Best Eye Doctors In Wichita, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Wichita Optometrists in Wichita, Wichita, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Wichita reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Wichita.
Wichita Optometry, P.A.
2635 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS 67213
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback. Reviewers commend the friendly, professional, and caring staff, noting their attentiveness to children. The modern, clean, well-kept facility also draws praise. A couple reviewers, however, cite rude, unprofessional staff. Most describe the eye exams as thorough and informative. Many reviewers happily recommend this eye care center.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and makes patients feel comfortable during eye exams, especially for kids.
- The facility is beautifully maintained, modern, well-lit, and very clean, providing a pleasant environment for eye care.
- The doctors are professional, thorough, and provide helpful guidance for LASIK and cataract surgeries.
Grene Vision Group
655 N Woodlawn St, Wichita, KS 67208
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for the professional and attentive care provided by knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff. Patients report successful treatment for eye diseases and surgical procedures. Doctors take time to explain conditions and answer questions thoroughly.
- Skilled and compassionate doctors: Multiple reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for their expertise and excellent care. They specifically mentioned Dr. DelaPresa, Dr. Taylor, Dr. Simmonds, Dr. Chocko, and Dr. Amstutz as being knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive to their patients' needs.
- Variety of eye care services: This eye care center offers a wide range of services, including eye exams, cataract surgery, glaucoma care, tear duct surgery, and more. Reviewers appreciated that they could receive comprehensive eye care in one place.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff members, including the front desk staff and the lady who helped one reviewer pick out glasses. They felt welcomed and supported throughout their visit.
West Wichita Family Optometrists
1202 W Maple St, Wichita, KS 67213
Patients appreciate the attentive, patient, and thorough doctors, as well as the friendly and helpful staff. Reviews mention caring, respectful treatment of elderly patients and wide glasses selection. Overall, these eye care centers provide excellent service and positive experiences.
- Highly skilled and attentive doctors and staff: Multiple reviews praise the doctors and staff at this eye care center for their patience, attentiveness, and personalized care. They take into consideration any medical issues and treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center. They provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and assist with any adjustments or recommendations.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center. They take the time to explain the results and provide recommendations for further eye care or treatments.
Alan J. McCormick, OD
5231 E Central Ave Suite D, Wichita, KS 67208
Dr. McCormick and the Grene Vision staff receive positive reviews for their professional, knowledgeable, and thorough eye exams. Patients feel comfortable and valued thanks to the staff’s excellent, attentive care.
- Excellent, knowledgeable, and professional eye doctor.
- Empathetic and caring staff who go beyond normal care, especially for patients with specific needs.
- Friendly and helpful atmosphere with prompt and efficient service.
Eye Care Associates of Wichita
321 S Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67211
Eye Care Associates draws praise for exceptional care, professionalism, and expertise. Dr. Thomas McCarthy’s vast knowledge and genuine concern for patients is noted, while his son Dr. Ryan’s involvement speaks to the practice’s commitment to care. Friendly, efficient staff further the welcoming atmosphere, though some cite insurance and scheduling difficulties. Overall, Eye Care Associates remains a trusted choice.
- Exceptional care: Eye Care Associates consistently provides exceptional care to their patients, with a dedicated and knowledgeable team. Dr. Thomas E. McCarthy and the optician, Eldon, receive special mention for their professionalism and expertise.
- Thorough eye exams: Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams conducted by the optometrists at Eye Care Associates, specifically mentioning Dr. McCarthy and Dr. Martin. They take the time to explain each step of the process and address any questions or concerns, resulting in a more informed and comprehensive eye exam.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at Eye Care Associates are described as friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. From the front desk to the examination staff, patients have felt welcomed and confident in receiving the best eye care possible.
Grene Vision Group
5231 E Central Ave Suite D, Wichita, KS 67208
Patients consistently describe Dr. McCormick and his team at the eye care center as patient, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They appreciate the efficient service and positive experiences during exams. Dr. McCormick earns acclaim for putting children at ease during their visits. Patients strongly recommend the center for its excellent, attentive care.
- Friendly and patient staff: The nurses and doctor were patient and kind, especially with children, making the eye exam experience enjoyable and fun.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctor: Dr. McCormick was praised for his expertise, compassion, and excellent bedside manner, making him a top choice for eye exams and care.
Bruce Boyle OD
2757 S Seneca St Ste B, Wichita, KS 67217
The eye care center receives high marks for its friendly, professional staff, experienced doctors, and welcoming atmosphere. Patients note the comprehensive eye exams and helpful frame selection. Many reviewers plan to return and recommend the center for quality eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly and professional, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Boyle is praised for his thoroughness in eye exams and his ability to explain things clearly to patients.
- Large selection of frames: The eye care center offers a wide variety of frames for patients to choose from, ensuring they can find the perfect fit for their style and prescription.
Marcus S. Randall, OD
1202 W Maple St, Wichita, KS 67213
Dr. Randall provides professional, thorough eye exams at Grene Vision in El Dorado. Patients compliment the doctor’s expertise and praise the friendly staff and prompt appointment scheduling. While one patient noted a minor phone issue, most reviews reflect an excellent patient experience.
- Dr. Randall is highly recommended for eye exams and care, with reviews praising his professionalism, knowledge, and thoroughness.
- The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, accommodating, and welcoming, creating a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Patients appreciate the fact that they are able to schedule appointments within a reasonable time frame and are seen promptly without having to wait.
Millennial Eye Care
501 E Pawnee St, Wichita, KS 67211
Dr. Hayley Williams provides exceptional eye care with her thorough exams and friendly, informative approach at Millennial Eye Care. Patients appreciate how she explains complex eye health concepts clearly. Knowledgeable, professional staff and a clean, welcoming office further the positive experience that leads patients to highly recommend Dr. Williams for all eye care needs.
- Dr. Hayley Williams is highly praised for being thorough and informative during eye exams, which makes patients feel comfortable and well-cared for.
- The staff at Millenial Eye Care is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, providing excellent customer service from the moment patients walk in. They also assist with insurance matters to ensure a smooth experience.
- Dr. Williams is attentive, takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. She is described as passionate, caring, and accommodating, making her a trusted and reliable optometrist.
Jury Eye Care
926 E Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS 67202
Jury Eye Care is lauded for thorough exams, an engaged staff, and top-notch customer service. Patients enjoy the stylish, cozy office and its downtown location. Dr. Jury’s expertise and warm manner put patients at ease and make them feel valued. This practice is recommended overall for professionalism, congenial personnel, and a commitment to superb vision care.
- Thorough and informative exams: The eye care professionals at Jury Eye Care are known for providing thorough and informative eye exams. They take the time to explain options and make sure their patients understand the information.
- Exceptional customer service: Multiple reviews highlight the exceptional customer service provided by the staff at Jury Eye Care. They are friendly, personable, and make patients feel comfortable and valued. They also go out of their way to ensure the best possible prices for glasses.
- Trendy and welcoming atmosphere: The reviews mention that the eye care center has a trendy and welcoming atmosphere. The interior design is unique and sets it apart from regular doctor's offices. The staff members create a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients.
Landes Vision Care
1710 S Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67211
The eye care center receives outstanding feedback for its knowledgeable, professional, and attentive doctors who provide thorough, comprehensive eye exams. Patients also consistently compliment the friendly, helpful staff for going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at this eye care center for their expertise in eye care and their friendly demeanor. This suggests that you can expect a welcoming and professional experience when visiting this location for an eye exam or eye care.
- Comprehensive and thorough exams: Numerous reviews highlighted the thoroughness of the eye exams provided at this center. Customers felt that their eyes were examined comprehensively and that their concerns were addressed with care and attention. This indicates that you can trust the quality and accuracy of the eye exams conducted at this facility.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Kansas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Kansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kansas.
- The In Kansas in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10 compared to the overall percentage of 3.82, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 2.5 times. and In Kansas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.48%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.82%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.66%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kansas
- In Kansas, 3.82% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.06% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kansas face even higher rates at 6.19%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kansas.
- 10% of those with diabetes and 6.48% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.41% of children in Kansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.73% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.82% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.