Best Eye Doctors In Quincy, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Quincy Optometrists in Quincy, Quincy, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Quincy reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Quincy.
Advanced Rockford Eye Care
5915 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61114
Advanced Rockford Eye Care receives mainly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff conducting thorough exams and providing professional service. Patients mention appreciating techs and doctors carefully explaining procedures and attentively examining children. However, some criticize additional charges, pushy sales tactics, and insurance confusion.
- Friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to answer questions and resolve any issues quickly.
- Thorough and complete eye exams, with a focus on overall eye health and well-being.
- Great experiences for both adults and children, with a kind and patient staff who make the process enjoyable and stress-free.
Family EyeCare & Contact Lens Center
3325 Maine St #1, Quincy, IL 62301
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its courteous staff, comprehensive exams, and expertise. Patients recommend the supportive environment and Dr. Krohn’s thoughtful care.
- Courteous and professional staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists
Kovach Eye Institute
152 N Addison Ave # 100, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Kovach Eye Institute was well reviewed for knowledgeable, friendly staff, comprehensive exams, and skillful surgeries. Though some mentioned longer wait times, most appreciated the professionalism and attentiveness of the doctors and employees. The majority expressed satisfaction with their experiences at this eye care facility.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the doctors and staff at the eye care center were knowledgeable, friendly, and took the time to explain any issues or concerns.
- Thorough eye exams and advanced technology: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough eye exams and utilizing advanced technology. This indicates that they prioritize comprehensive eye care and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field.
- Successful surgeries and positive outcomes: Several reviews mentioned successful surgeries, such as LASIK and cataract removal, performed by the doctors at the eye care center. This suggests that they have a track record of delivering positive outcomes and helping patients improve their vision.
600 Maine St, Quincy, IL 62301
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its quick, efficient service and minimal waiting times. Customers comment on the wide product selection and praise the staff as friendly, helpful experts who take time to ensure a positive experience. Overall, customers find their visits enjoyable and satisfying.
- Quick in-and-out experience with minimal wait times.
- Convenient location with a decent selection of products, including household, pharmacy, and hygiene items.
- Friendly and helpful staff who are knowledgeable and willing to assist customers.
International Eyecare Center
2445 Broadway St, Quincy, IL 62301
Most customers praised the friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors at this eye care center. They appreciated the extended hours and efforts to make patients, especially children, comfortable during exams. However, some reviews cited issues with incorrect glasses, delayed orders, and poor communication. Overall, most were satisfied.
- Extended hours: This location offers extended hours, making it convenient for individuals who need to schedule appointments without taking time off work.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this facility are consistently mentioned as friendly, professional, and welcoming. They go the extra mile to make patients feel comfortable and at ease, especially with anxious children.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: The doctors at this location are praised for their ability to explain diagnoses and treatment plans in a clear and understandable manner. They take the time to answer questions and ensure that patients are satisfied with their care.
All About Eyes – Quincy
3131 Broadway St, Quincy, IL 62301
All About Eyes in Quincy, IL receives mixed reviews. Some customers praise the friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and help with frame selection. However, others report issues like broken frames, insurance confusion, and prescription problems, indicating inconsistent service quality and satisfaction.
- Quick and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at All About Eyes in Quincy, IL are quick and detailed, ensuring that customers receive a thorough examination.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at All About Eyes is consistently described as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and assist in selecting frames that suit individual preferences.
- Variety of frames and affordable prices: Customers appreciate the wide selection of frames available at All About Eyes. The options range from affordable to name brands, and the buy one pair, get one pair free deal, including prescription lenses, is highly regarded.
- Excellent care for specific eye conditions: All About Eyes is commended for their patient and thorough care, especially for individuals with specific eye conditions like keratoconus. They take the time to ensure that customers receive the correct prescription and provide exceptional customer care and compassion.
Kvitle Eye Care Associates (Dr Jason Kvitle)
1107 College Ave, Quincy, IL 62301
This eye care center is widely praised for Dr. Kvitle’s professionalism, clear explanations, and thorough exams. Patients appreciate the friendly, knowledgeable staff and exceptional care, including accommodating special needs. Dr. Kvitle is noted for expertise in conditions like diabetes and retinal detachment. One review mentioned unexpected surgical kit charges, so Medicare patients should confirm costs. Overall, it’s highly recommended for excellent, compassionate service.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as always being friendly and professional. They create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Both Dr. Kvitle and Dr. Jason are praised for being thorough in their eye exams and for taking the time to review and explain the results to patients. They are also knowledgeable about various health issues, such as diabetes, and provide recommendations to help overcome them.
- Exceptional care and compassion: The doctors and staff at this eye care center are commended for their exceptional care and compassion. They go above and beyond to provide comfort to patients, whether it's by staying after hours, treating patients with autism, or providing follow-up care. Patients feel well taken care of and valued.
1412 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515
Town Eye Care patients appreciate the thorough eye exams by Dr. Diemes and the friendly, professional staff. Customers also value the wide selection of frames and personalized care.
- Excellent eye exams: Customers praise the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams at Town Eye Care. The optometrists take their time and ask a lot of questions, ensuring a comprehensive and detailed examination.
- Wide selection of frames: Town Eye Care offers a wide range of frames, from classical to exotic styles, to suit every taste. Customers appreciate the variety and quality of the frames available, making it easy to find fashionable and trendy eyewear.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Town Eye Care is described as friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Customers appreciate the personalized care and attention they receive, and the staff goes above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.
Quincy Medical Group Eye & Vision Institute
1125 Hampshire St, Quincy, IL 62301
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its knowledgeable, caring doctors who take time to address patient concerns. Patients commend Dr. Tracy for her thorough and professional manner and short wait times. Dr. Sharp connects well with patients of all ages, including the elderly and autistic. Drs. Phillips and Sieck earn praise for answering questions and explaining eye health. The helpful, professional staff also receives positive mentions. Patients highly recommend the doctors and staff for their skilled, attentive care.
- Dr. Tracy is thorough, professional, and upbeat, and his staff quickly accommodated a scheduling error and worked the patient into his full schedule.
- Dr. Sharp is loved by a 95-year-old patient and does well with a patient on the spectrum.
- Dr. Phillips is easy to talk to, explains things clearly, and doesn't rush patients.
- Dr. Sieck is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and takes time to address any questions or concerns.
- Dr. Weller and his staff provide extremely satisfying care and are described as wonderful and caring.
- Dr. Knickerbocker and Dr. Geisendorfer at Quincy Medical Group Eye and Vision are praised for their care and are recommended to others.
- Dr. Tracy is great with kids and always helpful.
- Dr. Tracy is described as down-to-earth and effective in bringing down a patient's eye pressure.
- The staff is helpful, caring, and rated 5 stars.
- The doctors at the center provide direct and honest assessments and helpful information.
- Dr. Geisendorfer and his staff provided excellent care, making cataract removal and vision correction a pleasant experience.
- The center provides great service.
- Dr. Sharp has a wonderful bedside manner, is thorough in care, and listens to patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.