Best LASIK Surgeon In Tinley Park, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tinley Park LASIK Surgeons in Tinley Park, Tinley Park, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tinley Park reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Tinley Park.
999 Plaza Dr Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Patients reported an excellent experience with friendly, knowledgeable staff at this highly recommended lasik surgeon practice. The quick, painless procedure brought life changing results that many wished they’d undergone sooner. While one patient wasn’t satisfied, most praised the transparent and attentive doctors and staff.
- Professional, friendly staff who are knowledgeable and patient.
- Fast and painless procedure with a quick healing process.
- Thorough, clear instructions for aftercare and follow-up care provided, with direct contact with the doctor if needed.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 W 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Patients routinely report excellent experiences with Dr. McGlothan and staff at the Lasik Vision Institute. The procedure goes smoothly and quickly. The doctor and staff offer guidance and support throughout. Patients often achieve 20/20 vision and describe life-changing results. Overall, this practice comes highly recommended for vision correction.
- Quick and highly effective procedure with fast recovery time.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide excellent pre and post operation care.
- Great customer service and patient management, including walking patients through the procedure to alleviate nervousness.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK
145 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60610
SharpeVision draws positive reviews from LASIK patients, who report professional, knowledgeable staff providing excellent care with advanced techniques in a clean, well-run facility. Many patients achieve 20/20 or better vision and recommend SharpeVision to friends and family.
- The staff is professional, knowledgeable, and attentive to patients’ needs.
- Advanced technology is used and the procedure is quick and painless.
- Post-operative care is outstanding, with readily available support and follow-up.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
TLC Eye Center patients describe an exceptional experience, with Dr. Probst and his staff providing attentive care throughout the process. Most achieve 20/20 or better vision after their smooth, pain-free LASIK procedure. Patients strongly recommend TLC Eye Center.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease during the procedure.
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent results, with many patients achieving 20/20 or better vision.
- Professional and organized team who provide clear communication and guidance throughout the process.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16335 S Harlem Ave Suite 200 Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
The Lasik Vision Institute in Tinley Park receives outstanding reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff, quick and streamlined procedures, and life-changing results, with many achieving better than 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts. Patients describe the facility as clean, well-organized, and comfortable. Nearly all strongly recommend the institute and rate their experience as fantastic.
- Highly recommended by numerous satisfied customers who experienced an easy and impactful process that resulted in improved vision.
- The staff is described as wonderful, friendly, professional, patient, and reassuring, making the entire process comfortable and smooth for the patients.
- The Lasik Vision Institute in Tinley Park is equipped with the latest technology to establish treatment and does a thorough examination before performing the procedure, making sure that the patients receive the best care possible.
Kirk Eye Center – River Forest Location
7427 Lake St, River Forest, IL 60305
Kirk Eye Center provides exceptional care with a professional staff. Patients report efficient, friendly visits and excellent care before and after procedures including cataract surgery, LASIK, and ICL surgery. Knowledgeable, compassionate doctors and staff help patients feel comfortable and welcome. Patients highly recommend Kirk for skilled, thoughtful eye care.
- Highly professional and caring doctors and staff
- Excellent outcomes for cataract and lasik surgeries
- Friendly and efficient service, with thorough explanations and follow-up care.
Vision One Lasik Center
1320 Tower Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173
The lasik surgeons at Vision One Lasik Center are highly regarded for their attentive and personable staff. Patients frequently comment on the efficient process, with many achieving 20/20 vision within 24 hours. Additionally, patients appreciate the affordable pricing and multiple consultation locations.
- Affordable pricing with discounts and special offers available on Groupon/LivingSocial for LASIK surgery.
- Friendly staff and doctors that guide patients through the post-procedure process and make them feel comfortable throughout.
- Quick and efficient procedure with most patients seeing improvements in vision within hours.
LasikPlus: Dr. Gerald Horn
939 W North Ave # 220, Chicago, IL 60642
Current Specials: FREE LASIK Consultation
Patients reported excellent experiences with this lasik surgeon’s practice. They found the staff friendly, helpful and professional. Patients appreciated the surgeons’ clear communication and gentle procedure. Many achieved 20/20 vision soon after surgery and enthusiastically recommended this practice.
- Fast and pain-free lasik procedure
- Staff (including Dr. Horn) are incredibly kind and make the whole experience comfortable
- Highly professional and friendly staff, with excellent results
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.