Best Eye Doctors In Berlin, MD
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Berlin Optometrists in Berlin, Berlin, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Berlin reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Berlin.
Hollaway Eye Associates
2300 N Salisbury Blvd K119, Salisbury, MD 21801
The eye care center is highly recommended for its friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciated the quick and efficient service, with no wait time for exams or glasses selection. While a few reviews cited issues with insurance acceptance and assistance during eyeglasses fitting, most praise the quality of care.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with minimal wait times
- Friendly and attentive staff that provide personalized care
- Technologically up-to-date equipment for accurate prescriptions
An Optical Galleria-Ocean City
9927 Stephen Decatur Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842
Customers report outstanding service at this eye care center, including friendly staff, efficient appointments, and same-day glasses and repairs that rescue vacations and emergencies. With thorough exams, great frames, and excellent customer service, this center comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers consistently mention the friendly and helpful specialists at this eye care center. They are praised for their excellent customer service and for answering all their questions and concerns.
- Quick service and same-day glasses: Multiple reviews emphasize the fast service provided by this eye care center. Customers were able to get their glasses made on the same day or in less than 20 minutes, even in urgent situations like losing their glasses in the ocean.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many customers commented that they received the most comprehensive eye exam they've ever had at this eye care center. They felt that the optometrist was thorough and accurate in their assessments, providing them with an excellent experience.
WINK! vision Ocean City
12911 Ocean Gateway Unit 102, Ocean City, MD 21842
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for thorough eye exams, professional staff, and wide frame selection. Customers describe the exams as comprehensive and attentive. Staff earn acclaim for expertise and courteous service. The extensive frame options receive consistent praise. Most reviewers say they would strongly recommend this center for all vision care needs.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: The eye doctors at WINK Vision take the time to understand patients' lifestyles and tailor their recommendations for glasses and contacts accordingly.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: According to multiple reviews, the staff at WINK Vision is courteous, friendly, and highly knowledgeable about eye care.
- Excellent frame selection: Customers have praised the wide variety and quality of frames available at WINK Vision, making it a great place to find the perfect pair of glasses.
12417 Ocean Gateway Ste 14, Ocean City, MD 21842
OC Eyecare receives mostly positive feedback for their knowledgeable, courteous staff. However, one reviewer had a poor experience with an uninformed front office employee. The majority express satisfaction with the eye doctors’ care and service.
- Knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous staff.
- Adequately trained and informative staff.
- Quick and efficient service.
16 S Main St B, Berlin, MD 21811
Positive reviews praise the friendly and helpful staff, quick service, thorough examinations, and reasonable prices. Staff member Casey in particular went above and beyond to accommodate a customer’s needs. Many reviewers appreciate the convenient location and have been loyal patients for years.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide great service to patients of all ages.
- Convenient location and affordable prices for eyewear and eye exams.
- Prompt and efficient repair service for broken glasses, free of charge.
Azar Eye Institute: Filipov Azar MD
31519 Winterplace Pkwy, Salisbury, MD 21804
The reviews overwhelmingly commend the office’s courteous, skilled staff and doctors. While one patient was initially misdiagnosed, they gratefully acknowledge the prompt correction. The sole critical review objects to a spouse being left outside in cold weather during their partner’s eye dilation.
- Polite and professional staff
- Courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly staff and doctors
- Well-organized office and great staff
Yonker Jason MD
10231 Old Ocean City Blvd, Berlin, MD 21811
Dr. Yonker is a leading glaucoma specialist with a reputation for expertise, accurate diagnoses, and effective laser surgery. His patients commend his compassionate care.
- Highly knowledgeable and expert in treating glaucoma and other eye conditions, including laser surgery recommendation.
- Provides care and compassion to patients, treating them as if they are family.
- Prioritizes patients and their well-being, putting them first in every situation.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Maryland
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Maryland reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Maryland, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Maryland
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Maryland.
- The In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (6.46%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3%. and In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.66%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.15%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Maryland
- In Maryland, 3.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Maryland
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.57% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Maryland face even higher rates at 4.67%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Maryland
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Maryland.
- 6.46% of those with diabetes and 6.66% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Maryland
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.35% of children in Maryland having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.96% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Maryland
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Maryland.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.