Best Eye Doctors In Morris, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Morris Optometrists in Morris, Morris, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Morris reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Morris.
Brenart Eye Clinic
120 E Countryside Pkwy B, Yorkville, IL 60560
The Brenart Eye Clinic receives mostly glowing reviews for their kind, knowledgeable staff, prompt appointments, thorough exams, and aid in selecting eyewear. A small number critique unexpected billing and fees for contact lens fittings.
- The staff at Brenart Eye Clinic is known for being patient, accommodating, and friendly, especially when it comes to working with children during eye exams.
- Patients have consistently praised the thoroughness and quality of the eye exams performed by the doctors at Brenart Eye Clinic.
- The clinic is known to have a wide variety of high-quality frames to choose from, and the staff is helpful and kind when assisting patients with frame selection and fitting.
Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
604 Raymond Dr, Naperville, IL 60563
Wheaton Eye Clinic receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff and thorough, efficient exams. Customers especially like the children’s waiting area. A few negative reviews cited poor customer service and appointment issues, but overall they provide a positive experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff and doctors for being friendly, kind, and professional throughout the eye exam process.
- Great experience for kids: One reviewer mentioned that they had a great experience bringing their infant for an eye exam, noting that the staff was kind and gentle with their baby and that there was a special waiting area with entertainment for kids.
- Fast and efficient service: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye exam process was efficient and that they were able to get in and out of the clinic in a reasonable amount of time.
1918 Gateway Center Dr, Belvidere, IL 61008
Shopko Optical provides quality eye exams and eyewear. Dr. Steen takes time with patients, explaining procedures clearly. The staff assists customers efficiently in the bright, well-organized office. While some patients encountered high prices or insurance challenges, most describe a positive experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at Shopko Optical, including Diane, Jessica, and Dr. Steen, are helpful, friendly, and patient. They take their time to answer questions, provide thorough exams, and assist with frame selection.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers highlight the exceptional customer service at Shopko Optical. They mention that the staff is welcoming, efficient, and takes the time to properly conduct eye exams. Some reviewers also appreciate the helpfulness of the opticians in assisting them with finding the right glasses.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviewers specifically mention that Dr. Steen is thorough and detailed in her exams. They appreciate her professionalism and the way she explains the results in a clear and understandable manner. This indicates that the eye exams at Shopko Optical are comprehensive and provide valuable insights into the customers' eye health.
Advanced Rockford Eye Care
5915 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford, IL 61114
Advanced Rockford Eye Care receives mainly positive reviews praising the friendly staff, thorough exams, and professional doctors. Patients note comfortable, expertly guided exams and quality pediatric care. However, a few reviews cite high costs, confusing bills, and pressure to purchase unneeded items.
- Friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to answer questions and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Thorough and professional eye exams, with special attention given to young children.
- Knowledgeable and experienced doctors who provide options and solutions not offered by other practitioners.
Eye 2 Eye
2537 Plainfield Rd, Joliet, IL 60435
Eye 2 Eye receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly and professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and wide frame selection. They have one negative review citing problems with billing and customer service.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that their eye exams at Eye 2 Eye were thorough and professional, with the optometrists taking the time to explain everything in an easy-to-understand way.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and helpful staff at Eye 2 Eye, mentioning that they felt welcomed and taken care of during their visits.
- Wide selection of frames: Several reviews mentioned that Eye 2 Eye offers a great selection of frames at reasonable prices, making it easy to find the perfect pair of glasses.
Kovach Eye Institute
152 N Addison Ave # 100, Elmhurst, IL 60126
The Kovach Eye Institute is lauded for their knowledgeable and amiable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and welcoming atmosphere. However, appointments may involve longer wait times and scheduling challenges per some reviewers. Patients overwhelmingly commend the doctors for their proficiency and attentive care.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who provide thorough and detailed eye exams.
- The doctors and staff are professional, respectful, and personable, ensuring that patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, with state-of-the-art equipment for early detection and proper treatment of eye problems.
Von Holten Eyecare
25824 W Eames St, Channahon, IL 60410
Dr. Von Holten Eyecare Center is highly regarded for their comprehensive eye exams, courteous and knowledgeable staff, vast frame options, and outstanding customer service. Patients value Dr. Von Holten’s clear explanations of eye conditions and cutting-edge exam technology. The welcoming office offers a relaxed experience for all ages. Glasses come with a warranty for guaranteed satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable, professional, and takes the time to explain the details of the eye exam.
- Extensive frame selection: Many reviewers praise the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center, with some even mentioning that they were able to find frames they felt good in, which is unusual for them.
- High-tech, thorough eye exams: Several reviews highlight the use of advanced equipment and in-depth eye exams provided at this center, with one reviewer comparing it to a Lasik surgery exam.
Oswego Vision, Ltd.
83 Templeton Dr F, Oswego, IL 60543
The eye care center receives high marks for its welcoming staff, knowledgeable doctors, clean facilities, and COVID-19 safety measures. Patients recommend the center for eye exams, glasses, and contacts.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is welcoming, friendly, and professional. They provide excellent customer service and make patients feel comfortable throughout their visit.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Patients appreciate that the eye exams at this location are thorough and informative. The doctors take their time to answer questions and address concerns, ensuring that patients receive quality care.
- Wide range of services and products: This eye care center offers a wide range of services, including routine eye exams, contact lens fitting, and glasses selection. They also have a variety of frames to choose from. Patients value the convenience of having all their eye care needs met in one place.
Dr. Jerome Lietz, OD
1701 N Larkin Ave, Crest Hill, IL 60403
The majority of reviews praise this center’s thorough, friendly, and knowledgeable doctors, particularly with children. Helpful, attentive staff provide an enjoyable, efficient experience. A few customers did mention concerns over pricing, staff courtesy, and product returns.
- Highly skilled and friendly doctors: Multiple reviews mention the doctors being wonderful, thorough, and skilled in their examinations. They make patients feel comfortable and take the time to explain everything.
- Helpful and pleasant staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as attentive, friendly, and accommodating. They prioritize patients' needs and make eye health a top priority.
Doctors of Optometry – Louis Joliet Mall
3340 Mall Loop Dr, Joliet, IL 60435
The eye care center received mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciated the friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. Many felt they received good customer service. However, some complained of high prices and long appointment wait times.
- Quick and efficient service, with friendly staff that explains details of frames and lenses
- Thorough eye exams conducted by knowledgeable and professional doctors
- Friendly and welcoming customer service with helpful and non-pushy eyewear associates
Dr. Tanya Le and Associates
1111 Brook Forest Ave, Shorewood, IL 60404
Customers are highly satisfied with the eye care center’s friendly, professional staff and thorough, patient doctors. Many mention their children’s positive first eye exam experiences and the doctors’ clear explanations. However, one reviewer reported a negative experience with a short-tempered, impatient doctor.
- The staff is described as friendly, professional, and helpful, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams.
- The doctors are praised for being thorough, patient, and taking the time to explain each step of the eye exam in detail.
- The eye care center is equipped with up-to-date technology and new professional equipment, ensuring comprehensive and high-quality eye exams.
Rosin Eyecare – Joliet
1960 Essington Rd, Joliet, IL 60435
This eye care center receives positive feedback for friendly, courteous staff, thorough eye exams, and a wide selection of frames. Customers mention appreciating quick contact lens orders and the doctors’ professionalism.
- Friendly and courteous staff who take the time to explain the eye exam and eyewear options.
- Dr. Owens is very thorough and easy to talk to, providing great vision care.
- Quick turnaround on contact lens orders and attentive, nice front desk staff.
Joliet EyeCare Associates: Dr. Tauseef Tahir
301 Springfield Ave # 4, Joliet, IL 60435
Dr. Tahir provides exceptional eye care at Joliet Eyecare Associates. Patients rave about his attentive and thorough exams. His professional yet caring demeanor puts patients at ease as he takes time to explain procedures and address concerns. The office staff gives friendly, helpful service. The clean, comfortable office offers many stylish eyewear options. Patients highly recommend Dr. Tahir’s practice as their trusted eye care provider.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviews mention that the eye exams at this eye care center are thorough, covering everything and giving patients peace of mind.
- Excellent patient service and bedside manner: Multiple reviews highlight the caring and attentive nature of Dr. Tahir and his staff. Patients feel heard, comfortable, and well-cared for during their visits.
- Wide variety of frames for glasses: The office has a wide selection of frames for glasses, including options for men, women, and children.
Advanced Family Eyecare
24510 Lockport St Ste 100, Plainfield, IL 60544
This eye care center is highly recommended for thorough eye exams and friendly staff, especially Dr. Tuel. While most reviews are glowing, mentioning the wide selection of glasses, one reviewer complained of high prices and false charges.
- Dr. Tuel is personable, funny, and thorough during eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and helpful with insurance questions.
- They have a great selection of glasses and knowledgeable opticians.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.