Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Wichita, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 37 LASIK Surgeons in Wichita, KS, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 17999 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Wichita.
Terria L. Winn, MD
1277 N Maize Rd, Wichita, KS 67212
Dr. Terria L. Winn's office is known for its thoroughness, clear communication, and friendly staff. Patients appreciate the efficiency of the surgery team and Dr. Winn's helpfulness in addressing concerns related to cataract surgery. Reviews consistently recommend Dr. Winn's practice for excellent care.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable with the staff.
- Dr. Winn is very thorough in her assessment and takes the time to explain everything to you in detail.
- The surgery was painless for my cataract procedure.
- The Greene Surgery Center staff were also great, providing helpful information and answering any questions I had.
Vision Surgery Consultants
1530 N Lindberg Cir, Wichita, KS 67206
Vision Surgery Consultants is a professional and caring practice with knowledgeable doctors who provide prompt scheduling and direction. The facilities are bright, clean, and comfortable, creating a welcoming environment for patients. Trust in the expertise of Vision Surgery Consultants for your LASIK needs.
- People feel very comfortable here. They are very knowledgeable and will answer any questions you may have.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The facilities are very clean and bright.
Jennifer Burgoyne, MD
9300 East 29th St N, Wichita, KS 67226
Dr. Jennifer Burgoyne, MD is highly regarded by patients and is known for her exceptional skills in performing a brow lift. She is also responsive in emergency situations, providing patients with peace of mind. The practice is dedicated to providing top-quality care and expertise in LASIK surgery.
- People feel very comfortable with her and she is very approachable.
- She is a competent doctor who knows what she's doing.
- She has a great bedside manner and always makes you feel at ease.
Landes Vision Care
1710 S Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67211
Landes Vision Care is a knowledgeable and convenient choice for eye care. Patients have had positive experiences with their treatments. The staff is helpful and the location is convenient.
- People feel confident after visiting Landes Vision Care.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- The office is clean and organized.
- They offer a variety of services, including glasses, contacts, and laser vision correction.
Ochsner Bruce B MD
1100 S Topeka St, Wichita, KS 67214
Dr. Ochsner is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who is easy to talk to. While some patients have noted that he can be abrupt at times, his expertise and personable demeanor make him a good choice for those seeking lasik surgery. The practice is well-regarded and provides quality care to its patients.
- People feel comfortable with the doctor and feel like they can trust him/her.
- The doctor is knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.
- The office staff is friendly and helpful.
- The doctor's office is clean and organized.
Grene Vision Group
1851 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS 67206
Grene Vision Group is a highly professional and helpful practice that excels at explaining procedures. Dr. Lori Barton is known for her thoroughness and excellent work. While the office can be busy, patients don't seem to mind and appreciate the quality of care they receive.
- People feel confident in the doctor's abilities.
- The office is helpful and efficient.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and provide quality care.
Alan J. McCormick, OD
5231 E Central Ave Suite D, Wichita, KS 67208
Dr. McCormick, OD is a knowledgeable and approachable lasik surgeon who takes his time during appointments. Patients appreciate his thoroughness and lack of rush. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a skilled and attentive lasik surgeon.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting Grene Vision.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to help patients.
- Dr. McCormick is an excellent doctor with a great personality who takes the time to explain everything to patients in a way that they can understand. He never rushes appointments, which is greatly appreciated.
- The quality of care provided by Grene Vision is top notch
- I have never had such a positive experience with any other medical provider. I highly recommend them!
Bui Eye Care with Dr. Thang Q. Bui, O.D.
416 N Rock Rd, Wichita, KS 67206
Bui Eye Care, led by Dr. Thang Q. Bui, O.D., is a practice that exudes passion and knowledge in the field of eye care. Patients are greeted with warmth and made to feel comfortable from the moment they step in. The thorough exams and perfect recommendations make this practice a top choice for those seeking exceptional eye care.
- People feel very comfortable and welcomed at the office
- Quick appointment process
- Doctor is very knowledgeable and provides great recommendations
- Staff is friendly and helpful
Michele M. Riggins, MD
1277 N Maize Rd Suite D, Wichita, KS 67212
Dr. Michele M. Riggins is a knowledgeable and professional lasik surgeon who takes pride in her work. Patients have praised her kindness and the care they have received from the Grene Vision Group. While some patients have been referred to other doctors within the practice, the overall experience has been positive.
- People feel very safe in her hands.
- She is very knowledgeable and takes her time to be thorough.
- She is a rare gem and people appreciate her care.
1851 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS 67206
Grene Laser is a welcoming and personable practice that provides exceptional care for their patients. The surgery is a breeze and the recovery is nothing short of miraculous. From start to finish, Grene Laser ensures their patients are well taken care of and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- People feel comfortable and informed before the surgery.
- The whole process for Lasik was completely smooth from the consultation all the way till post-surgery.
- I felt well informed going in and had an easy recovery thanks to their helpful team!
Team Vision Surgery Center
6100 E Central Ave Suite 6, Wichita, KS 67208
Team Vision Surgery Center is an efficient, patient-friendly, and communicative practice. The doctor and staff provide exceptional care to their patients. However, some improvements could be made in communication with family members in the waiting room.
- People feel very efficient and organized.
- The doctor is very patient and understanding.
- They take their time to make sure the patient is comfortable.
- Excellent communication with patients' families.
Cohlmia Eye Center
9449 E 21st St N #100, Wichita, KS 67206
Cohlmia Eye Center is a highly skilled and knowledgeable practice that provides exceptional care for patients seeking lasik surgery. The staff is friendly and helpful, and Dr. Cohlmia takes the time to explain everything thoroughly. Patients have reported life-changing experiences and highly recommend this practice for anyone seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Cohlmia and his staff. They feel like they can trust him and that he is knowledgeable about his field.
- He has a lot of experience, which allows him to provide excellent care for his patients.
- He is very patient with patients, taking the time to explain everything in detail. This makes it easy for patients to understand their diagnosis and treatment plan.
Dr. David A. Kingrey, MD
1100 S Topeka St, Wichita, KS 67214
Dr. Kingrey, MD is a skilled and caring Ophthalmologist who performs cataract surgery with great success. Patients trust his expertise and appreciate his ability to address any concerns they may have about their eyes. He comes highly recommended by many satisfied patients.
- People feel confident in Dr. Kingrey's ability to perform surgery
- He is highly qualified and experienced
- Patient feels comfortable discussing any concerns or questions they may have
Wichita Vision Institute
2552 N Maize Rd Suite 200, Wichita, KS 67205
Wichita Vision Institute is known for their thorough and personable eye doctors. Patients have never considered going elsewhere, despite longer wait times. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking exceptional care for their eyes.
- People feel at home at Wichita Vision Institute
- Dr. Patel is very personable and thorough
- Wait times may be a little long, but patients feel they get the best care
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article