Best Eye Doctors In Frankfort, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Frankfort Optometrists in Frankfort, Frankfort, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Frankfort reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Frankfort.
Commonwealth Eye Surgery
2353 Alexandria Dr #350, Lexington, KY 40504
Commonwealth Eye Surgery patients report exceptional care and a comfortable, professional experience during LASIK and cataract procedures. Reviewers highlight the clinic’s knowledgeable, friendly staff and efficient, well-organized operations.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Commonwealth Eye Surgery for their knowledge and friendliness. They felt welcomed and comfortable throughout their experience, with staff members taking the time to explain procedures and answer any questions.
- Excellent surgical results: Several reviewers were highly satisfied with the outcome of their eye surgeries, such as LASIK and cataract surgery. They experienced improved vision, with some achieving better than 20/20 vision. The surgeries were described as quick, painless, and successful.
- Efficient and well-organized: Reviewers remarked on the efficiency and organization of Commonwealth Eye Surgery. They appreciated the thorough explanations and communication throughout the process, from consultations to post-operative care. The clinic was described as running smoothly, with staff keeping patients informed and at ease.
Central Kentucky Eyecare
3221 Summit Square Pl Suite 200, Lexington, KY 40509
Central Kentucky EyeCare receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for Dr. Lambirth and staff’s friendly, professional service. Patients cite short wait times, caring treatment for all ages, and conveniences like onsite glasses and contact lens delivery. The practice comes highly recommended for a satisfying eye care experience.
- Friendly and thorough eye exams: Dr. Lambirth and his coworkers are professional, friendly, and provide comprehensive eye exams.
- Great atmosphere and family-friendly: Central Kentucky EyeCare offers a welcoming and family-oriented atmosphere, ensuring that even children have a positive experience during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and efficient staff: The staff at Central Kentucky EyeCare is knowledgeable, efficient, and provides quick check-ins and prompt service. They also assist with insurance coverage and provide accurate quotes for vision plans.
Paula F. Hernandez Hoover, O.D.
301 Leonardwood Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601
Dr. Hoover’s eye care center provides thorough, professional eye exams in a friendly, welcoming environment. Patients appreciate Dr. Hoover’s personal care in answering questions. The practice offers minimal wait times, advanced equipment and reasonable prices. Patients strongly recommend Dr. Hoover for all vision needs.
- Friendly and professional environment with a personal touch of kindness.
- Thorough eye exams and knowledgeable staff.
- Minimal wait time and quality care provided by Dr. Paula Hoover.
535 Wellington Way STE 160, Lexington, KY 40503
The first review critically notes disappointments with limited time and attention during the exam. Another pleased with Dr. Davidson’s attentive and thorough exam responses. Generally positive reviews commend the staff, doctors, and service, with mentions of personal care and meticulous attention by optometrists at Stratton Eyes.
- The staff and doctors at Stratton Eyes are praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness.
- Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye examinations and the willingness of the doctors to answer questions and provide detailed explanations.
- The office is clean and properly sanitized, and the staff follows Covid-19 protocols to ensure safety.
315 Leonardwood Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601
Patients highly recommend this eye care center for its friendly, attentive staff, thorough exams, and aid in selecting suitable eyewear. The atmosphere is warm, check-in is easy, and the doctors are professional and knowledgeable. A couple reviews noted long wait times and rude front desk staff.
- Friendly and patient staff: Numerous reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, patient, and kind. They take the time to listen to concerns, help find suitable glasses, teach contact lens insertion, and make patients feel comfortable.
- Efficient and quick service: Multiple reviews highlight the efficiency and quickness of the service provided at this eye care center. Some reviewers mention being in and out in under 35 minutes, while others appreciate being able to order glasses on the same day and receive them within two weeks.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to address and answer all concerns. They provide a pleasant and stress-free experience while ensuring accurate eye exams and customized treatments.
West End Eye Care
2559 New Holt Rd, Paducah, KY 42001
The eye care center receives consistent positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and accommodating service. Patients appreciate the doctors’ thorough and patient eye exams, with clear explanations. The beautiful new office and short wait times also draw praise. Patients strongly recommend this center for their quality care and enjoyable visits.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They are described as easy to talk to and provide a welcoming environment.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: The eye exams conducted at this center are praised for being thorough and detailed. The doctors take their time to explain what is happening during the exam and are open to answering any questions.
- Wide range of services and products: Patients appreciate the extensive selection of glasses and contact lenses available at this eye care center. They also mention being satisfied with the clinic's ability to address specific eye conditions and provide solutions tailored to their needs, such as scleral lenses for low vision issues and dry eye relief.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
111 Jett Boulevard Suite 100, Frankfort, KY 40601
This eye care center received mostly positive reviews. Patients commonly complimented the professional, friendly, and efficient staff, especially the doctors. Some mentioned prompt service and same-day glasses. However, a few complained of disorganization, unhelpful front desk staff, insurance and prescription issues, long waits, and difficulty contacting the office.
- Prompt and efficient service: Customers mentioned that there was no wait time for their eye exams and they were taken back for their appointments almost immediately.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the employees for their professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness during the eye exam process.
- Availability of same-day glasses: One customer mentioned that they were able to get their glasses on the same day as their exam, indicating that the store may have a range of lenses in stock.
Dr. Black’s Eye Associates
643 Comanche Trail, Frankfort, KY 40601
Dr. Munson’s eye care center receives consistently positive reviews for the doctor’s expertise and the staff’s friendliness. Multiple patients highlight the office’s efficiency and thorough exam process. Some concerns exist around wait times. Overall, Dr. Munson comes highly recommended for her honest and attentive eye care services.
- Excellent doctor who takes the time to explain everything and provides "whole person" care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff that is always willing to answer questions and provide excellent service.
- Professional and efficient office that resolves issues quickly.
Dr. Black’s Eye Associates
102 Diagnostic Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601
Patients consistently describe the staff at this eye care center as friendly and accommodating. Dr. Sanchez is highly regarded for her kindness with both children and adults. The knowledgeable doctors take a thorough approach and provide professional, courteous service. The relaxing office atmosphere allows staff to listen attentively and deliver excellent care.
- The staff, particularly Dr. Sanchez, is exceptional with both children and adults, going above and beyond to make patients comfortable during eye exams.
- The office provides professional and courteous service with informative staff, ensuring a positive experience for patients.
- The doctors, such as Dr. Apenbrinck, Dr. Black, and Dr. Munson, are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to listen to and address patient concerns.
Fayette Eye Care & Dry Eye Spa
3301 Nicholasville Rd, Lexington, KY 40503
The majority of reviews for this eye care center praise Dr. Turpin’s attentive exam style and clear communication. Many also appreciated the professional yet welcoming staff. A couple negative reviews cite issues with scheduling or charges, but most patients report a highly satisfactory experience.
- Dr. Turpin is highly praised for her ability to explain and take the time to ensure patients receive the best care and prescription possible.
- The staff, including Sheila in the lens center, are friendly, professional, and personable, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- The doctor is thorough and uses state-of-the-art equipment, resulting in a comprehensive eye exam and the identification of any issues that may have been missed by other optometrists.
Retina Associates of Kentucky
315 Leonardwood Dr Suite 4, Frankfort, KY 40601
Retina Associates of Kentucky provides personalized, thorough eye exams. Patients remark on the professional, yet caring doctors and staff who ensure comfort. Their friendly, informative approach is appreciated.
- The staff is courteous, polite, and caring, ensuring the comfort of patients while they wait and providing a sufficient amount of time for examinations.
- Dr. Purkiss is thorough, takes his time during exams, and provides excellent care for eye conditions.
- The office is clean, and the staff is professional, friendly, and helpful, creating a relaxed atmosphere for eye treatment.
VisionFirst: Dr. Stallard and Dr. Long
315 Leonardwood Dr, Frankfort, KY 40601
The eye care center received excellent reviews from customers, particularly regarding Dr. Seger’s kindness. The front desk staff and technicians were also commended for their warm and friendly service. The reviewer had a positive first visit and intends to return.
- Exceptional customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned the warm and kind treatment received from the front desk staff, technician, and Dr. Seger.
- Positive overall experience: Reviewers expressed that their visit to the eye care center was a highly positive experience, indicating a level of satisfaction with the service provided.
Lance Long, OD
1303 US-127 Suite 108, Frankfort, KY 40601
The eye care center at 315 Leonardwood has received glowing feedback, with multiple patients complimenting the professional and friendly staff. One review highlighted the convenient location and spacious new office. While largely positive, a couple less satisfied customers felt appointment wait times could be reduced.
- Convenient location change: The eye care center has moved to a new location at 315 Leonardwood, making it easily accessible for customers.
- Positive feedback: Overall, the reviews are positive, indicating that the service at this eye care center is highly regarded.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kentucky
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.63% of people aged 40-64 in Kentucky had blindness or difficulty seeing, while 10.5% of people aged 65+ had the same issue. in Kentucky, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kentucky
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kentucky.
- The In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was more than twice as high for those with diabetes (14.5%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.39%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.24%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kentucky
- In Kentucky, 7.15% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kentucky
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.51% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.63% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kentucky face even higher rates at 10.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kentucky
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kentucky.
- 14.5% of those with diabetes and 9.39% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kentucky
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.77% of children in Kentucky having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.82% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kentucky
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.15% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kentucky.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.