Best Eye Doctors In Abingdon, MD
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Abingdon Optometrists in Abingdon, Abingdon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Abingdon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Abingdon.
Katzen Eye Group
7106 Ridge Rd, Rosedale, MD 21237
Katzen Eye Group provides thorough eye exams and explanations from knowledgeable, friendly staff. The well-organized, clean facilities offer free parking. While some locations had scheduling issues or less helpful staff, most reviews were positive overall.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Customers praised Katzen Eye Group for providing educational eye exams that go beyond just prescribing glasses or contacts.
- Polite, respectful, and organized staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff at this location is polite, respectful, and highly organized, making the entire eye care experience pleasant.
- Convenient and prompt appointments: Several customers appreciated the availability of same-day appointments and the efficiency in scheduling and wait times.
Katzen Eye Group
3401 Box Hill Corporate Center Dr #202, Abingdon, MD 21009
Reviews highlight friendly staff and detailed eye exams by knowledgeable doctors, though some mention frustration with long waits and front desk issues. Positive experiences are described with Dr. Giannas, Dr. Loskot, Dr. Butterworth, and Dr. Giannias.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Many reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center took the time to explain the results of their eye exams and address any concerns or questions they had. This indicates that the doctors are knowledgeable and provide a thorough examination.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly and helpful. They were noted to be welcoming, informative, and exhibited great customer service. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Short wait times: Several reviewers mentioned that the wait times at this eye care center were relatively short. This suggests that the center efficiently manages appointments, reducing the amount of time patients need to wait before being seen by the doctor.
Levin Eyecare – Perry Hall
4313 Ebenezer Rd, Nottingham, MD 21236
Levin Eyecare’s Perry Hall location is praised for its professional, efficient staff and thorough exams. Patients remark on the friendly atmosphere and relief at finding quality care after negative experiences elsewhere. A few note delays getting reports and limited frame options, but most highly recommend Levin Eyecare.
- Professional and efficient staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff and doctors at Levin Eyecare are professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. They provide thorough eye exams and take the time to explain the results to patients.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: Many reviewers praised the friendly and welcoming atmosphere at Levin Eyecare. The front desk staff and doctors are described as friendly, engaging, and accommodating. Patients feel comfortable and well-cared for during their visits.
- Quick and convenient service: Several reviews mention that Levin Eyecare offers quick and convenient service. Patients were seen on time and had a reasonable wait time. The office is also commended for its efficiency in ordering and receiving contact lenses.
Levin Eyecare – Bel Air
223 Brierhill Dr, Bel Air, MD 21015
Overall, most reviews praise this eye care center’s friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams. However, one customer had ongoing issues with prescription lenses. In general, reviews indicate great customer service and positive patient experiences.
- Thorough and unrushed eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and not rushed, allowing patients to feel confident in their care.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviewers commended the staff at this eye care center for their friendliness, knowledge, and willingness to assist with glasses selection, contact lens fitting, and answering questions.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviews highlighted the center's exceptional customer service, including making patients feel welcome, explaining tests and procedures, and providing efficient service.
Seidenberg Protzko Eye Associates
2023 Pulaski Hwy, Havre De Grace, MD 21078
The eye care center provides thorough, professional eye exams and employs knowledgeable, polite doctors. Patients describe the staff as friendly, helpful and professional, creating a pleasant care experience. Reviewers particularly praise specific doctors for excellent cataract surgery outcomes. In sum, patients recommend the center for comprehensive, compassionate eye care.
- Efficient and quick appointments, with some patients being seen in under 30 minutes for a complete eye exam.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who provide thorough exams and take the time to explain the results to patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff who create a welcoming and professional atmosphere.
White Marsh Eye Care
8200 Perry Hall Blvd Suite 2158, Baltimore, MD 21236
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, competent, and professional staff. Patients value the doctors’ detailed eye exams and clear explanations. However, one customer reported rude behavior from staff at the entrance, which could discourage future visits.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Many reviewers mention the kind and friendly nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcome during their visit. They also appreciate the professionalism and competence of the doctors.
- Efficient and Thorough Eye Exams: Several reviewers mention that their eye exams were quick, yet thorough, and they didn't feel rushed during the process. The doctors explained information clearly and answered all their questions.
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols: Reviewers appreciate the COVID-19 safety protocols in place, such as cleaning procedures and technology used during the eye exams, making them feel safe and comfortable during their visit.
Visionworks Harford Mall
656 Belair Rd, Bel Air, MD 21014
Vision Works has largely positive reviews for their professional, courteous staff, short wait times, and excellent service. Customers particularly appreciate helpful, friendly employees like Megan, Lauren, and Austin. A few negative reviews cite rushed exams, incorrect prescriptions, poor customer service, and difficulty contacting the store.
- Professional, helpful, and courteous staff. Rarely have to wait for appointments.
- High level of professionalism and exceptional customer service from specific staff members.
- Extensive selection of frames and excellent service provided by the staff.
Seidenberg Protzko Eye Associates
520 Upper Chesapeake Dr # 401, Bel Air, MD 21014
Customers had mostly positive experiences with the attentive doctors and friendly staff at this eye care center. However, some mentioned difficulties contacting the office to change appointments and other customer service issues, with one reviewer describing an unpleasant encounter with a rude receptionist.
- The doctors at this eye care center are highly recommended and provide thorough and professional eye exams.
- The practice offers a wide range of services, from annual exams to surgical procedures, making it convenient for the whole family.
- The doctors take the time to explain everything and answer all questions, providing a high level of care and knowledge.
Sober Family Eye Care, PA
8841 Belair Rd, Nottingham, MD 21236
Reviewers commend Dr. Sober and his team at Sober Family Eye Care for their warm and attentive approach, taking time to clearly explain procedures and answer questions during eye exams. Patients appreciate the professional yet caring staff, who help them find suitable frames and lenses. The practice receives high marks for providing quality, affordable vision care.
- Dr. Sober and his team provide clear explanations and take the time to answer questions, putting patients at ease during eye exams.
- The staff is professional, friendly, and goes out of their way to help cut costs for patients.
- Dr. Sober is a thorough optometrist who pays attention to detail and ensures patients receive the best treatment.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Maryland
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Maryland reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Maryland, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Maryland
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Maryland.
- The In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (6.46%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 3%. and In Maryland in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.66%) compared to the overall population (3.51%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.15%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Maryland
- In Maryland, 3.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Maryland
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.57% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Maryland face even higher rates at 4.67%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Maryland
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Maryland.
- 6.46% of those with diabetes and 6.66% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Maryland
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.35% of children in Maryland having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.96% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Maryland
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Maryland.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.