Best LASIK Surgeon In West Des Moines, IA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 101 LASIK Surgeons in West Des Moines, IA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3763 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in West Des Moines.
6305 Mills Civic Pkwy Suite 3113, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Patients had overwhelmingly positive experiences at LASIKplus. They praised the friendly and helpful staff, with many mentioning specific individuals by name. They were impressed with the thoroughness and transparency of the doctors, and many expressed their gratitude for the life-changing results and the smooth and easy process. Several reviewers mentioned that they wished they had done it sooner and highly recommended LASIKplus to others.
- Amazing and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at LasikPlus. They are described as being compassionate, supportive, and willing to answer questions or concerns.
- Easy and smooth process: Many reviewers appreciate how smooth and easy the entire Lasik procedure was, from the initial consultation to the follow-up appointments. They mention that the process was quick, efficient, and well-explained.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their Lasik surgery, stating that they experienced improved vision and no longer need glasses or contacts. Some reviewers even mention achieving better than 20/20 vision.
Associated Ophthalmologists, PC
1212 Pleasant St UNIT 202, Des Moines, IA 50309
Patients have expressed great satisfaction with Dr. Husain and his practice. Several reviews highlight the successful outcomes of cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures, with patients experiencing improved vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses. The staff is praised for being professional, knowledgeable, and caring, ensuring a smooth and comfortable experience for patients. Dr. Husain's expertise, thoroughness, and commitment to patient satisfaction are widely acknowledged. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Husain and his team for eye care.
- Advanced Surface Ablation (ASA) procedure: Dr. Husain offers a newer and safer alternative to LASIK called ASA, which is flapless and does not involve cutting. This procedure has provided life-changing results for many patients, improving their vision and eliminating the need for glasses or contacts.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeon: Dr. Husain and his team at Associated Ophthalmologists have a wealth of experience and expertise in performing LASIK, cataract, and lens implant surgeries. Patients have praised Dr. Husain for his thoroughness, efficiency, and skill in delivering excellent results.
- Excellent patient care and customer service: Patients appreciate the attentive and caring approach of Dr. Husain's staff, including his technician Holly. They go above and beyond to answer questions, address concerns, and make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The office and surgical center are well-organized, ensuring a smooth and painless experience for patients.
Matthew Rauen, MD
6200 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Dr. Rauen and his staff at Wolfe Eye Clinic have received consistently positive feedback. Patients praise the helpfulness, knowledge, and professionalism of the staff, as well as Dr. Rauen's ability to explain procedures and address concerns. Many patients report successful outcomes and express gratitude for the improved vision they experienced after undergoing LASIK or other eye surgeries with Dr. Rauen. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its efficient and compassionate care.
- Dr. Rauen and his staff are highly helpful, knowledgeable, and take the time to explain everything and address concerns, making patients feel comfortable and confident in their decisions.
- The entire process, including the surgery, is amazing and results in clear vision. Patients experience minimal pain and discomfort.
- Dr. Rauen is regarded as an excellent eye doctor who does a fantastic job of explaining procedures and answering questions. He is personable and takes the time to ensure patients are ready and comfortable before the procedure.
Reid Turner, MD
6200 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
The lasik surgeon practice at Wolfe Eye Clinic has received numerous positive reviews. Patients have praised the friendly, professional, and thorough care they received from the doctor and staff. Many have experienced excellent results after the surgery, with improved eyesight and a positive overall experience. Dr. Turner is specifically mentioned as knowledgeable, skilled, and communicative throughout the procedure.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, including the doctors and nurses, were friendly and professional. They took the time to explain the lasik procedure and answer any questions the patients had, making them feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Skillful Surgeon: Many reviews specifically mention Dr. Turner as a skilled surgeon. Patients who underwent procedures such as cornea transplants or cataract surgery praised Dr. Turner for his expertise and the positive results they experienced. They felt confident in his abilities and appreciated his thoroughness in explaining the procedures.
- Efficient and Well-Organized: Several reviews highlight the efficiency and organization of the lasik surgeon practice. Patients mentioned that appointments were handled in a timely manner and that the entire process, from consultation to post-operative care, was smooth and well-coordinated. The staff was praised for being knowledgeable, quick, and professional.
- Overall, the pros of this lasik surgeon practice include friendly and professional staff, a skillful surgeon, and efficient and well-organized processes.
Dr. Ejaz Husain MD FACS
1212 Pleasant St Suite 202, Des Moines, IA 50309
Patients have praised Dr. Husain for his professionalism, knowledge, and caring attitude towards his patients. Many have experienced amazing results with their cataract surgery, achieving better vision than ever before. The staff at Dr. Husain's practice are described as friendly, efficient, and supportive throughout the entire process. Patients have also appreciated Dr. Husain's thorough explanations and follow-up care, as well as his willingness to explore different options based on their specific vision needs. Overall, patients highly recommend Dr. Husain and his team for LASIK and cataract surgeries.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon: Dr. Hussain has performed thousands of successful procedures and his skill is beyond measure. He is knowledgeable, thorough, and meticulous in his approach, which is exactly what you want in an eye surgeon.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers mention amazing, life-changing results after their procedures. They experienced improved vision, sometimes better than 20/20, and were able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Patients praise Dr. Hussain and his staff for their professionalism, attentiveness, and compassionate care. From the initial consultation to follow-up appointments, patients felt well taken care of and supported throughout the entire process. Dr. Hussain even personally checks in with patients in the evening to see how they are doing.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article