Best LASIK Surgeon In Carmel, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Carmel, IN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 10381 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Carmel.
8930 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Customers have had overwhelmingly positive experiences at LasikPlus in Indianapolis, with many praising the quick and painless surgery and excellent staff. The surgeon, Dr. Kenneth Smith, is highly recommended and described as calm and patient. The personal touch and attentiveness of the staff at LasikPlus, including remembering preferred names, is also highly appreciated.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeons and staff who patiently and thoroughly explain every step of the process, making it easy and painless.
- All around excellent customer service, from friendly and welcoming staff to personalized treatment and follow-up care that leaves patients feeling comfortable and satisfied with their results.
- Life-changing results that allow patients to see clearly without glasses or contacts, often with better than 20/20 vision.
Price Vision Group
9002 N Meridian St #100, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Patients have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Price Vision Group, noting the professionalism and friendliness of the staff and the expertise of the surgeons. Patients have had successful Lasik and cataract surgeries, with many praising Dr. Price and Dr. Kelley. Many patients have also noted the thoroughness of exams and procedures, as well as the caring and informative attitudes of the doctors. Overall, patients recommend Price Vision Group highly and appreciate the high quality of care provided.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors who are experienced in state-of-the-art procedures, including Lasik and cataract surgeries.
- Friendly staff who are caring and passionate about their patients. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their appointments and procedures.
- Thorough, informative, and detailed-oriented care in all aspects, including diagnosing and treating eye conditions such as dry eyes, ocular rosacea, and glaucoma.
The LASIK Vision Institute
11595 N Meridian St Suite 175, Carmel, IN 46032
The Lasik Vision Institute has a friendly and professional staff that provides exceptional care and service. Patients who have had surgery typically have a fast and easy experience, often achieving 20/20 vision or better, with little to no discomfort. The procedure is quick, and the staff is helpful in answering questions and providing follow-up care. Overall, patients highly recommend the Lasik Vision Institute to anyone considering Lasik surgery.
- Accommodating and fast service with virtual consultations available and same-day surgery options.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and reassured during the procedure.
- Life-changing results with improved vision, including 20/10 or 20/15 vision achieved by many patients.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
5875 Castle Crk Pkwy Dr N Suite 136, Indianapolis, IN 46250
The TLC laser eye center receives glowing reviews, with many patients praising the friendly, informative, and supportive staff. The process was often described as quick and painless with great results. Patients also appreciated the affordable pricing options and financing available. Overall, patients often highly recommend Dr. Frascella and his team for anyone thinking about getting lasik done.
- Efficient and thorough process from consultation to procedure, with same-day scheduling.
- Friendly and attentive staff who make patients feel comfortable and assured throughout the entire journey, including aftercare.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional doctors who take the time to answer all questions and concerns, resulting in life-changing vision improvement for a variety of prescription strengths.
10485 N Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis, IN 46280
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have had a quick, easy, and painless experience with friendly and caring staff. Patients have highly recommended Dr. Greenberg and his team for their professional and thorough approach and have been extremely satisfied with their improved eyesight following the procedure. The staff has been praised for their patience and knowledge, explaining every step of the process to patients. Overall, patients highly recommend Greenberg Lasik and many wish they had done the procedure sooner.
- Quick and easy procedure with painless, fast recovery
- Kind and caring staff who are friendly, informative, and attentive to patients
- Dr. Greenberg is a highly recommended and skilled surgeon who thoroughly explains the process and answers questions with confidence and honesty. Patients have reported great results and satisfaction with their vision after the procedure.
Elite LASIK & Cataract
8500 Keystone Crossing Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Patients rave about the friendly and professional staff at Elite Lasik, with many commenting on how comfortable and at ease they felt during the procedure. The results were also consistently positive, with patients reporting 20/15 or better vision post-procedure. Patients also appreciated the thorough explanation of the procedure and the support provided pre- and post-surgery. Several patients regretted not getting the procedure done sooner and highly recommended Elite Lasik to anyone considering it.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and caring, providing a great experience.
- The procedure (LASIK, PRK, Smile, and Refractive Lens Exchange) is fast, easy, painless and has life-changing results.
- The doctors are knowledgeable, thorough, and dedicated to their craft, making sure to explain everything in detail and answering all questions, ensuring the ultimate satisfaction and comfort of patients.
Center For Sight
3985 W 106th St #120, Carmel, IN 46032
The reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive, with patients lauding the professionalism, personal attention, and care provided by Dr. Behforouz and his staff. Patients report clear communication and thorough explanations of options, as well as successful outcomes from cataract surgery, lens replacement, and LASIK procedures. Some patients mention long wait times in the waiting room, but overall recommend the practice for any eye-related issues.
- Highly knowledgeable and attentive staff, including Dr. Behforouz, who prioritize patient education and offer clear, detailed options for procedures like cataract surgery, LASIK, and lens correction.
- Comprehensive eye care services available, from regular eye exams to diagnoses and treatment of specialized conditions like ocular rosacea and cataracts. Patients report feeling safe, cared for, and confident in their vision after visiting the Center for Sight.
- Life-changing outcomes seen by patients who have had procedures like LASIK, cataract surgery, and lens correction, with results like 20/20 or 20/15 vision achieved in a timely, comfortable, and informative manner.
1950 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Patients consistently praise the professionalism and kindness of the staff and doctors at PEOPLE-lasik. Many report successful surgeries and fantastic vision results after having SMILE or Lasik procedures, with fast recovery times and minimal discomfort. The easy scheduling process and stress-free experience are what keep patients coming back and recommending this practice to friends and family.
- Professional and friendly staff, providing a stress-free and comfortable experience.
- State-of-the-art Lasik technology, resulting in a faster recovery time and better vision for patients.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients, praising the expertise and personal care provided by the doctors and staff.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article