Best Eye Doctors In Topeka, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Topeka Optometrists in Topeka, Topeka, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Topeka reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Topeka.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
2800 SW Wanamaker Rd, Topeka, KS 66614
The eye care center receives positive feedback for thorough exams performed by knowledgeable, friendly doctors and staff. Patients appreciate the clinic’s professionalism and efficiency, with minimal wait times for appointments. Exceptional customer service from staff members like Autumn is also noted.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams provided by the doctors are thorough and informative, with the doctors taking the time to explain everything and answer questions. This suggests that the eye care center prioritizes comprehensive eye exams to ensure the best care for their patients.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and professional staff, emphasizing their helpfulness and pleasant demeanor. This creates a welcoming and positive atmosphere for patients, contributing to a good overall experience.
- Knowledgeable and helpful optician: One review specifically highlights the assistance provided by an optician in selecting glasses and contact lenses. This suggests that the eye care center has knowledgeable and helpful staff who can guide patients in making informed decisions about their eyewear options.
Doctors Deutscher Rottinghaus Oxandale Optometry
1140 SW Fairlawn Rd, Topeka, KS 66604
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews praising the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients particularly appreciate Dr. Deutscher’s friendly bedside manner, expertise, and clear communication. However, a couple negative reviews cite unexpected billing and an unsatisfactory, painful exam with Dr. Oxandale.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who explain the eye exam process and results clearly.
- Professional and thorough eye exams provided by competent doctors.
- Trustworthy and reliable in determining the right prescription for glasses and identifying any eye health changes or problems.
Atteberry Eye Centers
2144 SW 36th St, Topeka, KS 66611
The eye care center receives mainly positive reviews for its knowledgeable and thorough doctors, friendly staff, prompt appointments, and wide selection of glasses. Patients particularly commend Drs. Atteberry and Fitch. A few negative experiences involve prescription issues and perceived defensiveness from Dr. Pearl.
- Excellent and knowledgeable eye doctors: Multiple reviews mention that the eye doctors, including Dr. Pearl, Dr. Atteberry, and Dr. Polson, are very knowledgeable and take their time to perform thorough eye exams and explain the findings to patients.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at the eye care center. The staff members are described as welcoming, efficient, and attentive to patients' needs.
- Wide selection of eyeglasses: The eye care center receives positive comments for its nice selection of eyeglasses. Patients appreciate the variety available and the assistance provided in choosing the right frames.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
2030 SW Gage Blvd, Topeka, KS 66604
Patients appreciate the attentive doctors and friendly staff at The Eye Doctors Optometrist, citing thorough exams, convenient online scheduling, and quality care.
- The doctors at The Eye Doctors Optometrist on Gage St are thorough and provide good eye care.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and takes their time in assisting with finding the right glasses.
- Scheduling appointments online is simple and convenient. The attention and care received are superb.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
3627 SE 29th St, Topeka, KS 66605
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff and professional, thorough eye doctors. However, some comments mention long waits, discourteous receptionists, and surprise fees. Overall, they are well-regarded for good service and quality care.
- Friendly and helpful staff - Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and accommodating. They provide a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctor - Dr. McDaniel is highly praised for his professionalism and thoroughness in eye exams. Patients appreciate his expertise and ability to address their concerns.
- Comfortable and child-friendly environment - Parents appreciate that the staff and doctor at this eye care center create a comfortable and friendly environment for children. They are patient and understanding, making the experience enjoyable for both children and parents.
2211 SE 29th St, Topeka, KS 66605
Dr. Dotson of Dotson Eyecare comes highly recommended for his expert eye exams and caring approach, especially with children. Reviewers describe the staff as kind, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The center is known for thorough exams, a welcoming atmosphere, and a wide selection of glasses. Patients regard Dr. Dotson and his team as excellent providers of quality eye care.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable optometrist: Numerous reviews mention Dr. Dotson's expertise and thoroughness in conducting eye exams, making him an excellent choice for those seeking quality eye care.
- Caring and friendly staff: The staff at Dotson Eyecare is consistently praised for being kind, caring, and attentive to patients' needs and concerns. Reviews highlight their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Comprehensive and patient-centered approach: Dr. Dotson takes the time to explain the details of the examination process, address concerns, and answer questions. Patients appreciate his attentiveness and appreciate the fact that he looks at the whole person and takes into account their medical history.
Success Vision Express
2129 SW Wanamaker Rd, Topeka, KS 66614
The eye care center was generally well reviewed for comprehensive eye exams and good staff service. However, some customers complained of rude staff and inconsistent exam pricing. Many praised the quick, efficient service and ability to get glasses the same day. Customers also appreciated the frame selection and affordable prices.
- Thorough and Great Eye Exams: Dr. Hill provides thorough and great eye exams, ensuring that customers receive quality eye care.
- Quick and Efficient Service: Success Vision offers quick and efficient service, with glasses ready in less than an hour in some cases. Additionally, they were able to quickly assist a customer who needed new glasses due to an emergency situation.
- Affordable Prices: Success Vision offers affordable prices for eye exams and glasses, with competitive cash prices and the option to use insurance. Some customers also mentioned receiving their glasses at a great price and finding the frames they love.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
1835 NW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66608
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their helpful, understanding staff, especially Dr. McDaniel and Cynthia. A few reviewers did note issues with ordering contacts and limited frame selection. However, most recommend this center for the friendly, professional service.
- Quick and efficient service: The eye doctor at this location was extremely helpful and accommodating, providing immediate assistance and getting the patient in right away.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the courteous and caring nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Manes is praised for his professionalism and ability to explain the patient's eye status and medical care in a clear manner.
Lora L. Durst, O.D., LLC
3300 SW 29th St #400, Topeka, KS 66614
Patients praise Dr. Durst’s thorough eye exams and informative approach. Her pleasant, professional staff and onsite eyewear selection also earn accolades. One reviewer noted a delay receiving glasses but most strongly recommend her practice for its knowledgeable, friendly service.
- Dr. Durst and her staff are very informative, thorough, and provide individualized care.
- The office location is easy to find and the staff is polite and professional.
- The optometrist, Dr. Durst, is highly recommended for her knowledge and thoroughness in eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Kansas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Kansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kansas.
- The In Kansas in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10 compared to the overall percentage of 3.82, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 2.5 times. and In Kansas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.48%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.82%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.66%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kansas
- In Kansas, 3.82% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.06% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kansas face even higher rates at 6.19%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kansas.
- 10% of those with diabetes and 6.48% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.41% of children in Kansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.73% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.82% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.