their eye health.
- Note: The provided pros are based on the positive aspects mentioned in the reviews and do not reflect the entire range of experiences at the eye care center.
Federal Hill Eye Care
1029 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21230
Most reviews praise the thorough exams and professionalism of the eye doctors and staff. However, one patient had a poor experience feeling disrespected by staff. Patients largely appreciate the caring bedside manner of the doctors and prompt service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided at this eye care center are thorough and comprehensive, giving patients confidence in the quality of their eye care.
- Friendly and personable staff: The staff at this eye care center is praised for being friendly, communicative, and making patients feel comfortable during their visits. Their approachability adds to the positive experience.
- Attentive and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as attentive, knowledgeable, and understanding of patients' concerns. They take the time to listen and involve patients in decisions about their eye health, ensuring personalized care.
Glen Burnie Eyecare
1600 Crain Hwy S # 102, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for their professional, caring doctors and supportive, knowledgeable staff. Patients mention Dr. Spind takes time to explain eye exams and cares about overall health. Many reviews praise the glasses selection process and insurance handling. The center comes highly recommended for thorough eye exams and excellent service.
- Dr. Spind is professional, thorough, and takes the time to explain eye care and its impact on overall health.
- The staff is friendly, supportive, and responsive to patients' needs.
- The eye care center offers a wide range of services, including routine eye exams, treatment for serious issues, and dry eye treatment.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Maryland
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Maryland reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Maryland, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Maryland
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Maryland.
- The In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (6.46%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3%. and In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.66%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.15%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Maryland
- In Maryland, 3.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Maryland
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.57% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Maryland face even higher rates at 4.67%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Maryland
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Maryland.
- 6.46% of those with diabetes and 6.66% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Maryland
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.35% of children in Maryland having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.96% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Maryland
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Maryland.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.