Best Eye Doctors In Clarksville, IN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Clarksville Optometrists in Clarksville, Clarksville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Clarksville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Clarksville.
John Kenyon Eye Center
1305 Wall St, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Patients appreciate the eye care center’s respectful service, courteous staff who put them at ease, and doctors/assistants who take time to explain and provide excellent care. Highly recommended.
- The staff at John-Kenyon Eye Center is highly praised for their outstanding service, providing exceptional eye care and treatment. Patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visits.
- The doctors and staff take the time to explain things thoroughly to patients and address any concerns they may have. They are professional, experienced, and knowledgeable, instilling confidence in their patients.
- The eye center is described as having a compassionate and caring atmosphere, treating patients like family. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the ability to communicate with the staff through a patient portal.
Visionworks Doctors of Optometry
1030 Veterans Pkwy, Clarksville, IN 47129
The eye care center receives positive reviews for prompt eye exam appointments and frame selection. Patients appreciate the staff’s professionalism, expertise, thorough exams, and assistance in finding perfectly fitted glasses.
- Quick and efficient eye exams and glasses: Many reviewers mentioned that their eye exams and getting new glasses were done in a timely manner, with some even getting their glasses on the same day. This indicates that the eye care center prioritizes efficiency and gets customers their glasses promptly.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Several reviewers praised the staff, including the doctors, for their professionalism, proficiency, and knowledge. This suggests that the eye care center employs experienced and skilled staff members who provide thorough eye exams and offer helpful information about frames and lenses.
- Friendly customer service: Despite some negative experiences, many reviewers mentioned that the staff was friendly and provided good customer service. This indicates that the eye care center values customer satisfaction and strives to create a positive and welcoming environment for their patients.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
748 Eastern Blvd, Clarksville, IN 47129
SVS Vision earns high marks for friendly, knowledgeable staff, efficient service, and thorough exams. Customers compliment the personalized attention and frame selection assistance. One reviewer noted delayed order fulfillment. Overall, SVS Vision provides a pleasant, professional eye care experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mentioned the staff being extremely friendly, kind, and informative. They are patient, attentive, and make the experience enjoyable. They also go out of their way to answer questions and make customers feel comfortable.
- Efficient and prompt service: Several reviewers mentioned that they were in and out of the eye exam in a short amount of time, often within 30 minutes. The staff is prompt in attending to customers and the overall service is efficient.
- Personalized care and attention: Customers appreciate the thoroughness and patience of the optometrists during the eye exam process. The staff takes the time to explain procedures and make sure customers are making informed decisions. They also provide style advice when selecting frames.
John Kenyon Eye Center
519 State St, New Albany, IN 47150
John Kenyon Eye Center is lauded for their knowledgeable, courteous staff and professional eye doctors who provide excellent care. Drs. Lazarus and Percal are praised for explaining procedures thoroughly. A few reviews cited long waits and poor service at the New Albany location. Overall, John Kenyon Eye Center is recommended for its professional, caring staff.
- Courteous and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center is courteous and knowledgeable, providing excellent service and ensuring that patients are properly informed about their eye care.
- Great doctors: Many reviews praise the doctors at the eye care center, mentioning specific doctors like Dr. Lazarus, Dr. Percal, and Dr. Wilson. They are described as professional, caring, and knowledgeable, providing great care and addressing patients' concerns.
- Thorough exams and quick service: Several reviews mention that the eye care center provides thorough exams and minimal wait times. The staff is described as friendly, and patients appreciate the detailed explanations given during the exams.
Webb & Associates Family Eyecare of Indiana
1570 Veterans Pkwy, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting friendly staff, thorough exams, and quality service. Patients appreciate the attentive doctors and staff and the clear explanations during exams. However, some negative reviews cite issues like poor customer service, lack of contact lens instructions, and high prices.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff as being nice, friendly, and helpful. This creates a positive and welcoming atmosphere for patients during their eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers express satisfaction with the thoroughness of their eye exams. They appreciate the doctors taking the time to explain everything in detail and answer any questions they have. This indicates a commitment to providing comprehensive eye care.
- Efficient and expedient service: Several reviews mention fast and efficient service, such as being able to book online appointments, getting glasses quickly, and no waiting times. This shows that the eye care center values their patients' time and aims to provide a smooth and efficient experience.
Dr. Black’s Eye Associates
1919 State St # 140, New Albany, IN 47150
Dr. Hall provides attentive eye care with a thorough and passionate approach. The friendly, professional staff help make visits efficient, though scheduling early or late appointments can avoid potential wait times. Patients describe the eye care center as knowledgeable and an excellent choice for eye exams.
- Dr. Hall is highly praised for her thoroughness and passion for eye care.
- The office staff is consistently described as friendly and professional.
- The doctors at this location are knowledgeable, friendly, and provide thorough explanations during eye exams.
Dr. Black’s Eye Associates Dry Eye Center
1407 Spring St #1, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Overall, customers describe the eye care center’s service as professional and efficient. Drs. Coffman, Katt, Hall, Pugh and Dankovich come highly recommended for thorough exams and friendly manner. The staff’s friendliness, helpfulness and expertise make patients feel comfortable and welcomed.
- Kind, informative, and professional staff
- Streamlined and efficient process
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors
Dr. Black’s Eye Associates
302 W 14th St Suite 100A, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback regarding cataract surgeries and lens implants, with patients citing professional and attentive doctors and staff. Other reviews praised efficient eye exams, contact lens fittings, and friendly service. One negative review mentioned insurance issues, incorrect prescriptions, and unprofessional treatment of a patient‚Äôs grandmother.
- Professional and highly recommended services: Many reviews highlight the professional care provided by the staff, including the eye examination, surgical procedures, and treatments. Customers highly recommend their services.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Multiple reviewers mention that the eye exams were completed quickly and efficiently. The office's scheduling and the assistance of good associates contributed to shorter wait times.
- Friendly and caring staff: Numerous reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, including doctors, technicians, and office personnel. Patients appreciate feeling welcomed and valued during their visits.
Steven Wilson, OD
519 State St Suite 201, New Albany, IN 47150
Dr. Wilson receives positive reviews for his thorough exams and friendly manner at John Kenyon Eye Care. Patients describe him as knowledgeable and appreciate his clear explanations. The helpful office staff also contributes to an overall positive experience where patients feel comfortable and well cared for.
- Thorough and informative eye exams with friendly staff and doctors.
- Dr. Wilson is highly recommended for his thoroughness, knowledge, and willingness to answer questions.
- The office is well-coordinated and professional, with personal care and attention given to patients.
325 E Lewis and Clark Pkwy St. 200, Clarksville, IN 47129
Clarkson Eye Care receives high recommendations from reviewers praising the friendly, knowledgeable staff and attentive, thorough doctors. While some customers reported minor issues, most describe positive experiences and recommend Clarkson Eye Care for professional eye exams and eyecare.
- Top-notch customer service: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and courteous staff, as well as the personalized attention received during eye exams and consultations.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Patients appreciate the use of top-notch technology and thorough examinations to ensure the best eye and vision health possible.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Reviewers mention the staff's ability to answer questions, address concerns, and provide recommendations for glasses and contact lenses.
Randall Noblitt, OD
1305 Wall St Suite 201, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Dr. Noblitt receives consistent positive feedback for his professional, knowledgeable, and thorough eye exams. Patients feel heard as he listens to their concerns and provides compassionate care. The friendly and helpful office staff at his eye care center are also highly regarded.
- Dr. Noblitt is professional, thorough, and takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and history.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and caring, creating a comfortable and pleasant experience.
- Patients appreciate Dr. Noblitt's humor, honesty, and genuine concern for their eye health.
Bennett & Bloom Eye Centers
95 Quartermaster Ct, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Patients appreciated the comprehensive eye exams and professional staff at this eye care center, with many singling out specific doctors. While largely positive, a handful of reviews cited issues with scheduling appointments, long wait times, and billing.
- Excellent care and professionalism: The eye care center is praised for providing excellent care and professionalism by multiple reviewers. They mention being treated with kindness and respect by the staff, including the doctors, technicians, and front desk personnel.
- Thorough and informative: Several reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the way the staff keeps them informed throughout the process. They mention feeling confident and well-informed about their eye conditions and the recommended treatments.
- Referrals and successful outcomes: One reviewer has already referred a family member to the eye care center and speaks highly of the quality service received. Another reviewer mentions having a successful outcome after cataract surgery.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Indiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 6.42% of people aged 40-64 and 8.25% of people aged 65+ in Indiana were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Indiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Indiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Indiana.
- The In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was significantly higher among those with diabetes (12.3%) compared to the overall population (5.27%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 7 percentage points. and In Indiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may slightly increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Indiana
- In Indiana, 5.27% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Indiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.37% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.42% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Indiana face even higher rates at 8.25%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Indiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Indiana.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 6.59% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Indiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.44% of children in Indiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.85% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Indiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.27% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Indiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.