Best Eye Doctors In Crestwood, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Crestwood Optometrists in Crestwood, Crestwood, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Crestwood reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Crestwood.
Absolute Vision Care (Crestwood)
5553 W 127th St, Crestwood, IL 60418
Absolute Vision Care provides excellent eye exams and attentive care from Drs. Doherty and Peterson. Patients appreciate the thorough exams and friendly staff. Many loyal patients return for the exceptional quality of care and warm atmosphere.
- Highly skilled and thorough doctors: Both Dr. Doherty and Dr. Peterson are praised for their thoroughness during eye exams. They take the time to understand medical history and explain the steps necessary to correct vision weaknesses.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Absolute Vision Care is consistently described as friendly, welcoming, and professional. Patients feel comfortable and well-taken care of throughout their entire visit.
- Quality eyecare and accurate prescriptions: Patients consistently report that their prescriptions are accurate and that Absolute Vision Care gets their prescription right the first time. The practice is recommended for anyone in need of vision care.
Ticho Eye Associates
10436 SW Hwy #2, Chicago Ridge, IL 60415
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable doctors, thorough eye exams, helpful staff, efficient operations, great selection of glasses, and excellent patient care. Patients comment on the doctors’ and staff’s experience, willingness to address concerns, and skill working with both children and adults. Overall, reviewers recommend the center for quality eye care.
- Friendly and informative optometrists: Dr. Koutnik and Dr. Ticho were praised for their friendliness and thoroughness in explaining eye issues and examination details.
- Efficient and helpful staff: The receptionists, front desk, and optical center staff were commended for their kindness, organization, and assistance in choosing glasses.
- Good experience with children: The doctors and staff showed excellent interaction and patience when dealing with younger patients, making it a recommended place for pediatric eye care.
Dr. Deborah Cope, Optometrist, and Associates – Midlothian
14702 Cicero Ave, Midlothian, IL 60445
Most reviewers compliment the friendly, knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and excellent customer service. However, one customer had issues with their lens prescription and was unhappy with the lack of refund or discount offered. Overall, most customers seem satisfied with their experiences here and would recommend this eye care center to others.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's friendliness and professionalism, making patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviewers appreciated the detailed and thorough explanation of their eye exam results by the optometrists, indicating a high level of expertise and care.
- Great customer service: Many reviews praised the customer service provided by the staff, highlighting their helpfulness, efficiency, and willingness to assist with choosing frames and lenses.
Advanced Eye Care Professionals
10320 S Cicero Ave, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Overall, while reviewers commend the professional and thorough eye exams by Drs. Hogan and Polanek, some mention long wait times and issues with office managers. Many applaud the friendly assistance of staff like Linda and Erin Brennan.
- Friendly and personable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, creating a welcoming and pleasant environment for eye care.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors: Many reviewers specifically mentioned the expertise and professionalism of the doctors, highlighting their thoroughness in performing eye exams and addressing any concerns or questions.
- Great selection of frames: One reviewer specifically mentioned the assistance received in selecting glasses frames, emphasizing the staff's ability to recommend suitable options based on individual needs and preferences.
14702 Cicero Ave, Midlothian, IL 60445
Overall, while most reviews praised the welcoming staff and thorough eye exams, a few criticisms mentioned poor customer service, prescription errors, long waits for glasses, and hidden fees.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center are welcoming, friendly, and helpful, creating a comfortable and positive experience for the patients.
- Flexible and accommodating: Reviewers appreciate the center's flexibility with scheduling appointments, allowing for convenience and ease when planning eye exams.
- Comprehensive eye exams and recommendations: The center provides thorough eye exams, as mentioned by reviewers who appreciate the detailed assessments. Additionally, if they identify a problem they cannot address themselves, they will recommend another specialist who can assist, showing a commitment to the patients' eye health and overall well-being.
Palos Eye Professionals
12306 S Harlem Ave Suite 102, Palos Heights, IL 60463
Patients largely had positive experiences at this eye care center, praising the professional and compassionate staff including receptionists, assistants, opticians, and doctors. Reviews also complimented the office’s atmosphere and eyewear selection. However, some critiqued follow-up care, rushed appointments, and potentially unnecessary treatments.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Excellent selection of eyeglass frames at all price points
- Compassionate and accommodating doctors
- Friendly and helpful office staff
- Up-to-date technology and expertise in eye care
Premier Family Vision Care
12131 S Harlem Ave, Palos Heights, IL 60463
Overall, reviewers indicate exceptional service from the knowledgeable, professional doctors and friendly staff at this eye care center. A singular concern emerged regarding administrative billing issues, though most patients strongly recommend the practice for its thorough exams and pleasant experiences.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the doctors and staff at the eye care center are knowledgeable, professional, and provide excellent care. They take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable.
- Prompt and efficient service: Several reviews highlight the fast and efficient service provided by the eye care center. Patients appreciate the quick turnaround time for getting their glasses made and receiving new frames when their glasses break.
- Family-friendly environment: Many reviewers mention the eye care center's ability to cater to the needs of their entire family, including children. The doctors are patient and accommodating, particularly with children and individuals with special needs like Autism. The friendly and welcoming staff make the entire experience enjoyable for both adults and children.
Union Eyes LLC – Crestwood
4738 Cal Sag Rd, Crestwood, IL 60445
Customers remarked on Union Eyes’ smooth process, welcoming staff, and informative service. Patients felt comfortable with the eye doctors and staff’s customer service. They also appreciated the comprehensive exams using advanced technology.
- Friendly and informative staff
- Excellent customer service and welcoming atmosphere
- Thorough and professional eye exams with advanced technology
3402 W 111th St, Chicago, IL 60655
Lunettes Family Eyecare provides attentive service and quality eyewear. Patients commend Dr. Langle and staff for their friendliness and expertise during appointments. The office’s stylish, modern aesthetic and extensive selection of frames also draw praise. Customers consistently rate Lunettes as a premier eye care provider.
- Wide selection of glasses: Customers appreciate the great selection of glasses available at Lunettes, especially for children.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the kind and knowledgeable staff members, from the receptionist to the optometrist. Reviewers appreciate the thorough service and the staff's willingness to answer questions and address concerns.
- Compassionate and efficient eye care: Many reviewers mention the compassionate and thorough care they received from Dr. Langle. The office is described as efficient and professional, with attention to detail during eye exams.
7110 W 127th St #110, Palos Heights, IL 60463
The eye care center provides exceptional care from its friendly, skilled doctors who make patients of all ages feel at ease during exams. Their vision therapy notably improves academic performance in children. The professional, welcoming staff receives consistent praise. Dr. Marini’s kindness and late hour availability further the center’s stellar reputation for compassionate expertise.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center was friendly and welcoming, creating a positive and comfortable experience for both children and adults.
- Expertise and effectiveness in vision therapy: The center appears to have expertise in vision therapy, helping children improve their vision and performance at school. Multiple reviews mention noticeable improvement in their children's performance after receiving vision therapy.
- Availability and responsiveness: One review mentions that the doctor was available even at midnight and provided prompt and caring assistance. This demonstrates the center's commitment to patient care and willingness to go above and beyond to help their patients.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
4861 Cal Sag Rd, Crestwood, IL 60418
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly staff, efficient service, and knowledgeable doctors. A few customers did report some issues with glasses, customer service, and use of technology.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and attentive staff members, including the receptionists, eye doctors, technicians, and managers.
- Efficient and fast service: Several reviewers mentioned that they were able to complete their eye exams and glasses orders quickly, with minimal waiting time.
- Reasonable prices and broad variety of glasses: One reviewer found the prices for frames to be very reasonable, and another mentioned a wide range of glasses options at different price points.
3457 W 111th St, Chicago, IL 60655
The majority of reviews laud the quality of eye exams and attentive staff. However, some mention poor customer service like canceled appointments and discourteous employees. In general, most customers recommend this eye care center for its professional and amiable service.
- Best eye exam with contacts that don't cause discomfort - Highly recommended.
- Easy and smooth process for eye exams and contact lens fitting, with friendly and helpful staff.
- Great selection of glasses, friendly staff, and personalized service with attention to detail.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.