Best Eye Doctors In Danville, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Danville Optometrists in Danville, Danville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Danville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Danville.
535 Wellington Way STE 160, Lexington, KY 40503
The majority of positive reviews for the eye care center commend the attentive and knowledgeable doctors, friendly staff, and excellent service. Patients specifically mention Dr. Ko and Dr. Stratton for thorough examinations, answering questions, and tailoring prescriptions. They also appreciate the accommodating staff from receptionists to specialists. Cleanliness and COVID-19 protocols provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center, including the doctors and receptionists, were friendly, polite, and provided excellent service.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Reviewers praised the doctors for their thoroughness during eye exams and their willingness to answer questions and explain the results in detail. They also appreciated the personalized approach in tailoring prescriptions to suit their specific needs.
- Accommodating and helpful: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff went out of their way to accommodate their needs, such as providing trial lenses, offering discounts, helping with frame selection, and honoring warranties for broken frames. They also appreciated the cleanliness and adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
Danville Eye Center
104 Smoky Way #100, Danville, KY 40422
Friendly staff provide efficient eye exams and helpful expertise selecting designer frames at this highly reviewed eye care center. A potentially life-saving diagnosis by Dr. Kim during a routine appointment exemplifies the professionalism that has patients thanking the practice.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, particularly Dr. Mike, who does a good job with eye exams.
- Fast and efficient service, with some customers reporting being in and out for an eye exam in as little as 15 minutes.
- Thorough and comprehensive exams, with tests that may not be typically done elsewhere, ensuring a complete assessment of eye health.
Eye Health of Stanford
713 E Main St, Stanford, KY 40484
The eye care center’s staff are known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and knowledge of eye care. They provide prompt service, though some patients have had issues with insurance and accessibility. Most reviews praise the staff’s professionalism, thorough exams, patience, frame selection, and pleasant office experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They take the time to address patients' needs and concerns.
- Prompt service: Many reviewers appreciate the prompt service provided by this eye care center. They mention minimal wait times and efficient appointments, ensuring a timely and convenient experience.
- Patient-centered care: The reviews highlight a focus on patient care and satisfaction. The staff is described as attentive, thorough, and willing to go above and beyond to meet patients' needs and provide personalized recommendations.
325 W Walnut St, Lebanon, KY 40033
Clarkson Eyecare in Lebanon receives glowing reviews for their friendly and helpful staff. Customers describe the front desk and optometrist as personable and knowledgeable. While some noted minor scheduling and pricing issues, most highly recommend the overall experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Clarkson Eyecare in Lebanon is super friendly, personable, and helpful throughout the entire eye care process.
- Thorough exam and assistance with glasses: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and mention that the staff goes above and beyond to help them find the best deals on glasses, choose frames, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Low wait times and efficient service: Several reviewers mention short wait times and efficient service at this eye care center, making the overall experience convenient and pleasant.
Bluegrass Family Vision
181 E Brannon Rd, Nicholasville, KY 40356
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback. Patients commend Dr. Mayes for her attentive and thorough eye exams. While some reviews cite delays in glasses and front office challenges, most describe a professional yet friendly staff administering comprehensive vision assessments.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Mayes provides thorough eye examinations and uses up-to-date equipment, ensuring accurate evaluations of eyesight.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The receptionists are efficient, friendly, and accommodating, providing a positive experience from appointment scheduling to picking out frames.
Danville Eye Center – Liberty
46 Farmers Deposit Drive, Liberty, KY 42539
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, patient staff, particularly with children. A few customers noted issues like poor service and lack of attention to details in adjusting glasses. In general though, people recommend the center for comprehensive eye exams and good bedside manner.
- Friendly and patient staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and patient nature of the staff, particularly in dealing with children.
- Thorough and informative exams: There are several reviews that appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the efforts taken to explain the process and results to the patients.
- Fast and efficient service: Several customers mention that the service at this eye care center is fast and efficient, making it a convenient option for those seeking eye care.
Fayette Eye Care & Dry Eye Spa
3301 Nicholasville Rd, Lexington, KY 40503
Dr. Turpin’s patients appreciated her thorough exams and clear explanations. Her staff received compliments for their friendliness. While there were some complaints about scheduling and costs, most patients highly recommended her professional, quality care.
- Dr. Turpin and the staff provide excellent and personalized care, taking the time to explain everything and address any questions or concerns.
- The eye exams conducted are thorough, and the doctor is knowledgeable and uses state-of-the-art equipment.
- The doctor is personable and makes patients feel comfortable, particularly for individuals with social anxiety.
Lancaster Eye Center
304 Stanford St, Lancaster, KY 40444
The Lancaster Eye Center and Dr. Wyler receive excellent reviews for eye care. Patients describe a beautiful office with a welcoming atmosphere and friendly, efficient staff. Dr. Wyler draws acclaim for attentive exams, expertise, and listening to patients. Overall, the center is lauded for outstanding service.
- Gorgeous office with a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Dr. Wyler and his staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and treat patients like family.
- The eye center provides comprehensive and thorough eye exams, with options for contact lens fittings.
103 Bryant Dr, Nicholasville, KY 40356
Dr. Oster’s attention to detail in prescriptions and friendly bedside manner are frequently mentioned in positive reviews of this eye care center. Patients also appreciate the helpful staff. Many reviewers plan to return due to the quality care received.
- Dr. Katie Oster is highly recommended and ensures 100% accurate prescriptions.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and takes the time to answer all questions and address concerns adequately.
- The optometrist and team provide kind and professional service, treating patients like family members.
Sight $avers Family Eye Care
2008 Merchant Dr, Richmond, KY 40475
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with customers noting friendly, helpful staff. A few negative reviews cite issues with a specific doctor and incorrect eyeglass frames causing frustration. However, many reviewers describe exceptional customer service, a nice selection of eyewear, and a professional yet welcoming environment.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, professional, and caring, providing exceptional customer service.
- Wide selection of eye wear: One review specifically mentions a huge variety of lenses to choose from, indicating a diverse selection of eye wear options.
- Thorough eye exams: Despite some negative comments about the doctor's demeanor, multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams provided at this location.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kentucky
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 8.63% of people aged 40-64 in Kentucky had blindness or difficulty seeing, while 10.5% of people aged 65+ had the same issue. in Kentucky, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kentucky
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kentucky.
- The In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was more than twice as high for those with diabetes (14.5%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Kentucky in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.39%) compared to the overall population (7.15%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.24%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kentucky
- In Kentucky, 7.15% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kentucky
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.51% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.63% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kentucky face even higher rates at 10.5%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kentucky
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kentucky.
- 14.5% of those with diabetes and 9.39% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kentucky
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.77% of children in Kentucky having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.82% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kentucky
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 7.15% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kentucky.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.