Best LASIK Surgeon In Joliet, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 120 LASIK Surgeons in Joliet, IL, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4334 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Joliet.
3021 Butterfield Rd STE 200, Oak Brook, IL 60523
A lasik surgeon practice was praised for its efficient and painless procedures, with several patients saying they had a great experience. The staff was described as helpful, friendly, and professional, and the doctors were knowledgeable and experienced. Many patients spoke positively about how the surgery had improved their vision, and recommended the practice to others looking for similar treatments. However, one patient reported experiencing racism during their visit, while another described a painful and uncomfortable procedure.
- Experienced and skilled surgeon (Dr. Horn) who can calm down anxious patients.
- Painless procedure with a quick recovery time.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service and support throughout the entire process.
The LASIK Vision Institute
2311 22nd St Ste 105, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Patients reported having a great experience at the LASIK Vision Institute, with many expressing gratitude for their newfound 20/20 vision without pain or discomfort. They praised the doctors and staff for being knowledgeable, kind, and putting them at ease during the procedure. The process was described as quick and informative, and patients were pleased with the results. Many highly recommended the institute to anyone considering LASIK surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Professional and friendly staff that helps ease anxiety and fear
- Excellent results with 20/20 vision, and highly recommended by many patients
TLC Laser Eye Centers
4 Westbrook Corporate Center Suite 111, Westchester, IL 60154
Patients highly recommend the lasik surgeon practice for its friendly, patient, and knowledgeable staff who make the lasik process smooth and easy. Patients also praise the experienced and caring surgeon, Dr. Probst, who keeps them calm and at ease during the procedure. Most patients achieve perfect 20/20 or 20/15 vision and appreciate the life-changing experience. Overall, the staff's professionalism and efficiency, along with the great results, make TLC Eye Center an excellent choice for lasik surgery.
- Knowledgeable and experienced surgeon who makes patients feel comfortable and at ease during the procedure.
- Friendly and patient staff who guide patients through the process and are organized and helpful.
- Quick and painless procedure with great results, including perfect or 20/20 vision, often within the first few days after the procedure.
Kovach Eye Institute
152 N Addison Ave # 100, Elmhurst, IL 60126
The practice has a very professional and thorough staff who explain the process throughout the experience, leading to pleasing results. The doctors and staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and professional, though there can be a long wait time. Patients appreciate the state-of-the-art equipment, comprehensive exams, and expertise in preserving their sight and eye health. Some negative reviews criticize the long wait times, while others complain about rudeness from staff and poor communication regarding payment and insurance.
- Professionalism and thoroughness of the entire staff.
- State-of-the-art equipment for early detection of eye problems.
- Careful explanations of the process throughout the experience.
The LASIK Vision Institute
16335 S Harlem Ave Suite 200 Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477
The Lasik Vision Institute in Tinley Park has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who have undergone the procedure. Many patients have reported that the staff are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, making them feel comfortable and at ease during the process. Patients have been able to see clearly the day after the procedure, with some even experiencing better than 20/20 vision. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice for anyone considering Lasik surgery.
- Highly professional and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- Quick and painless procedure with a fast recovery time, resulting in improved vision often better than 20/20.
- Offers the latest technology and equipment for examining eyes and performing the surgery, with doctors who pay close attention to detail and provide informative explanations of the process.
Kovach Eye Institute
1960 Springbrook Square Dr Ste 110, Naperville, IL 60564
The lasik surgeon practice has friendly and knowledgeable staff who take time to explain everything. They are thorough and professional, providing excellent care for vision issues and emergencies. Patients highly recommend the facility and trust the doctors and staff. However, the practice has some negative reviews, primarily related to long wait times and rude behavior from some staff and doctors. Some patients have had unsatisfactory results from procedures and have experienced issues with scheduling and billing.
- Thorough and professional care for a variety of vision issues, including cataracts and corneal transplants.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain everything thoroughly and answer questions.
- Successful outcomes for eye procedures, such as Lasik surgery and cataract surgery.
477 Butterfield Rd STE 101, Lombard, IL 60148
Patients have had positive experiences with Dr. Foulkes at Foulkes Vision Institute in Chicago, with many leaving reviews praising their exceptional customer service, knowledgeable and professional care, and friendly staff. There are several comments about Dr. Foulkes' passion for his work and his commitment to providing excellent results to his patients. Patients have been happy with the results of their Lasik surgery, with some experiencing 20/15 vision the day after their procedure.
- Dr. Foulkes is knowledgeable and passionate about his work, providing thorough and honest explanations of the procedures and results.
- The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating, making the entire process comfortable and easy to navigate.
- Patients consistently report excellent results, with many achieving better than perfect 20/15 vision, providing a life-changing improvement in their visual acuity.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article