Best LASIK Surgeon In Muncie, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 104 LASIK Surgeons in Muncie, IN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2352 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Muncie.
8930 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Reviewers had an overwhelmingly positive experience at the lasik surgeon practice. The staff was consistently praised for being professional, kind, and helpful. Patients felt well-informed and supported throughout the entire process, and many were thrilled with their improved vision post-surgery. Overall, the practice was highly recommended for its excellent customer service and life-changing results.
- Professional and kind office staff: The office staff at this lasik surgeon practice is highly efficient, professional, and kind, making the entire experience top notch.
- Thorough and patient doctor: The doctor takes the time to thoroughly explain the entire process and ensures that patients fully understand. They are patient with any questions or concerns and provide a reassuring experience.
- Excellent results and life-changing experience: Many reviewers mention that they are extremely happy with the results of their surgery, with improved vision surpassing expectations. The positive outcomes of the procedure have been described as life-changing.
The LASIK Vision Institute
11595 N Meridian St Suite 175, Carmel, IN 46032
The positive reviews for the LASIK surgeon practice highlight the quick and effective procedures, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and excellent results. Many reviewers mention being able to see 20/20 or even better after the surgery, with some experiencing life-changing improvements in their vision. The staff is praised for their professionalism, reassurance, and willingness to answer questions, making the overall experience comfortable and stress-free.
- Quick and efficient procedure: Many reviewers mentioned that the LASIK procedure was swift and easy, with some stating that it took less than 10 minutes. This indicates that the surgeon and staff are skilled and efficient, minimizing the time and discomfort for patients.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to address any questions or concerns. This indicates that the practice has a team of attentive and knowledgeable individuals who prioritize patient care and satisfaction.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviewers expressed satisfaction with their post-surgery vision, reporting improved visual acuity, including 20/20 or better. Some reviewers mentioned achieving 20/15 or even 20/10 vision. This indicates that the surgeon's expertise and the quality of the surgical procedure yielded successful outcomes for patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
5875 Castle Crk Pkwy Dr N Suite 136, Indianapolis, IN 46250
The lasik surgeon practice received rave reviews for its top-notch service, friendliness, and life-changing bladeless LASIK procedure. Patients mentioned the quick and painless surgery, as well as the informative and helpful staff who provided simple instructions during and after the surgery. Many reviewers highly recommended the practice and expressed their gratitude for the improved vision and overall experience.
- Top-notch service: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice is consistently praised for their friendliness, attentiveness, and caring approach towards patients. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless surgery: Many reviewers mention that the lasik procedure was amazingly quick, with the surgery itself taking only a few minutes. Additionally, the procedure is described as painless, with some reviewers rating the pain level as low as 1 out of 10.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of the surgery, reporting improved vision and achieving 20/20 or even better vision in a short period of time. These positive outcomes contribute to a life-changing experience for many patients.
Elite LASIK & Cataract
8500 Keystone Crossing Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Patients consistently praised the staff and doctors at Elite LASIK for their exceptional care and friendly demeanor. Many expressed gratitude for the life-changing results they experienced after the procedure, with some achieving 20/15 or 20/20 vision. The thoroughness of the doctors and the professionalism of the entire staff were frequently highlighted, and numerous reviewers highly recommended Elite LASIK for anyone considering vision correction surgery.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at Elite LASIK were friendly, accommodating, and made them feel comfortable throughout the process. They were praised for their customer service and attentiveness to patients' needs.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery or other corrective procedures. Several mentioned achieving 20/20 or even better vision, while others highlighted the life-changing improvement in their eyesight. The surgeons were also commended for their expertise and skill in performing the procedures.
- Thorough and informative: The doctors and staff at Elite LASIK were praised for their thorough explanations of the procedures, as well as their willingness to answer questions and address concerns. Patients felt well-informed and confident in the process, which helped alleviate any anxieties they had about the surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article