Best Eye Doctors In Shorewood, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Shorewood Optometrists in Shorewood, Shorewood, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Shorewood reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Shorewood.
3340 Mall Loop Dr, Joliet, IL 60431
The eye care center is known for efficient, friendly service and helpful, knowledgeable staff. Patients mention Dr. Rena, Lucas, Chris, Ashley and Toni. Reviews are positive regarding thorough eye exams and affordable eyewear. Some concerns were raised about wait times and facility condition.
- Efficient and friendly service with knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provide thorough advice, help customers understand prescription changes, and assist in finding the perfect frames.
- Good value for money: Reviewers appreciate that this eye care center offers competitive pricing, including good deals and options for using insurance. They also mention that the overall cost for eye exams, glasses, and lenses was reasonable.
- Quick and convenient service: Many reviewers note that the service at this location is prompt and efficient. They mention short wait times for appointments and quick assistance in picking out glasses or getting repairs done.
Eye 2 Eye
2537 Plainfield Rd, Joliet, IL 60435
Eye 2 Eye patients largely had positive experiences, praising the professional and thorough exams by doctors. Patients found the staff friendly and helpful. Though some cited issues with billing policies and office management, most reviews reflected positive experiences.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye exams at Eye 2 Eye, stating that they were thorough, efficient, and conducted by knowledgeable and caring doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at Eye 2 Eye. They commended the staff for providing excellent customer service, answering all their questions, and creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Wide selection of frames and reasonable prices: Several reviewers appreciated the large selection of frames available at Eye 2 Eye and found the prices to be reasonable. This made it easier for them to find glasses that suited their style and budget.
Boulevard Place Eye Care
16261 Boulevard Pl, Plainfield, IL 60586
The eye care center was praised for its friendly and accommodating staff, easy appointment booking, knowledgeable doctors who took time to explain results, clean office, and professional team. A few opportunities mentioned were longer appointment wait times and difficulty reaching the front desk phone.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with friendly staff
- Doctors take the time to explain exam results and answer questions
- Caring and knowledgeable doctors who provide thorough exams
Illinois Retina Associates: Joseph M. Civantos, MD
300 Barney Dr suite d, Joliet, IL 60435
Patients report Dr. Civantos as a knowledgeable and professional doctor who clearly explains diagnoses. His friendly, helpful staff receive high marks for efficiency. Numerous reviewers strongly recommend this eye care center and have full confidence in Dr. Civantos and his team.
- Excellent doctor and staff: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Civantos and the staff for their professionalism, care, and friendliness. Patients feel well taken care of and prioritize their eye health at this center.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctor: Dr. Civantos is described as knowledgeable, thorough, and experienced. He takes the time to explain diagnoses and treatment options in detail, ensuring patients understand their condition and the recommended care.
- Efficient and organized: The center is commended for its efficiency and organization. Patients appreciate the structured process and the staff's dedication to providing a thorough examination and timely service.
- State-of-the-art technology: The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, allowing for advanced diagnostic capabilities and comprehensive eye care.
- Trustworthy and reliable: Several reviews express trust and confidence in Dr. Civantos and his team. Patients appreciate the level of care and feel comfortable entrusting their eye health to this center.
Dr. Jerome Lietz, OD
1701 N Larkin Ave, Crest Hill, IL 60403
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback for Dr. Lietz’s caring approach with children and the professional, friendly service from staff like Ray. Patients describe an pleasant environment focused on their comfort.
- Dr. Lietz is amazing with children and eases any anxiety they may have.
- The staff, including the front desk and optician, are friendly and provide great customer service.
- The atmosphere is pleasant, and the doctors have a good sense of humor, making the experience enjoyable.
Doctors of Optometry – Louis Joliet Mall
3340 Mall Loop Dr, Joliet, IL 60435
Customers were largely satisfied with the eye care center, reporting thorough exams by friendly staff. While some noted issues with pricing and insurance, most praised the professional service and appreciated the helpful sales team.
- Quick and efficient service: Multiple reviews mention that they were able to get their eye exams and frames quickly and without much waiting time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and welcoming demeanor of the staff, as well as their willingness to explain procedures and answer questions.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Several reviewers highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams they received and express satisfaction with the expertise of the doctors.
Rosin Eyecare – Joliet
1960 Essington Rd, Joliet, IL 60435
Patients highlight the friendly staff, informative eye exams, and great customer service at this highly-rated eye care center. They appreciate the professional yet warm doctors and efficient service. Quick contact lens order turnaround is also praised. Overall, reviews indicate this is an excellent choice for vision care.
- Friendly and courteous staff.
- Dr. Owens is thorough and easy to talk to.
- Quick turnaround on contact lens orders.
- The staff is attentive and helpful in selecting glasses.
- Dr. Dettman is great with kids and treats patients like family.
- Convenient scheduling and easy to schedule appointments.
- The doctors take time to explain everything and answer questions.
- The lobby customer service is exceptional.
- The staff is professional, warm, and welcoming.
- The selection of frames, although limited, allows finding a suitable pair.
Dr. Tanya Le and Associates
1111 Brook Forest Ave, Shorewood, IL 60404
Customers consistently commended Dr. Le and the staff at this eye care center for their professionalism, kindness, and patience during exams. Reviewers appreciated the doctor’s detailed explanations and the staff’s assistance with frames and test results. Customers described the office as clean and praised the excellent customer service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center consistently receives positive reviews for their friendliness and helpfulness. They make patients feel comfortable during eye exams and answer any questions with patience and kindness.
- Professional and informative doctors: Multiple reviewers praise the doctors at this eye care center for their professionalism and informative approach. They take the time to thoroughly explain everything during the exam, ensuring that patients understand the results and any necessary recommendations.
- Clean and organized office: Patients appreciate the cleanliness and organization of the office at this eye care center. They feel comfortable and at ease during their visits.
Joliet EyeCare Associates: Dr. Tauseef Tahir
301 Springfield Ave # 4, Joliet, IL 60435
Dr. Tahir provides attentive, comprehensive eye exams at Joliet Eyecare Associates. Patients value his clear explanations, caring bedside manner, and responsiveness in emergencies. Knowledgeable, friendly staff and a variety of glasses complement his commitment to patient satisfaction. Patients recommend Dr. Tahir and his team for all eye care needs.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this eye care center are thorough and cover all aspects of eye health. Patients feel confident that the doctor has their best interests at heart.
- Excellent patient care and communication: Patients appreciate the attentive and caring approach of Dr. Tahir and his staff. They take the time to listen to patients, explain everything clearly, and provide options. Patients feel comfortable and valued during their visits.
- Friendly staff and comfortable environment: Patients mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The office is newly renovated and provides a wide variety of frames for glasses. The overall environment is clean, welcoming, and relaxing.
Illinois Retina Associates: John S. Pollack, MD
300 Barney Dr #300, Joliet, IL 60435
The eye care center is well-regarded for its attentive staff, comprehensive exams, and expert doctors, though some patients reported extended wait times and discomfort with one physician’s manner. In general, customers recommend this center for its caring and professional eye care.
- Excellent and thorough eye exam with Dr. Pollack, who takes the time to explain everything and answer all questions.
- Friendly and caring staff who provide immediate attention and accommodate specific needs.
- Dr. Pollack is highly professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy, with many years of experience.
Plainfield Vision Care
15129 Illinois Rte 59, Plainfield, IL 60544
Dr. Boots provides excellent eye exams using up-to-date technology at Plainfield Vision Care. Patients consistently compliment his friendly, professional staff and the personalized care and attention they receive. Many highly recommend Dr. Boots for meeting their vision needs.
- Excellent service and thorough, detailed eye exams with progressive technology.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are willing to go the extra mile to assist with picking out frames and answering questions.
- Dr. Boots and his staff are caring, efficient, and family-friendly, making sure to maximize insurance coverage and find the best deals for contacts.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.