Best Eye Doctors In Mount Vernon, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Mount Vernon Optometrists in Mount Vernon, Mount Vernon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Mount Vernon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Mount Vernon.
1918 Gateway Center Dr, Belvidere, IL 61008
Shopko Optical provides comprehensive eye exams and eyewear with Dr. Steen’s patient and professional care. The friendly staff helps find perfect frames, though some customers report high prices and insurance challenges. Their bright, well-stocked office offers a welcoming experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center being friendly, helpful, and providing great customer service.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness and attention to detail of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Steen, the optometrist at this location.
Advanced Rockford Eye Care
5915 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61114
Advanced Rockford Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. Patients felt doctors took time to explain and offer personalized options. A few customers had billing issues or unsatisfactory experiences, but negative reviews were the minority. The eye care center seems to provide good service overall.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at Advanced Rockford Eye Care is friendly, helpful, and goes above and beyond to address any concerns or questions. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at Advanced Rockford Eye Care. The doctors take their time to explain everything in detail, explore different options, and ensure that patients receive the best possible care.
- Great experience for children: Several reviews mention that Advanced Rockford Eye Care provides excellent care for children during their eye exams. The staff is patient, friendly, and thorough, making the experience enjoyable and stress-free for both children and their parents.
Kovach Eye Institute
152 N Addison Ave # 100, Elmhurst, IL 60126
The Kovach Eye Institute is praised for their knowledgeable and welcoming staff, comprehensive exams, and advanced technology. While some patients experienced long wait times and scheduling difficulties, most reviewers enthusiastically recommend the Institute for their exceptional care and surgical outcomes.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews have mentioned that the staff at Kovach Eye Institute is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and provides excellent care. Patients appreciate the doctors taking the time to explain their eye conditions and preventive measures.
- Positive surgical outcomes: Several reviews highlight successful surgeries at Kovach Eye Institute, particularly LASIK and cataract surgeries. Patients express gratitude for improved vision and positive outcomes.
- Thorough eye exams and advanced technology: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the use of advanced technology at Kovach Eye Institute. This ensures comprehensive care and accurate diagnoses.
Advanced Vision Care
250 E Elm St, Nashville, IL 62263
This eye care center is consistently recognized for its friendly and knowledgeable staff. Patients feel cared for thanks to the thorough and detailed eye exams. The newly remodeled office and prompt service also receive positive feedback.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors and staff at this eye care center are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. This creates a comfortable and pleasant experience for patients.
- Prompt and efficient service: Reviewers appreciate the quick and efficient service provided by this eye care center. They mention being able to get in for appointments quickly and being able to order new glasses without any delays.
- Detailed explanations and thorough exams: Several reviews mention that the doctors took their time during the eye exams, explaining everything in detail and conducting thorough tests. This level of care and attention to detail helps patients feel well taken care of.
Marion Eye Center
1001 N Beadle Dr, Carbondale, IL 62901
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their helpful, friendly staff and doctors who provide pleasant patient experiences. Patients appreciate the short wait times, clean facilities, and quality care received during exams and procedures like cataract surgery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews mentioned the friendly and caring nature of the staff, making the experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Some reviews mentioned that the eye exams were thorough and the doctors took their time to ensure a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Quick turnaround time for glasses: Several reviews mentioned that the glasses were ready sooner than expected, showing efficient service in the processing of orders.
408 W 2nd St, Centralia, IL 62801
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exams. Doctors take time to explain procedures and show a caring attitude. One patient complains of being charged despite insurance coverage. Overall, reviews applaud the center’s meticulous exams and helpful glasses selection.
- Polite and respectful staff who provide thorough eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and welcoming doctors and staff who are informative and create a friendly and relaxed environment.
- Quick service, friendly environment, and helpful staff in choosing frames.
3000 Broadway St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864
Clarkson Eye Care receives excellent reviews for Dr. Troy Johnson’s professional eye exams and friendly staff. Patients comment on the thorough exams, helpful assistants, and short wait times. While a few customers note minor issues, most describe an extremely positive experience and strongly recommend the practice.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Clarkson Eye Care are thorough and comprehensive, with doctors taking the time to explain each step and address any questions or concerns.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, from the doctors to the office staff and opticians. The staff members are described as professional, polite, and knowledgeable, providing a positive and welcoming experience.
103 Clintonian Plz, Breese, IL 62230
Clarkson Eyecare in Breese, IL is well regarded for their personable and comprehensive eye exams. Patients value the expertise and professionalism of the staff, in addition to the expedient service. Dr. Kate and Dr. Rivera come highly recommended based on positive patient feedback.
- Friendly and Thorough Exam: The staff at Clarkson Eyecare in Breese, IL is highly praised for their friendly and thorough eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and Helpful Staff: Customers appreciate the knowledgeable and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service and vision care.
- Trustworthy Doctors: Multiple reviews mention the trust customers have in the doctors at Clarkson Eyecare, specifically mentioning Dr. Kate and Dr. Toy Johnson as being thorough and trustworthy in their exams and recommendations.
Marion Eye Center
2900 Broadway St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864
The eye care center is highly regarded for its professional and caring staff, knowledgeable doctors, friendly atmosphere, efficient appointment scheduling, and successful treatments like cataract surgeries and lens implants.
- Professional and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being professional, caring, and providing excellent care.
- Knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at Marion Eye Center are described as knowledgeable and skilled in their craft.
- Prompt appointments: Some reviewers mention that their appointments started on time and the staff was efficient in getting them in and out.
Provision Eyecare Inc
112 S 42nd St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864
Provision Eyecare provides excellent eye care and attentive service. Patients compliment Dr. Bass for her expertise during comprehensive exams. Her friendly, professional staff fosters a welcoming atmosphere. While mostly recommended, one patient was dissatisfied with the progressive lens refund policy.
- Excellent and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Provision Eyecare is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and provide thorough eye exams.
- Prompt and accommodating service: Patients appreciate the prompt and accommodating service at Provision Eyecare. Reviewers mention that they were able to schedule appointments quickly, and the staff went above and beyond to provide prompt and efficient care.
- Patient-centered approach: Dr. Bass and her team at Provision Eyecare are praised for their patient-centered approach. They take the time to listen to patients' concerns, find solutions, and provide personalized care. Reviewers feel that their needs and preferences are understood and respected.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.