Best Eye Doctors In Glen Carbon, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Glen Carbon Optometrists in Glen Carbon, Glen Carbon, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Glen Carbon reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Glen Carbon.
Metro Eye Care
6620 Center Grove Rd, Edwardsville, IL 62025
Metro Eye Care patients report exceptional experiences with their knowledgeable, friendly doctors and staff. Patients highlight the professionalism and thoroughness of Drs. Jones and Goggin. The relaxed atmosphere and high-tech equipment meet patients’ needs at reasonable prices. Many loyal customers enthusiastically recommend Metro Eye Care.
- The staff at Metro Eye Care is cordial, professional, and patient, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
- The eye exams at Metro Eye Care are thorough and detailed, with doctors taking the time to explain things clearly and ensure that patients understand their options.
Quantum Vision Center
12 Professional Park Dr, Maryville, IL 62062
Quantum Vision received mostly positive reviews praising the friendly, professional, and knowledgeable staff. Patients felt doctors thoroughly explained findings and recommendations. However, one patient experienced long wait times, miscommunication about scheduling surgery, and unresponsiveness, indicating potential issues with organization and communication.
- Efficient and Smooth Registration Process: Several reviews mention that the registration process at Quantum Vision Center went smoothly, with minimal waiting time for appointments. This indicates a well-organized system and good customer service.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews emphasize the friendliness and professionalism of the personnel at Quantum Vision Center. This positive feedback indicates a welcoming and supportive environment for patients.
- Thorough and Knowledgeable Doctors: Reviews mention that the doctors at Quantum Vision Center provided thorough eye exams and took the time to explain the results and answer questions. This suggests that the doctors are knowledgeable and prioritize patient understanding and care.
Unger Eye Care
534 Edwardsville Rd, Troy, IL 62294
Unger Eye Care is highly rated for their warm staff, knowledgeable doctors, and thorough exams. Patients commend the staff’s friendliness and caring approach, especially with anxious children. Doctors take time to explain tests and answer questions. Reviews mention costly glasses but are overwhelmingly positive about Unger’s excellent patient care and modern equipment.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who make patients, including children, feel comfortable and at ease during eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams that utilize up-to-date technology to ensure a complete assessment of vision.
All About Eyes – Collinsville
1172 Collinsville Crossing Blvd, Collinsville, IL 62234
Customers consistently highlight the knowledgeable and friendly staff, thorough eye exams, and wide eyewear selection at this highly recommended eye care center. Multiple reviews name specific staff members for providing excellent service above and beyond expectations.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful in assisting them with their eye exams and picking out glasses.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers noted that they were pleasantly surprised by the speed and efficiency of their visits, from the initial paperwork to the testing and interaction with the optometrist. The process was quick and thorough, making it convenient for those seeking routine eye exams.
- Good selection of eyewear: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye care center had a nice selection of eyewear, and the staff was helpful in assisting them with choosing frames that best suited their needs and preferences.
All About Eyes – Edwardsville
6679 Center Grove Rd, Edwardsville, IL 62025
The first customer had trouble with incorrect insurance details and unhelpful staff. The second greatly appreciated the doctor’s efficiency and staff’s compassion, singling out Chris and Sidney. The third was very satisfied with their knowledgeable optometrist and helpful team member Heather, and their new glasses.
- Quick and painless eye exam experience with knowledgeable and kind staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff that assists in finding the perfect frames for glasses.
Edwardsville Vision Center
2100 Troy Rd, Edwardsville, IL 62025
Edwardsville Vision Center receives positive reviews for their wonderful, experienced staff who provide quality care for all ages. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and helpful staff. Doctors are praised for their friendly yet professional manner, with one young but knowledgeable doctor specifically noted. Reviews highlight the positive experiences, exceptional service and caring atmosphere.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff members who provide excellent customer service during eye exams and eye care.
- Child-friendly environment: Parents specifically mention that the eye doctors at this center are great with children, making it easier for kids to have their eye exams done.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviews mention the quick wait times and efficient service at the Edwardsville Vision Center, making it easy for patients to book appointments and get in and out for their eye exams.
601 Beltline Rd, Collinsville, IL 62234
Clarkson Eyecare in Collinsville earns mostly favorable reviews. Patients commend the comprehensive eye exams administered by knowledgeable, amiable staff. However, one critique cites aggressive sales tactics and insurance processing problems. On the whole, customers recommend it as a dependable optometry office with an immaculate, inviting facility.
- Great experience with helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Clarkson Eyecare in Collinsville is friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. They take the time to explain procedures and make sure customers feel comfortable.
- Thorough and complete eye exams: Customers were impressed with the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location. They felt that the doctors took the time to evaluate their vision and provide recommendations for improvement if needed.
- Clean and safe environment: Customers felt safe and comfortable while visiting this eye care center during the COVID-19 pandemic. The office was described as clean and the staff took extra precautions to ensure the safety of their patients.
Quantum Vision Center
2421 Corporate Center, Granite City, IL 62040
Patients speak highly of the friendly, professional staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors at this well-organized eye care center. They note short wait times, detailed exam explanations, and compassionate care. However, one customer cited a dispute over a test and potentially misleading information.
- Staff is friendly, accommodating, and attentive: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the eye care center was friendly, caring, and patient. They felt well-taken care of, especially those with special needs or elderly family members.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers praised the eye exams they received, mentioning that the optometrists provided detailed explanations and recommendations. They felt confident and comfortable in their vision care moving forward, appreciating the attention and care they received.
- Quick and efficient service: Reviewers mentioned that they did not have to wait long to be seen and were able to schedule appointments easily. They appreciated the short wait times and efficient service provided by the staff and doctors at this eye care center.
6663 Edwardsville Crossing Dr, Edwardsville, IL 62025
The attendant provided inadequate lens options. The staff was efficient, friendly, and helpful in choosing frames and during the thorough exam. However, BJC employees were denied free yearly exams, and faced undisclosed charges for extra tests.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: The eye exams at this eye care center are described as thorough, with doctors taking the time to explain the process and answer questions.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and navigating insurance benefits.
- Efficient service: Several reviews comment on the efficiency of the staff and quick service provided at this location.
Eigenbrodt Vision Center
1950 Edwardsville Clb Plz, Edwardsville, IL 62025
Eigenbrodt Vision Center receives positive feedback for thorough eye exams, precise prescriptions, and attentive care for ocular and general health. Reviewers commend the friendly, professional staff. A few critiqued the automated system and employees, though most express contentment with the services and recommend the center.
- Thorough and informative eye exams provided by knowledgeable doctors.
- Wide selection of glasses and contacts with helpful staff to assist in choosing frames.
- Dr. Eigenbrodt is highly recommended for his thorough and accurate eye examinations, as well as his consideration of overall eye and general health.
Unger Eye Care – Edwardsville, IL
449 S State Rte 157 Suite 2020, Edwardsville, IL 62025
The eye care center receives consistently positive feedback. Patients describe the doctors as thorough and professional, praising the quality of care. Staff are noted to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Many reviewers say they highly recommend this facility for eye exams and treatment.
- Dr. Alice is excellent at explaining eye exam results and contact lens options.
- The staff is friendly and efficient.
- The eye exams are thorough and professional.
- The staff is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable.
- The facility is clean and uses cutting-edge technology.
- They provide vision therapy for children and make significant progress.
- They have an attentive and caring staff.
- Overall, the eye care center receives positive reviews for their knowledgeable staff, thorough exams, friendly atmosphere, and advanced technology.
3405 Nameoki Rd, Granite City, IL 62040
Customers were largely satisfied with Clarkson Eyecare, praising the professional, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors. A few mentioned longer than expected wait times and issues with glasses orders.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the doctors at Clarkson Eyecare provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams, spending ample time with each patient to ensure their needs are met.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently praise the friendly and accommodating staff at Clarkson Eyecare, mentioning that they were welcomed and assisted in a courteous manner. The staff also took the time to address insurance coverage details and help patients utilize their benefits.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.