Best Eye Doctors In Arlington Heights, IL
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Arlington Heights Optometrists in Arlington Heights, Arlington Heights, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Arlington Heights reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Arlington Heights.
Northwest Eye Physicians
1588 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Most patients were pleased with the eye care center, noting the doctors’ professionalism, expertise, and clear explanations during thorough exams. The efficient, friendly staff and modern, on-site facility also garnered praise. Despite a few negative comments, most reviewers recommended this practice.
- Dr. Wood is highly skilled and takes the time to explain procedures and care to patients.
- The office staff is efficient and professional, providing thorough exams and clear explanations.
1700 E Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Customers recommend this eye care center for its informative, thorough eye exams by knowledgeable doctors and friendly, professional staff ensuring an efficient process. However, some customers had frustrating experiences with eyewear staff lacking knowledge. Overall, most reviews are positive.
- The doctors at this eye care center take the time to provide thorough and informative eye exams, ensuring patients understand their eye health.
- The staff are friendly and personable, making the overall experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- The process of getting an eye exam, choosing frames, and ordering glasses is quick and efficient, with some appointments taking less than 45 minutes.
Doctors of Optometry – Arlington Heights
450 E Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
The eye care center is well-regarded for its professional yet welcoming staff, efficient eye exams, and knowledgeable doctors. Patients commend specific providers for taking time to be thorough and explain things clearly. Though predominantly positive, a couple reviews cited difficulties booking appointments and occasional lapses in customer service.
- Welcoming and professional staff
- Thorough and detailed eye exams
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors and staff
450 E Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
The Rand Road Arlington Heights LensCrafters receives glowing reviews for its professional and courteous staff, pristine facilities, and extensive frame options. Patients commend knowledgeable, attentive optometrists like Drs. Nikogosian and Wojcik. However, one customer did report unsatisfactory experiences with Dr. Brennan and a front desk employee.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff and optometrists at this eye care center as being professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They provide a great experience for eye exams and help customers find the right frames or contact lenses.
- Accommodating and helpful: Reviewers appreciate the helpfulness and accommodation of the staff. They were able to schedule appointments quickly, answer questions patiently, and provide temporary solutions when needed.
- Excellent doctors: Several reviews specifically mention the excellence of specific doctors, such as Dr. Karina Nikogosian and Dr. Nancy Wojcik. These doctors are praised for their thoroughness, knowledge, and care for their patients.
Dr. Steve Pelitsky, Optometrist, and Associates – Arlington Heights
704 E Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
The eye care center receives highly positive reviews for its professional, knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Steve Pelitsky. Patients appreciate the convenient online booking and welcoming atmosphere. The attentive service and positive experiences make this a recommended choice for eye care.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Easy and convenient online appointment booking.
- Welcoming and friendly front desk team.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams.
- Attentive and caring service.
- Excellent customer service with helpful and informative explanations.
- Accommodating and prompt service.
- Affordable frames and lenses with insurance coverage.
Palermo Eye Care
18 S Evergreen Ave, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Patients consistently commend Palermo Eye Care for their attentive doctors and helpful staff. Drs. Laura and Mario Palermo offer thorough eye exams in a clean office environment. Patients appreciate the staff’s friendliness when assisting with frames and insurance. Palermo Eye Care comes highly recommended for quality, personalized eye care.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: The staff at Palermo Eye Care is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, making patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough Eye Exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at Palermo Eye Care. The optometrists take the time to explain the results and address any concerns or questions that the patients may have.
- Excellent Customer Service: The staff at Palermo Eye Care is praised for their exceptional customer service. Patients mention that the staff is attentive, patient, and helpful in assisting with frame selection and understanding insurance coverage.
Mark J. Piotrowski, M.D.
1100 W Central Rd #205, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
The eye care center is highly rated for efficient, professional service. Patients appreciate the experienced, knowledgeable staff who explain procedures thoroughly. While some note longer waits and costly glasses, most recommend this practice.
- Effortless and professional annual eye exam experience.
- Efficient and knowledgeable staff that provide thorough evaluations and treatments.
- Highly competent and caring doctor who takes the time to answer all questions and explain procedures.
Dr. David Badawi
3030 Salt Creek Ln Suite 300, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Dr. Badawi provides comprehensive eye exams at Central Eye Care. Multiple reviewers describe the staff as professional and attentive. The clinic offers advanced technology in a well-run, pleasant environment.
- Dr. Badawi provides thorough and complete eye exams, making patients feel well taken care of.
- The clinic is well-run, professionally staffed, and equipped with advanced medical technologies.
- Dr. Badawi is knowledgeable, friendly, and patient, taking the time to explain the results and answer questions.
Arlington Eye Physicians LLC
1604 W Central Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff, knowledgeable and caring doctors, and comfortable facility. A few negative reviews cite issues with unhelpful receptionists, limited parking, and long wait times. However, most patients give high recommendations for the doctors.
- Well-trained staff and friendly personnel: The personnel in the waiting area are very friendly and helpful, and the nursing staff are all extremely well trained and very helpful.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are highly knowledgeable and compassionate. They take the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide proper care and treatment.
- Professional and prompt service: The staff and doctors at this eye care center are professional, prompt, and courteous. They provide a high level of service and accommodate patients' needs efficiently.
Mt Prospect Eye Care
117 S Emerson St, Mt Prospect, IL 60056
Customers speak highly of the eye care center, describing the staff as friendly and patient and the environment as clean and inviting. Dr. Olteanu comes highly recommended for his professionalism, thorough exams, and skill with children. Many customers have highlighted the attentive service and eye care expertise, noting they will return for future appointments.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews highlight the sweet, patient, and professional nature of the staff at the eye care center, making patients feel comfortable and well-taken care of.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Dr. Olteanu is praised for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, going above and beyond by discovering things other doctors missed. Patients appreciate her exact descriptions, willingness to answer questions, and ensuring understanding.
- Convenient and efficient service: The eye care center offers prompt appointments, minimal waiting time, and efficient processes. Patients appreciate the ability to schedule appointments easily and the convenience of getting eye exams, purchasing glasses, and receiving treatments in one place.
58 S Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly and knowledgeable staff, patient and thorough doctor, and quality care for both adults and children. A couple reviews cite issues with sales pressure and appointment availability. In general, customers recommend the center for eye exams and glasses.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service.
- The eye doctors are patient, thorough, and explain everything clearly while addressing any questions or concerns.
- They offer a wide selection of fashionable frames and provide assistance in choosing frames that fit well and suit individual preferences.
1980 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
The eye care center received a majority of positive reviews highlighting thorough, professional eye exams by Dr. Kao and the helpful expertise of staff members Winnie and Sheila for frame selection and customer service. However, they received one negative review for being unable to conduct an eye exam for a nonverbal autistic child. In general, customers appreciated their wide selection of frames and attentive staff.
- The staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable, friendly, and provides excellent customer service.
- The eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center are thorough and comprehensive.
- The center offers a great selection of frames that are not just run-of-the-mill, with regular specials and deals on lenses or second pairs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Illinois
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.97% of people aged 40-64 and 7.75% of people aged 65+ in Illinois were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Illinois, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Illinois
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Illinois.
- The In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (8.23%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Illinois in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.22%) compared to the overall population (4.17%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Illinois
- In Illinois, 4.17% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Illinois
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.46% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.97% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Illinois face even higher rates at 7.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Illinois
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Illinois.
- 8.23% of those with diabetes and 6.22% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Illinois
- Early vision care is crucial, with 66.86% of children in Illinois having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.02% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Illinois
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.17% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Illinois.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.