Best Eye Doctors In Waukegan, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Waukegan Optometrists in Waukegan, Waukegan, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Waukegan reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Waukegan.
The Eye Spot Optical
1449 Peterson Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048
The Eye Spot receives consistently positive reviews for Dr. Pikus’s comprehensive eye exams and the staff’s friendly assistance. Patients appreciate the wide selection of stylish, quality frames. This practice comes highly recommended for eye care needs.
- The Eye Spot provides a wonderful customer experience, with knowledgeable and thorough eye exams.
- The staff at The Eye Spot is friendly, attentive, and professional, making each eye exam easy and quick.
- The clinic offers a great selection of frames, including unique and high-end options, providing customers with a wide range of choices.
6170 Grand Ave #807, Gurnee, IL 60031
The eye care center is praised for its accommodating and friendly staff, including Drs. Weinstein, Hene, and Thuy Ho, and staff Sheila, Karina, Jazmin, and Aylin. Patients appreciate the thorough exams, expert guidance in frame selection, efficient appointment process, pleasant atmosphere, and Sunday availability.
- The staff at this eye care center are knowledgeable, friendly, and provide a thorough eye exam.
- The office offers eye exams on Sundays and the wait time to see the doctor is minimal.
- Sheila, Karina, and Jazmin are highly praised for their efforts in helping customers find properly fitting frames and resolving any issues with glasses.
Doctors of Optometry – Gurnee Mills
6170 Grand Ave Ste 807, Gurnee, IL 60031
Customers generally appreciate the thorough eye exams and helpful staff at this eye care center. Some concerns mentioned include longer wait times for glasses and pricing seen as higher than expected for glasses and lens add-ons.
- Excellent service and thorough eye exams, with helpful advice and options available.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who provide genuine concern for eye health and quick assistance with finding frames and lenses.
- Clean location following COVID-19 guidelines, making customers feel safe during their visit.
Dr. Paik and Associates
975 Rockland Rd, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Patients compliment the eye care center’s efficient exams and advanced technology that often eliminates the need for dilation. The friendly, kid-focused staff helps make exams enjoyable. Doctors provide thorough eye exams and detailed explanations. Patients recommend this professional practice for its expertise and outstanding service.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with high-tech machines that avoid dilation.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, especially accommodating for children.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams with explanations of test results.
Dr. Eugene Berkovich, Optometrist, and Associates – Gurnee
6641 Grand Ave Ste D, Gurnee, IL 60031
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its helpful, professional staff and smooth eye exam and glasses purchasing process. However, one customer felt pressured to purchase additional services and misled about costs.
- Overall positive customer experiences, with many satisfied customers expressing their happiness with the eye exams and eye care provided.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors and staff who take the time to listen to customers and address their concerns and preferences.
- Smooth and convenient process, from the eye exam to purchasing prescription glasses, with helpful and accommodating staff.
1475 N Dilleys Rd Suite 4, Gurnee, IL 60031
This eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for its skilled, friendly staff and relaxing, high-tech equipment. The decor, amenities, comprehensive exams, and aid in choosing eyewear come highly recommended. A small number critique poor service and mask policies during COVID-19, but most reviews strongly endorse this as an excellent choice.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Beautifully decorated office with comfortable waiting area equipped with massage chairs and a large fish tank.
- Use of high-tech equipment, including the ability to take pictures of the inside of the eyeball, ensuring thorough eye exams.
Dr. Kevin Kukla
3104 N Lewis Ave, Waukegan, IL 60087
Dr. Kukla provides thoughtful, attentive eye care. Patients describe him as kind and thorough during exams, maintaining open communication. His friendly, professional staff assist with scheduling reasonable appointments and wait times. However, one reviewer encountered an uninformed, unhelpful service representative. Overall, Dr. Kukla earns high recommendations for his patient-centered approach.
- Dr. Kukla is thorough, knowledgeable, and takes his time during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, kind, and provides excellent customer service.
- The office is organized and works well with families, including children.
730 North Optometry
730 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048
730 North Optometry patients highlight the friendly and welcoming staff, mentioning Drs. Yin, Oh, Santilukka, and Pak. Thorough eye exams and extensive frame selection draw praise. While some customers had issues with opticians not listening to preferences or frame problems, most experiences were positive, indicating this is a professional and recommended eye care center.
- Friendly and warm staff who make patients feel welcome and comfortable, especially with children.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams, including options to avoid dilation.
- Knowledgeable and experienced opticians who provide excellent customer service and help patients find the right frames.
6641 Grand Ave Ste D, Gurnee, IL 60031
Patients appreciate Drs. Berkovich and Sultan for their expertise, patience, and professionalism. While numerous reviews praise the thorough eye exams and congenial service, some critique discourteous staff, prescription errors, aggressive upselling tactics, and subpar customer service.
- Knowledgeable and patient staff: Sultan and Dr. Berkovich are consistently praised for their expertise, patience, and kindness during eye exams.
- Professional and friendly service: Many customers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, including Tony, who goes above and beyond to assist with glasses and resolve any issues.
- Thorough and informative exams: Dr. Berkovich is known for his thoroughness and takes the time to explain things to patients, making them feel comfortable and well-informed during the exam process.
Lake County Vision Care
2625 Elisha Ave, Zion, IL 60099
The eye care center provides attentive service, especially for children during exams. However, some noted high prices without insurance and extensive paperwork. More trendy eyewear options were requested. Most reviews were positive, praising the knowledgeable, friendly staff.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the staff's professionalism.
- Good experience for children: One reviewer mentioned that their daughter had a great experience during her first eye exam at this location. The doctor was amazing with her and made the experience fun. Parents looking for a child-friendly eye care center may find this location suitable.
- Excellent service over the years: Several reviewers mentioned being long-term customers of this eye care center and receiving consistently great service. They appreciated the quality of treatment they received and felt confident in the care provided by the doctors.
Libertyville Vision Center
307 S Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048
Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and clear explanations of results by knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Dowell and Dr. Heimlich. Friendly staff like Jaclyn helpfully assist patients with selecting eyeglasses. The office maintains cleanliness and follows COVID-19 safety protocols.
- The doctors, particularly Dr. Dowell and Dr. Saha, received high praise for their thoroughness and patient education during eye exams.
- The staff, particularly Jaclyn and the lady who helped with eyeglasses, were friendly, helpful, and provided excellent customer service.
- The clinic is taking appropriate COVID precautions, including mask compliance, which is important to some customers.
Advanced Eyecare Consultants
318 Peterson Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048
Dr. Levine and the staff at Advanced Eyecare Consultants receive overwhelmingly positive reviews for their expert eye care, clear communication, and personal attention to patients. Scleral lenses emerge as a transformative treatment option. Patients strongly recommend this office for its exceptional service meeting individual eye health needs.
- Dr. Levine and the staff at Advanced Eyecare Consultants provide excellent, professional, and personalized care. They take the time to explain the results of eye exams and treatments clearly and patiently.
- The office staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. They provide top-notch customer service and make sure that everything from the fit of glasses to the selection of lenses is perfect.
- Dr. Levine is highly skilled in fitting scleral lenses and can help improve vision for individuals with conditions such as keratoconus. He is kind, patient, and dedicated to achieving the best results possible.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.