Best Eye Doctors In Lawrence, KS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lawrence Optometrists in Lawrence, Lawrence, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lawrence reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lawrence.
Lawrence Family Vision Clinic
3111 W 6th St A, Lawrence, KS 66049
Most reviews highlight the friendly, efficient staff and thorough, professional eye exams. Patients also appreciate the doctors’ personable manner and willingness to answer questions. Overall, customers are satisfied with their experiences and would recommend this eye care center.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the receptionists, nurses, and doctors were all friendly, patient, and made them feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers praised the eye exams at this center, mentioning that they were thorough, efficient, and conducted by knowledgeable and experienced doctors. They appreciated the detailed explanations and assessments provided by the doctors.
- Possible additional pro:
- Accommodating and timely service: Some reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were accommodating when it came to scheduling last-minute appointments and there was no wait time once they arrived for their appointment.
Drs. Dobbins & Letourneau Eye Care
831 Vermont St, Lawrence, KS 66044
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for their competent, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough exams. Patients describe the modern facility as offering prompt, professional service and personalized recommendations. One disappointed customer mentioned an unperformed procedure wasting their free exam. Overall, patients highly recommend this quality, attentive provider.
- Competent and friendly support staff who make patients feel like old friends.
- Efficient and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough eye exams without overselling unnecessary prescriptions or tests.
- Modern and up-to-date equipment and facilities, with a wide selection of frames available.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
2600 Iowa St, Lawrence, KS 66046
The EyeDoctors in Lawrence receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough, informative exams. Patients commend the professionalism and approachability of Drs. Harvat and Hamilton in particular. A few negative reviews cite long waits for glasses and unsatisfactory service from front counter staff.
- Exceptionally friendly, kind, and pleasant staff
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with a great selection of eyewear
- Thorough and informative eye exams with detailed explanations of results
- Prompt, swift, and thorough service
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Note: There were also some negative reviews about the staff, so it's important to take that into consideration as well.
Limestone Eye Care
4320 W 6th St Suite 103, Lawrence, KS 66049
Patients appreciated the eye care center’s thorough and kind staff, who made them feel comfortable during exams and with glasses selection. They also valued the informative explanations from the eye doctors. The professional, friendly, and quick service makes this a highly recommended eye care center.
- Thorough exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough, with explanations and detailed information about the results.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being kind, pleasant, and helpful throughout the entire process, from scheduling appointments to assisting with frame selection.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviewers mentioned that the center has a wide selection of beautiful frames to choose from, making it easier to find the perfect pair of glasses.
Atteberry Eye Centers
5100 Bob Billings Pkwy #100, Lawrence, KS 66049
Customers consistently describe their experiences at this eye care center in glowing terms, highlighting the friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable clinic, and comprehensive eye exams. Dr. Atteberry earns recognition for his personalized care, attentive listening, and expert guidance. Patients feel confident entrusting their vision care to this highly regarded clinic.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye center are kind, friendly, and welcoming. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the knowledge of the doctors. They take the time to listen to concerns, explain everything clearly, and provide personalized care.
- Efficient and prompt service: Reviews mention that the clinic runs smoothly and efficiently, with minimal waiting time. The staff is prompt in attending to patients' needs and providing timely appointments.
Hutton Family Eye Care
2540 Iowa St Suite L, Lawrence, KS 66046
Hutton Eyecare provides competent, trustworthy service and detailed eye health information using state-of-the-art equipment. Their friendly, accommodating staff entertains kids while remaining thorough and attentive to all patients’ concerns. The office is clean, new, affordable and staff listen to patients’ needs. Dr. Hutton and staff are knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service.
- Highly competent and trustworthy service: Customers praise the detailed information provided about their eye health and the care needed to maintain it.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and approachable demeanor of both the doctor and the staff, making them feel comfortable during the eye exams.
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology: The eye care center is equipped with advanced technology, such as 3D imaging for detailed examination of the eyes, which is highly appreciated by customers.
2540 Iowa St Spc K, Lawrence, KS 66046
The eye care center provides a positive customer experience through knowledgeable and friendly staff, affordable prices, quick service, and helpful recommendations.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center is praised for their knowledge, kindness, and helpfulness. They take the time to explain everything and assist customers in finding the perfect frames.
- Quick turnaround time: Many reviewers mention that they were able to get their glasses made in a short amount of time, with some even receiving them on the same day. This indicates efficient service and quick turnaround times for eyewear.
- Wide selection and competitive pricing: Customers appreciate the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center, with options to suit various preferences and budgets. Additionally, reviewers mention that the prices are competitive, making it an affordable option for eye care and eyewear needs.
3201 Iowa St, Lawrence, KS 66046
This eye care center provides outstanding customer service and high quality eyewear. The professional, knowledgeable staff, including Lindsey, Carrie, and Hallie, offer helpful, attentive service. Dr. Ashley Francis earns acclaim for her kindness, patience, and willingness to answer questions. Customers highly recommend this location.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned the helpful and friendly staff who went above and beyond to ensure a positive experience. Staff members like Lindsey, Carrie, Hallie, and Kennedy were specifically praised for their knowledge, patience, and willingness to assist customers.
- Convenient location and scheduling: Customers appreciated that the eye care center is located within a Target store, making it convenient for them to access eye care services. They also mentioned that there were open times available that fit their schedules, making it easy to book appointments.
- Professional and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Ashley Francis was praised for her caring nature, willingness to listen to and answer questions, and her dedication to patient education and eye health. Reviewers appreciated that she took the time to find the best contact lenses for their needs and informed them about their eye health.
The EyeDoctors Optometrists
935 Iowa St # 3, Lawrence, KS 66044
The eye care center is well-reviewed for efficient, informative appointments, friendly staff, and easy check-in. However, some mention unexpected fees or issues with glasses. Still, most recommend the center for eye exams and glasses, complimenting the speedy appointments and good service from knowledgeable doctors.
- Efficient and informative appointment: The office staff explained procedures and costs, and the eye exam was informative with options explained by Dr. Moore.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff is described as friendly and helpful, providing a seamless check-in process and accommodating requests and questions.
Mission EyeCare of Lawrence
1019 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS 66044
Most reviewers praised the thorough exams and knowledgeable doctors. However, some complained of billing issues, surprise fees, and poor communication about practice changes. Those wanting to avoid such problems may wish to explore other optometry options.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers praised the doctors at Mission Eye Clinic for their thoroughness and knowledge during eye exams. Customers appreciated that their eye conditions were properly diagnosed, even when other clinics had missed them.
- Modern technology: The eye care center is equipped with advanced technology that allows for a comprehensive and accurate eye exam without dilation. Customers appreciated the convenience and efficiency of this technology.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple customers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at Mission Eye Care. From the front desk to the technicians, the staff made patients feel welcome and well taken care of throughout their visit.
Ammel Optometry (Formerly Flory Optometry)
3300 Bob Billings Pkwy #9, Lawrence, KS 66049
Customers consistently commend Dr. Flory and his attentive staff for the professional, thorough eye exams and individualized care at the eye care center. Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Overall, customers are very satisfied with the quality of care and selection of eyewear.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and detailed, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care.
- Knowledgeable and professional optometrists and staff: The optometrists and staff are praised for being knowledgeable, professional, and efficient, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- Exceptional prescription accuracy and improved vision: Multiple reviews mention receiving superior prescriptions compared to previous eye care providers, resulting in improved vision for patients.
Curtis R Anderson, O.D.
932 Massachusetts St #302, Lawrence, KS 66044
Dr. Anderson receives rave reviews for his attentive and thorough eye exams. Patients describe him as professional and ethical. His friendly, helpful staff provide efficient service. By all accounts, his is the top eye care practice locally.
- Highly skilled and professional eye care: Dr. Anderson provides excellent routine eye exams and is known for his perfectionism and attention to detail. He takes his time to ensure everything is checked thoroughly.
- Quality eyeglasses and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention that they had the best quality eyeglasses and had a pleasant experience selecting the right frames with the assistance of the staff. The office staff is friendly and provides excellent service.
- Trustworthy and attentive: Dr. Anderson is described as having personal integrity, being attentive, and caring about his patients' eyes. He takes the time to listen carefully and provides trustworthy guidance and follow-up care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Kansas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Kansas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Kansas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Kansas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Kansas.
- The In Kansas in 2018, people with diabetes had a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 10 compared to the overall percentage of 3.82, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than 2.5 times. and In Kansas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.48%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.82%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.66%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Kansas
- In Kansas, 3.82% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Kansas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.06% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Kansas face even higher rates at 6.19%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Kansas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Kansas.
- 10% of those with diabetes and 6.48% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Kansas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.41% of children in Kansas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.73% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Kansas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.82% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Kansas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.