Best Eye Doctors In Sioux City, IA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Sioux City Optometrists in Sioux City, Sioux City, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Sioux City reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Sioux City.
5001 Sergeant Rd #45, Sioux City, IA 51106
“Most reviews for EyeMart Express are positive, highlighting attentive customer service and friendly, informative doctors who help patients feel at ease during exams. However, some express dissatisfaction with lens/frame quality or prescription accuracy. Overall, EyeMart is recommended for convenient, efficient service but warrants caution regarding provided products.”
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff, specifically mentioning Samantha as being particularly helpful in finding the right glasses and providing great customer service.
- Efficient and quick service: Reviewers commented on the fast turnaround time for eye exams and getting their glasses. Many reviewers mentioned having their glasses ready within an hour or a few hours, which is a convenient and time-saving benefit.
2927 Hamilton Blvd, Sioux City, IA 51104
Shopko Optical customers report satisfaction with the friendly and helpful staff. They value the comprehensive eye exams and the optometrists’ clear explanations. Shannon receives frequent positive mentions for guiding customers in their frame selections. In summary, reviews indicate strong recommendations for Shopko Optical’s eye care services and eyewear products.
- Easy appointment scheduling: Multiple reviewers mentioned that it was easy to make an appointment at this eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Numerous reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff, noting that they felt welcomed and well-served during their visits.
- Thorough and informative exams: Many reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams and the clear explanations provided by the doctors and staff.
Bruening Eye Specialists- Sunnybrook
5500 Sergeant Rd, Sioux City, IA 51106
Patients were satisfied with eye exams and care from doctors and staff at this eye center. Drs. Bruening and Pratt were praised as thorough and knowledgeable. Friendly, helpful receptionists were appreciated. A few patients did report rude staff and billing issues.
- Dr. Rudloff is great with kids and makes them feel comfortable during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly and helpful throughout the appointment process.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and provide thorough and efficient care.
- Patients are pleased with the results of cataract surgery and LASIK surgery.
- The practice has a high standard of care and professionalism.
- The staff at the newest location is accommodating and provides honest opinions about glasses.
Jones Eye Clinic
4405 Hamilton Blvd, Sioux City, IA 51104
Jones Eye Clinic is highly recommended by patients for the expertise of Dr. Yian Jones and the clinic’s friendly, dedicated staff. Patients report positive experiences, from consultations to surgeries to follow-up care. Many have seen improved vision after cataract and eyelid procedures. Jones Eye Clinic receives excellent reviews for professional eye exams, cataract evaluations, eyelid surgeries, and overall eye care.
- Exceptional cataract surgery experience with professional and reassuring Dr. Jones and dedicated staff.
- Thorough evaluation and personalized treatment plan for dry eyes, avoiding unnecessary cataract surgery.
- Efficient and helpful service throughout the entire eye care process, from consultation to post-surgery care.
Hedquist Eye Care
523 4th St, Sioux City, IA 51101
Hedquist Eye Care patients report excellent and professional eye exams. They describe thorough exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dr. Chris Hedquist receives consistent positive feedback for clearly explaining eye health and providing personalized recommendations.
- Dr. Hedquist provides thorough and professional eye exams.
- Zero pressure to buy glasses after the exam.
- Friendly staff and a great overall experience.
5775 Sunnybrook Dr, Sioux City, IA 51106
Customers recommend this eye care center for its knowledgeable, friendly staff, accommodating doctors, clean and organized office, and helpful assistance in selecting frames and sunglasses. The eye doctors take time to understand patient needs. The office offers a wide selection of glasses and sunglasses at reasonable prices.
- Outstanding customer service: The staff at this eye care center are praised for their exceptional customer service, going above and beyond to assist and make patients feel comfortable.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers mention the low prices offered at this location, making it a great option for those looking for budget-friendly eye care services.
- Knowledgeable and accommodating staff: The employees, including Dr. Vandentop, are described as highly knowledgeable, accommodating, and friendly. They take the time to explain procedures and help patients find the right glasses or frames.
Korver Eyecare Center
3535 Southern Hills Dr, Sioux City, IA 51106
Korver Eye Care receives outstanding reviews for their professional and knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Broderson. Patients describe the office staff as exceptional, exceeding expectations to help customers. Advanced technology and a wide selection of frames also earn praise. Reviews consistently highlight the friendly, helpful service at Korver Eye Care.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Reviewers consistently praised the staff at Korver Eye Care for being knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. They received excellent care and advice from the ophthalmologist and found the front office staff to be friendly and knowledgeable as well.
- High-tech equipment: The eye care center utilizes advanced technology, such as a laser photo machine instead of dilating the eyes, to provide a more comfortable experience for patients. Reviewers appreciated this technology and found it to be a positive aspect of their eye exams.
- Great frame selection: Korver Eye Care offers a wide range of eyewear options, including frames and sunglasses. Reviewers found the frame selection to be excellent, giving them plenty of choices for their prescription glasses.
5001 Sergeant Rd Suite 45, Sioux City, IA 51106
Dr. Mijangos draws praise for his expertise in accurately prescribing prism glasses. Patients appreciate his friendly manner. The office staff is affordable and helpful, though one patient had a negative experience with the front desk. Overall, reviews emphasize Dr. Mijangos’ quality care and good customer service.
- Dr. Mijangos is highly recommended for his expertise in adjusting prism prescriptions and his dedication to getting it right.
- The doctor shows a genuine passion for his job and has great people skills, creating a pleasant and informative experience for patients.
- The office provides excellent customer service, with friendly staff and a doctor who takes his time with patients and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
Yian Jones MD
4405 Hamilton Blvd, Sioux City, IA 51104
The eye care center is highly recommended for its knowledgeable and friendly doctors, thorough exams, modern and clean facilities, efficient staff, and exceptional eye care services.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye care center provides efficient and thorough eye exams. This indicates that they prioritize the health and well-being of their patients and ensure a comprehensive evaluation of their eye health.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for their knowledge and friendliness. Having a knowledgeable and friendly staff can create a comfortable and reassuring environment for patients, making the overall experience more pleasant.
Jeremy Brodersen, OD
3535 Southern Hills Dr, Sioux City, IA 51106
The eye care center has garnered positive reviews for their knowledgeable and friendly doctors, thorough and efficient eye exams, and helpful staff who assist patients in selecting eyewear. While a few critiqued wait times, most agreed the quality eye care outweighed any delays.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews highlight the eye care center's exceptional customer service, praising the staff's friendliness, attentiveness, and willingness to answer questions.
- Knowledgeable and experienced optometrists: Multiple reviewers mention the eye care center's skilled and knowledgeable optometrists. They appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the optometrists' ability to address their concerns and provide accurate prescriptions.
- Wide range of eyewear options: Several reviews mention the eye care center's extensive selection of eyewear, including designer frames and a variety of lens options. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to find stylish eyewear from a trusted eye care provider.
Sergio G. Mijangos, OD
5001 Sergeant Rd Suite 45, Sioux City, IA 51106
Customers valued the friendly and efficient service at this eye care center, noting the quick turnaround on prescriptions. The neighboring optical shop proved convenient for same-day glasses.
- Efficient and friendly service.
- Convenient location for getting glasses quickly after receiving prescription.
- Fast turnaround time for obtaining glasses.
Dr. Beth Bruening
5500 Sergeant Rd #200, Sioux City, IA 51106
The eye care center staff receives positive feedback for their expertise from a satisfied patient.
- Knowledgeable staff: Customers appreciate the expertise of the staff in this eye care center. They feel confident that the professionals here are well-informed and capable of addressing their eye care needs.
- Friendly atmosphere: The positive mention of "😊" suggests a pleasant and welcoming environment at this eye care center. Customers feel comfortable and at ease during their visits, making it a potentially enjoyable experience overall.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Iowa
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Iowa experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Iowa, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Iowa
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Iowa.
- The In Iowa in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 7.95, which is higher than the overall percentage of 3.03, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4.92 percentage points in that state. and In Iowa in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.04%) compared to the overall population (3.03%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Iowa
- In Iowa, 3.03% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Iowa
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.43% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.26% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Iowa face even higher rates at 5.34%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Iowa
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Iowa.
- 7.95% of those with diabetes and 5.04% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Iowa
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.08% of children in Iowa having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Iowa
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.03% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Iowa.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.