Best Eye Doctors In Valparaiso, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Valparaiso Optometrists in Valparaiso, Valparaiso, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Valparaiso reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Valparaiso.
Crown Point Eye Care
10823 Broadway, Crown Point, IN 46307
The eye care center receives high remarks for its professional, efficient staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors who are especially patient with children. Patients appreciate the office’s cleanliness, prompt service, and accommodations for specific needs. However, one customer cited a billing issue and advised caution when ordering glasses. Overall, patients strongly recommend this center for its excellent service and quality exams.
- Professional and Caring Staff: The eye care center is praised for having a professional, efficient, and caring staff who provide the best eye exams and take the time to explain everything thoroughly. They are patient and accommodating, especially to parents with young children.
- Thorough and Knowledgeable Doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are highly praised for their thoroughness and expertise. They go above and beyond in diagnosing and treating eye issues, even discovering problems that were previously missed by other optometrists. They take the time to answer questions and address concerns, ensuring a positive experience for their patients.
- Excellent Customer Service: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly, helpful, and kind. They provide outstanding customer service, making patients feel comfortable and valued. They are accommodating with scheduling appointments and take prompt and courteous service seriously, ensuring a positive experience from start to finish.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1601 E 80th Ave, Merrillville, IN 46410
Overall, most reviews of this eye care center are favorable, describing friendly and helpful staff, especially Shnail, Lissette and Aaliyah. Exams are thorough and efficient. Many are pleased with glasses and contacts. A few complaints mentioned unprofessional staff and appointment scheduling difficulties.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being nice, professional, and providing excellent service. Shout outs were given to specific staff members, such as Shnail and Lissete, for their exceptional assistance.
- Efficient eye exams and glasses selection: Several reviewers mentioned the eye exams being thorough yet fast. Staff members like Lisette and Aliyah were praised for their efficiency in helping customers choose glasses that suit their needs.
- Affordable prices and eye care club benefits: One reviewer mentioned the unbeatable price and the Eye Care Club, which offers free eye exams for three years. This could be a great advantage for those looking for affordable eye care services.
21 North Eyecare
21 Washington St, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Reviewers noted the knowledgeable and thorough eye exams by doctors and the friendly, helpful staff at 21 North Eyecare. While a few mentioned minor parking and wait time issues, most praised the clinic’s insurance expertise and appointment flexibility. Overall, the majority strongly recommended 21 North Eyecare for comprehensive eye care.
- Cutting-edge technology: The eye care center utilizes cutting-edge technologies, ensuring a comprehensive and thorough eye exam experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Patients praise the doctors at the eye care center for being knowledgeable, friendly, and taking the time to explain test results and answer questions.
- Efficient and organized: The eye care center is praised for its efficiency and organization, with minimal wait times and a streamlined scheduling process.
Dr. Matthew W. Baker
2450 Laporte Ave, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Patients report an excellent experience at the eye care center, highlighting Dr. Baker for his expertise during comprehensive exams. They describe the staff as accommodating, friendly professionals who create a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
- Accommodating and patient staff
- Thorough eye exams with clear explanations
- Friendly and helpful doctor and staff.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2410 Laporte Ave Suite 130, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Customers received quality care and helpful service at America’s Best. Staff assisted customers professionally during exams and helped them find affordable options for glasses and contacts.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members being friendly, patient, and helpful throughout the eye exam and glasses selection process. They are praised for taking their time and providing a pleasant experience.
- Good deals and insurance coverage: Reviewers mention that the staff at this eye care center helped them maximize their insurance benefits, resulting in low out-of-pocket costs for glasses and contact lenses. They also mention reasonable pricing and specials on eyeglasses.
Elite Vision Consultants
123 N Main St #102, Crown Point, IN 46307
Elite Vision receives glowing reviews. Patients report attentive doctors who conduct comprehensive eye exams and clearly explain results. The office’s modern, welcoming atmosphere also draws praise. Reviewers enthusiastically recommend Elite Vision for eye care needs.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Elite Vision being nice, friendly, and accommodating. They provide a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Several reviewers note that their experience at Elite Vision included thorough and detailed eye exams. The doctors take their time to ensure that patients' vision needs are fully addressed and explained.
- Modern and professional facility: Many reviewers appreciate the stylish and modern office space at Elite Vision. The facility is described as clean and comfortable, which adds to the overall positive experience of the visit.
Retina Vitreous Associates
4400 Calumet Ave Suite 100, Valparaiso, IN 46383
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback, with patients highlighting the friendly staff and efficient operations. Drs. Chasan and Vyas are repeatedly commended as attentive, skilled physicians. One review cited long wait times at the Valparaiso location. In general, patients recommend the eye care center for its quality service.
- Efficiently run office with friendly staff
- Doctors have great bedside manner and take time to answer questions/concerns
- Staff is efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable
- Clean facility with smooth and painless procedures
- Doctors have extensive training and experience in retina care
- Dr. Vyas explains procedures in detail and is caring and knowledgeable.
Duneland Family Eyecare
101 Beverly Dr c, Chesterton, IN 46304
Duneland Family Eyecare is lauded for their welcoming staff, clean facility, and state-of-the-art equipment. Patients feel they receive personalized care and full attention despite a bustling office. Their expansive eyewear selection and fair pricing also draw acclaim. One customer did report an unresolved glasses issue from the previous year, but most reviewers highlight Duneland’s professional and family-friendly environment.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The reviews consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at Duneland Family Eyecare. They make patients feel comfortable and welcomed throughout the entire visit.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Duneland Family Eyecare. The doctors take the time to explain procedures and recommendations, ensuring that patients understand their eye health and any necessary treatments.
- Family-friendly atmosphere: The eye care center is described as family-friendly, with features like a play area for children and staff who are great with kids. This makes it a convenient and comfortable option for families seeking eye care for both adults and children.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Indiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.42% of people aged 40-64 and 8.25% of people aged 65+ in Indiana were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Indiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Indiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Indiana.
- The In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher among those with diabetes (12.3%) compared to the overall population (5.27%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 7 percentage points. and In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Indiana
- In Indiana, 5.27% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Indiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.37% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.42% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Indiana face even higher rates at 8.25%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Indiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Indiana.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 6.59% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Indiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.44% of children in Indiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.85% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Indiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.27% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Indiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.