Best Eye Doctors In Speedway, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Speedway Optometrists in Speedway, Speedway, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Speedway reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Speedway.
1115 Ronald Reagan Pkwy Suite 223, Avon, IN 46123
Whitson Vision patients report excellent eye exams by Drs. Grove and Colon who take time for thorough tests. Dr. Colon draws praise for his comforting approach to cataract surgeries. Knowledgeable staff provide a professional and friendly experience.
- The eye care center is known for being thorough and professional in conducting eye exams and tests.
- Dr. Colon and his staff are highly recommended for cataract surgery and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- The staff at the center are friendly and the eye exams are reported to be thorough, with knowledgeable doctors providing detailed explanations.
Dr. Tavel Family Eye Care
7321 W 10th St, Indianapolis, IN 46214
Customers appreciate the courteous staff and thorough eye exams. Many received helpful assistance choosing frames and insurance guidance. However, one negative review highlights a disagreement with an optometrist over prescription preferences.
- Courteous and friendly staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, welcoming, and provided great customer service.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers appreciated the efficient and thorough eye exams they received at this location. They felt that the process was quick yet comprehensive, meeting their expectations.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were knowledgeable about their products and services, and were able to offer helpful advice and assistance in choosing glasses and understanding insurance coverage.
Alicia R. Grove, OD
1115 Ronald Reagan Pkwy Suite 223, Avon, IN 46123
Dr. Grove of Whitson Vision is known for her thorough exams, expansive knowledge, and helpful demeanor. Patients remark on her attention to detail and ability to address their questions. Some have faced lengthy wait times and billing/insurance challenges.
- Dr. Grove provides thorough and unhurried eye exams, answering all questions and addressing concerns.
- The staff is helpful in accommodating last-minute appointments for urgent eye care needs, such as eye infections.
Dr. H. Hubbard & Associates
4020 Lafayette Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46254
Patients were impressed by the eye care center’s friendly and knowledgeable doctors, especially Drs. Hudak and Conway. The professional and helpful staff also earned acclaim. Thorough exams and convenient service added to the clinic’s strengths. Patients strongly recommended this positive, satisfying eye care experience.
- Friendly and informative eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at this location were quick, easy, and pleasant. The optometrists, such as Dr. Hudak and Dr. Conway, were described as friendly, informative, and thorough in explaining the different parts of the exam.
- Excellent customer service: The customer service at this eye care center was highly praised by reviewers. Many mentioned the exceptional service they received, with each step of the exam process being thoroughly explained. The staff was described as professional, friendly, helpful, and polite.
- Thorough and comprehensive exams: Reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at this location. The eye doctors took the time to explain the condition of the eyes and were knowledgeable about various eye diseases and conditions. The exams were described as complete, professional, and utilizing the latest equipment and technology.
4020 Lafayette Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46254
The well-reviewed Lafayette Road eye care office provides quality exams and glasses. Patients appreciate the staff’s friendliness and expertise supporting efficient, comprehensive eye care. However, some experienced poor customer service or felt ignored, indicating room for improvement.
- Quick and efficient eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors
Abrams EyeCare Associates
3850 Shore Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46254
The first review describes unknowledgeable and unhelpful front staff. The second praises friendly, efficient service with minimal wait times. The third commends the supportive, attentive staff, noting Dr. Tobe, Janine the optician, and their efforts to address concerns and properly fit glasses.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Knowledgeable and attentive eye doctors
- Willingness to address concerns and provide detailed explanations
5525 Georgetown Rd Suite J, Indianapolis, IN 46254
Customers describe the eye care center as clean, inviting, and accommodating, with prompt appointment scheduling, thorough examinations, and a wide selection of eyewear frames. Patients commend Dr. Forniss and staff for their expertise, compassion, and attentive care. The positive reviews highly recommend this optometry office.
- Quick appointments: The eye care center allows customers to get in fairly quickly for appointments, ensuring efficient and convenient service.
- Thorough eye exams: The staff at the center conducts thorough eye exams, taking the time to understand the patient's history and providing detailed explanations of eye measurements and when to wear glasses.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff and doctor at the eye care center are described as friendly, kind, and genuinely caring, providing exceptional customer service and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
5652 Crawfordsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46224
The majority of reviews for this eye care center in Speedway, Indiana commend the supportive staff and knowledgeable doctors who provide affordable, efficient service. While most patient experiences were positive, one customer did note issues with their vision not being fully addressed.
- The staff at this eye care center is praised for their patience and willingness to work with customers, including helping them navigate insurance issues and waiting for benefits to go into effect.
- The doctors and staff are knowledgeable and receptive to questions, providing helpful tips and assistance during eye exams and checkups.
- The customer service is outstanding, with numerous reviews mentioning individual staff members by name for their exceptional service and professionalism.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Indiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.42% of people aged 40-64 and 8.25% of people aged 65+ in Indiana were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Indiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Indiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Indiana.
- The In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher among those with diabetes (12.3%) compared to the overall population (5.27%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 7 percentage points. and In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Indiana
- In Indiana, 5.27% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Indiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.37% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.42% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Indiana face even higher rates at 8.25%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Indiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Indiana.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 6.59% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Indiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.44% of children in Indiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.85% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Indiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.27% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Indiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.