Best LASIK Surgeon In Sterling, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 95 LASIK Surgeons in Sterling, IL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1697 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Sterling.
Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision Center
4600 30th St, Rock Island, IL 61201
Virdi Eye Clinic in Rock Island has received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their LASIK surgery services. Patients praised the clinic's friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff. Many reported a smooth and comfortable procedure, with quick recovery and excellent results. The clinic's thorough explanations, attentive care, and personal touch were frequently mentioned as reasons to highly recommend Virdi Eye Clinic.
- Short procedure time: Several reviews mentioned that the LASIK procedure at Virdi Eye Clinic was quick, with one reviewer stating that it only took 15 minutes. This suggests that the surgeon is efficient and able to perform the procedure in a timely manner.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at Virdi Eye Clinic for being friendly, helpful, and professional. This indicates that the clinic has a welcoming and supportive environment, which can help alleviate any anxieties or concerns patients may have.
- Positive outcomes and excellent vision results: Many reviewers expressed satisfaction with their LASIK surgery at Virdi Eye Clinic, noting that they achieved improved vision and were able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts. This suggests that the surgeon has a high success rate and is capable of delivering excellent results.
Rockford Eye and Laser Center
4301 N Mulford Rd, Loves Park, IL 61111
Rockford Eye and Laser Center is highly recommended by many patients. Dr. Yoon is praised for his excellent surgical skills and caring nature, and patients have achieved great results, including improved vision after cataract surgery and LASIK. The staff is described as kind, friendly, and professional. However, there are a few negative reviews mentioning issues with scheduling, rude behavior, lack of attention to insurance coverage, and dissatisfaction with the overall experience.
- Skilled and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mentioned the skilled, welcoming, caring, and professional nature of the staff at Rockford Eye and Laser Center. This includes the surgeons and other medical professionals.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Many reviewers praised the surgeons at the practice, particularly Dr. Yoon, for their excellent surgical skills. Several mentioned successful cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures that resulted in improved vision without the need for glasses or contacts.
- Personalized care and thorough evaluations: Several reviewers appreciated the personalized care they received at Rockford Eye and Laser Center. They mentioned that the surgeons took the time to tailor treatments specific to their needs, provided thorough evaluations, and went the extra mile to explain procedures and address any concerns.
New Vision Laser Center
2929 McFarland Rd, Rockford, IL 61107
The lasik surgeon practice at New Vision Laser Center has received consistently positive reviews. Patients praise the professionalism, expertise, and friendly demeanor of Dr. Vakharia and his staff. Many have had successful procedures and experienced improved vision, with some achieving 20/20 vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts. The staff is described as helpful, informative, and accommodating, providing a comfortable and reassuring experience throughout the entire process.
- Quality and professionalism: Reviewers consistently praised the lasik surgeon practice for their commitment to quality and professionalism. They appreciated the expertise and knowledge of the doctors and staff.
- Excellent results: Many reviewers reported excellent results from their lasik surgeries. They were able to see clearly without the need for glasses or contacts, and some even mentioned having improved near and distance vision.
- Informative and supportive staff: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice were described as informative, friendly, and supportive. They took the time to answer questions, explain the procedure, and provide clear directions for pre and post-operative care.
Dr. Mitul Vakharia, MD
New Vision Laser Center, 2929 McFarland Rd, Rockford, IL 61107
The lasik surgeon practice has received consistent praise for its professionalism, friendly staff, and positive overall experience. Patients have reported quick, painless procedures and remarkable improvements in vision, with many achieving 20/20 or better vision within a day of surgery. The staff at the practice, including Dr. Vakharia and his assistant Christina, have been commended for their thorough explanations, helpfulness, and make patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Excellent staff and customer service - Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff who provided thorough explanations and made patients feel comfortable throughout the LASIK process.
- Quick and painless procedure - Several reviews praised the efficiency of the LASIK surgery, noting that it was fast and painless. Patients experienced little to no discomfort and saw immediate improvements in their vision.
- Great results and post-operative care - Many reviewers expressed high satisfaction with the outcomes of their LASIK procedures. They reported achieving 20/20 vision or better shortly after the surgery, and appreciated the attention and support provided during the post-operative period.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article