Best Eye Doctors In East Moline, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed East Moline Optometrists in East Moline, East Moline, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze East Moline reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in East Moline.
Eye Surgeons Associates
4731 45th St Ct, Rock Island, IL 61201
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews highlighting friendly, accommodating staff and thorough exams. Despite isolated complaints about employee interactions, reviewers recommend the professional service and expertise of the center’s doctors.
- The staff at Eye Surgeons Associates are friendly and accommodating, providing a smooth and pleasant experience from check-in to checkout.
- The eye exams are thorough, with doctors and assistants who are cordial, knowledgeable, and professional.
- The optical department is helpful in assisting customers with picking out frames and working with insurance.
Rock Island Optometric Center
2501 24th St, Rock Island, IL 61201
The eye care center receives highly positive reviews for their helpful, friendly, and professional staff, as well as thorough and well-explained eye exams. Many customers recommend it as their preferred eye exam provider, expressing confidence in the doctors’ expertise.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center are helpful, friendly, and professional.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this center. They appreciated the detailed explanations provided by the optometrists and felt well-informed about the health of their eyes.
- Quality products and selection: Several reviewers mentioned the quality of the glasses and frames available at this center. They also appreciated the assistance they received from the staff in choosing the right frames for their needs.
Family Eye Care Doctors of Optometry
4703 16th St, Moline, IL 61265
The eye care center’s reviews highlight friendly, knowledgeable staff conducting thorough eye exams and efficiently serving patients. While most praise the staff and service, including prompt glasses adjustment, a couple reviewers encountered unhelpful staff. One expresses dissatisfaction with their bifocals. Overall the majority recommend the center for eye exams and glasses.
- Accommodating for walk-ins: The eye care center was able to accommodate a patient without an appointment, showing flexibility and convenience for those with busy schedules.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlight the staff's knowledge and friendliness, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment for eye exams and care.
- Quick turnaround time: Several reviewers mention that their eye exams were quick and efficient, and the glasses were ready in a short span of time, indicating efficient service and a prompt turnaround for patients.
Vision 4 Less
4703 16th St B, Moline, IL 61265
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff and efficient service. Patients report quality eye exams and appreciate the doctors’ responsiveness and expertise. Glasses are typically ready quickly. Customers are satisfied with pricing and their overall experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick turnaround time for glasses
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams
All About Eyes – Moline
4406 16th St, Moline, IL 61265
Overall, the majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting thorough exams by knowledgeable opticians and friendly staff. Some customers mention great glasses selection and prices. However, one review cites issues with customer service and broken frames.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff, noting their assistance in finding frames, explaining lens options, and answering questions.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the professionalism of the optometrists. Reviewers mention that the optometrists took their time to explain the test and results, and address any concerns or questions.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers appreciate the wide selection of frames available at the eye care center, mentioning the help they received from staff in picking out frames that suited their preferences.
4500 16th St #100, Moline, IL 61265
This eye care center receives largely favorable reviews. Patients commend the helpful and amiable staff, especially Nicole, Amber, Matthew, Edythe, Kasia, and Kasie for their assistance with frame selection, lens options, repairs, and insurance coverage. Many appreciate the excellent customer service and value offered here.
- Friendly and personable staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, specifically mentioning employees like Nicole, Amber, Matthew, Edythe, Kasia, and Kasie.
- Knowledgeable and attentive service: Customers appreciate the staff's knowledge and willingness to explain details about frames, lenses, and insurance coverage. They also note that staff members take the time to listen to their needs and provide helpful advice to ensure a satisfactory experience.
- Good selection of frames and quick service: Several reviewers mention that the eye care center offers a wide range of frames to choose from and provides efficient service, including same-day glasses availability.
Quad Cities Eye Care – SouthPark
4500 16th St Spc 100, Moline, IL 61265
Patients were highly satisfied with the friendly staff and smooth eye exam process at this eye care center. The knowledgeable doctors, especially Dr. Gregory New, were praised for clearly explaining conditions and prescriptions. Patients appreciated the accommodating walk-in appointments, quick service, and staff’s assistance in selecting eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were extremely friendly, professional, and accommodating, creating a positive customer experience.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctor: Reviewers praised Dr. Gregory New for his competence, friendly demeanor, and ability to clearly explain eye conditions and prescriptions, making them feel confident in the accuracy of their exams.
- Smooth and efficient process: Many reviews mentioned that the entire eye exam process, from check-in to selection of frames, was quick, professional, and streamlined, resulting in a satisfying experience for the customers.
Virdi Eye Clinic and Laser Vision Center
4600 30th St, Rock Island, IL 61201
The Virdi Eye Clinic in Rock Island earns mostly positive reviews for LASIK procedures and an attentive, professional staff. Patients commend Dr. Borisuth and Susan for their expertise and care. However, one patient cited issues with scheduling and long wait times. Overall, the clinic comes highly recommended for quality eye care.
- Highly professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews praised the staff at Virdi Eye Clinic for their friendliness, helpfulness, and professionalism. From the initial consultation to the actual procedure, patients felt comfortable and well-taken care of by the staff.
- Successful LASIK and eye surgeries: Many patients reported positive outcomes and successful procedures, particularly for LASIK and cataract surgeries. They were happy with their improved vision and expressed satisfaction with the results.
- Great customer service and personalized care: Reviewers appreciated the personalized care they received at Virdi Eye Clinic. They felt that the doctors and staff took the time to answer their questions, explain the procedures thoroughly, and make them feel comfortable throughout the process.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
1601 18th Street, Silvis, IL 61282
The eye care center enjoys glowing reviews for its friendly, helpful staff. Patients describe the doctor and front desk as professional, kind, and knowledgeable. Customers have had positive experiences with glasses, exams, and optometry questions. Most say they will return and recommend this highly rated, customer-focused eye care center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Customers consistently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center, making the overall experience enjoyable.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctor: Reviewers appreciate the doctor's friendly demeanor and willingness to answer questions, suggesting that they are not only approachable but also possess expertise in optometry.
- Positive experience with glasses: Multiple customers express satisfaction with their glasses, indicating that the eye care center can provide quality eyewear options.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.