Best LASIK Surgeon In Valparaiso, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 98 LASIK Surgeons in Valparaiso, IN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2820 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Valparaiso.
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
The positive reviews about this lasik surgeon practice highlight the ease of the process and the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate the quick procedure and the immediate improvement in their vision. Many reviewers mention that the surgery was painless and that the post-operative care was manageable. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for lasik surgery and commend the staff for their professionalism and expertise.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers describe the actual procedure as quick, painless, and efficient, with immediate results in improved vision.
- Life-changing results: Numerous reviews express satisfaction with the results of the LASIK procedure, with improved vision and a sense of gratitude for the positive life changes it has brought.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK
145 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
The reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients rave about the quick and easy procedure, with many experiencing improved vision of 20/15 or better the day after surgery. The staff is consistently praised for their friendliness and professionalism, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Many reviewers mention that they wish they had done the procedure sooner and highly recommend this practice to anyone considering lasik.
- Quick and efficient surgery with a short healing process.
- Friendly and accommodating staff that makes patients feel comfortable.
- High level of professionalism and expertise, with advanced technology and well-trained staff.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the thoroughness and informative nature of the team, as well as the friendly and caring staff. Many reviewers mention the clear post-op instructions and the smooth and fast surgery process. The surgeon, Dr. Probst, is praised for his expertise and experience, with some reviewers noting 20/15 or 20/20 vision immediately following the procedure. Overall, patients have had great experiences, feeling comfortable, safe, and satisfied with their results.
- Thorough and Informative: The team at TLC Oak Brook provides thorough explanations and information about the LASIK procedure, leaving patients well-informed and without questions.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and caring staff at TLC, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Quick and Painless Procedure: Many patients describe the LASIK surgery as fast, smooth, and painless, with one even stating that the surgery took only 10 minutes.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16335 S Harlem Ave Suite 200 Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
Patients had overwhelmingly positive experiences at the lasik surgeon practice. They praised the friendly and welcoming staff, quick and organized process, and reassuring demeanor of the team. Many were impressed with the fast procedure and reported excellent vision the day after surgery. Overall, patients highly recommended this practice for lasik surgery.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice were super friendly and welcoming. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Quick and efficient process: Reviewers noted that the entire process from consultation to surgery was organized and efficient. They appreciated the speedy and streamlined experience.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviewers expressed satisfaction with the outcome of their lasik surgery. They reported improved vision, some even better than 20/20, and considered it a life-changing experience.
Kraff Eye Institute
25 E Washington St Ste 606, Chicago, IL 60602
Patients have praised Dr. Kraff and his team at the Kraff Eye Institute for their expertise, efficient and compassionate care, and excellent results from LASIK surgery. Many have reported clear vision, minimal side effects, and a seamless process. The staff is described as amazing, professional, and knowledgeable, making patients feel comfortable throughout their experience. The procedure itself is said to be smooth, with thorough testing and attentive post-op visits. Overall, patients highly recommend the Kraff Eye Institute for LASIK surgery.
- Expertise: Dr. Kraff is highly skilled and trusted by patients. He has successfully fixed eyes to achieve 100% vision.
- Efficient and compassionate team: The staff at Kraff Eye Institute is efficient in their work while maintaining a warm and compassionate approach towards patients. They ensure patients understand instructions and provide support throughout the recovery period.
- Life-changing results: Patients who have undergone LASIK surgery at Kraff Eye Institute have experienced crystal clear vision with minimal side effects. The procedure has been described as life-changing, and many patients wish they had done it sooner.
Deen-Gross Eye Centers
303 W 89th Ave # E4, Merrillville, IN 46410
Dr. Gross and his team at Deen-Gross Eye Center receive praise for their excellent care and professionalism. Patients appreciate Dr. Gross's thorough explanations and attention to detail during procedures. The staff is often commended for their kindness, patience, and helpfulness in guiding patients through the process. Additionally, the office's customer service, particularly from Sandra, is noted as outstanding. However, some negative reviews mention long wait times and overcrowding in the waiting room.
- Highly skilled and caring doctors: Multiple reviews highlight Dr. David Gross and Dr. Jeffrey Nelson as excellent and caring ophthalmologists who provide top-notch care to their patients. They are praised for their expertise and thoroughness in explaining procedures and addressing concerns.
- Friendly and professional staff: The office staff, including the receptionists and nurses, are consistently noted for their friendliness, patience, and professionalism. Patients mention feeling well taken care of and appreciated during their visits.
- Successful surgeries and life-changing results: Many patients express their gratitude for successful cataract and LASIK surgeries performed by Dr. Gross and his team. They report clear improvements in vision, with some even describing the procedures as life-changing. The frequent communication and thorough explanations during surgeries are also appreciated.
Vision One Lasik Center
22 W Washington St #1500, Chicago, IL 60603
The positive reviews highlight the professionalism, quickness, and friendliness of the lasik surgeon practice. Patients express happiness with their decision to choose this practice, as their expectations were exceeded and they achieved 20/20 vision. The cost of the procedure is also mentioned as being affordable and not price gouging customers.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at the lasik surgeon practice, making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Exceeded expectations: Several reviews state that the lasik procedure exceeded their expectations. Patients who had been wearing glasses for many years no longer need them and have experienced improved vision.
- Affordable pricing: Reviewers praise the practice for offering cost-efficient lasik procedures. The practice does not price gouge customers, making it an affordable option for those seeking lasik surgery.
Northwestern Medicine LASIK Physicians
259 E Erie St #1510, Chicago, IL 60611
Patients praised the staff and customer service provided by the lasik surgeon practice, stating that they felt comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire process. Many reviewers specifically mentioned the expertise and knowledge of the surgeons, highlighting their ability to explain the procedure and answer questions. The positive reviews also emphasized the successful outcomes of the surgeries, with multiple patients achieving better than 20/20 vision and experiencing no issues after the procedure.
- Phenomenal customer service: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is knowledgeable, thorough, and incredibly caring. They provide excellent customer service and ensure that patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- High success rate: Many reviewers have reported having better than 20/20 vision and no issues after their procedures. The surgeons at this practice have expertise in LASIK and PRK and deliver excellent results.
- Clear communication and explanation: Reviewers appreciate that the surgeons take the time to explain every step of the procedure and answer any questions. This clear and detailed communication helps patients feel at ease and know what to expect during and after the surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article