Best LASIK Surgeon In Michigan City, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 105 LASIK Surgeons in Michigan City, IN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 9158 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Michigan City.
3021 Butterfield Rd STE 200, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Patients have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with this lasik surgeon practice. They praise the doctors, particularly Dr. Horn, for their skill and ability to make them feel comfortable throughout the process. Many patients mention how quick and painless the procedure was, and express their gratitude for the friendly and helpful staff. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Friendly and comforting staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at the practice, including Dr. Horn, were friendly, kind, and made them feel at ease throughout the process.
- Quick and efficient procedure: Several reviewers noted that the entire LASIK procedure was quick, painless, and seamless. They were able to see better almost immediately and experienced steady improvement in their vision.
- Great results and high satisfaction: Multiple reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the results of their LASIK surgery, with many achieving 20/20 vision or better. They praised the doctors for their skill and professionalism, and felt that their decision to undergo LASIK was life-changing.
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
The LasikPlus practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the staff and doctors for their professionalism, knowledge, and kindness. Many reviewers mention that the procedure was quick and painless, with immediate results. The facility is described as clean and the process well-explained. Overall, patients express gratitude for the life-changing results and highly recommend the practice to others.
- Immediate and improved vision: Several reviewers mentioned that their vision improved immediately after the surgery, with some even achieving 20/15 vision the next day. This indicates the surgeon's expertise in delivering quick and effective results.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Numerous reviewers praised the friendly and attentive staff, who made them feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The staff walked them through the procedure, answered all their questions, and provided detailed instructions for post-surgery care.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers appreciated how fast and painless the procedure was. They highlighted the efficiency and professionalism of the surgeon and the team, making the entire experience stress-free and enjoyable.
- Life-changing results: Some reviewers described their experience as life-changing, no longer needing glasses or contacts and waking up with perfect vision. They expressed gratitude for the positive impact the surgery had on their daily lives.
- Professional and knowledgeable: Several reviewers commended the surgeon and staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and thoroughness. They felt confident in the expertise and care provided by the surgeon, contributing to a successful and satisfying outcome.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 W 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Lasik Vision Institute received positive reviews for their friendly and helpful staff who were knowledgeable and accommodating throughout the process. Patients praised the surgeons for their professionalism and ability to put them at ease during the surgery. Many reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the immediate improvement in their vision, with some achieving 20/20 vision the next day. Overall, the Lasik Vision Institute was recommended for its fast and efficient service and for providing life-changing results.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff's friendliness and willingness to answer questions, making patients feel comfortable and supported throughout the process.
- Experienced and skilled surgeons: The surgeons, such as Dr. Horn and Dr. McGlothan, are praised for their expertise and ability to explain each step of the procedure, instilling confidence and reducing stress for patients.
- Fast and smooth process: Many reviewers note that the entire process, from initial consultation to surgery and follow-up, was efficient and well-organized, with quick results. The procedure itself is described as fast and relatively painless, with minimal discomfort afterward.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK
145 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients reported excellent experiences and quick healing processes. They praised the friendly and accommodating staff, as well as the advanced technology and professional care provided by the surgeons. Many mentioned achieving 20/20 or even better vision, and highly recommended the practice to others. The overall consensus was that the procedure was quick, easy, and life-changing.
- Quick and efficient surgery: Multiple reviewers mention that the LASIK procedure at this practice was fast and easy, with some even stating that it took less than 15 minutes. This indicates that the process is streamlined and efficient.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Reviewers consistently praise the staff at this practice for their friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to answer questions. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent results and improved vision: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the outcome of their LASIK surgery, mentioning improved vision and even achieving better than 20/20 visual acuity. This suggests a high success rate and skillful surgeons at this practice.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice indicate that the staff at TLC Oak Brook is thorough, informative, caring, and friendly. Patients appreciate the clarity and ease of the post-operative instructions, as well as the quick and smooth surgery process. Many reviewers mention their satisfaction with the exceptional vision results and the professionalism of Dr. Probst and his team. Overall, patients highly recommend TLC for their lasik procedures.
- Thorough and Informative: The team at TLC Oak Brook provides detailed information and answers all questions, making patients feel informed and comfortable throughout the process.
- Friendly and Caring Staff: Many reviewers appreciated the friendly and caring nature of the staff, who made them feel at ease and supported throughout the entire experience.
- Expert Surgeon: Dr. Probst is highly experienced and knowledgeable, with a track record of successfully performing a large number of procedures. Reviewers trust him and appreciate his skillful approach to surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article