Best LASIK Surgeon In Carrollton, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 111 LASIK Surgeons in Carrollton, GA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 12389 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Carrollton.
200 Galleria Pkwy Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339
Patients had a great overall experience with the lasik surgeon practice. They praised the knowledgeable and friendly staff, the quick and painless procedure, and the life-changing results of improved vision. Some minor issues with scheduling and staff communication were mentioned, but overall, patients highly recommended the practice.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Many reviewers mention that the doctors and staff at this lasik surgeon practice are knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They are praised for answering questions, explaining the procedure, and making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Excellent results: Numerous reviewers express their satisfaction with the results of their lasik surgery. Many mention achieving 20/15 vision or better and being able to see clearly without glasses or contacts for the first time in years.
- Quick and painless procedure: Multiple reviewers highlight the ease and speed of the lasik procedure at this practice. They mention that the surgery itself is quick, often lasting less than 15 minutes, and that they experienced little to no pain during or after the procedure.
Woolfson Eye Institute - Atlanta / Sandy Springs
800 Mount Vernon Hwy NE #130, Atlanta, GA 30328
Patients have praised Dr. Woolfson and his staff for their skilled and efficient lasik surgery procedures. Many experienced immediate improvements in their vision and expressed gratitude for the positive impact on their quality of life. Patients also appreciated the promptness and professionalism of the staff, as well as the thorough explanations and personalized care provided by the doctors.
- Impressive Vision Improvement: Many reviewers praised the lasik surgeon practice for the significant and immediate improvement in their vision after the procedure. Some even reported attaining better vision than with glasses or contacts.
- Courteous and Knowledgeable Staff: Multiple reviewers appreciated the professionalism and expertise of the staff, describing them as courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. They felt that their questions were answered to their satisfaction, and their appointments ran smoothly.
- Skilled Surgeons: Numerous reviewers commended the skill and competency of the surgeons at the practice. They felt confident in their capabilities and appreciated their attention to detail. Some specifically mentioned Dr. Woolfson, Dr. Cook, Dr. Covington & Macci, Dr. Brody, Dr. Walrath, Dr. Z, Dr. Korotana, and Dr. Hays for their expertise and quality of care.
Marietta Eye Clinic
8841 Hospital Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134
The lasik surgeon practice has received many positive reviews praising the friendly and competent staff who take the time to make patients feel comfortable. Patients also appreciate Dr. Low's warm and engaging demeanor, as well as her efficiency and informative approach. The practice is known for providing excellent care with professionalism and integrity, making patients feel important and well-cared for.
- Friendly and competent staff: The staff at this lasik surgeon practice is known for being friendly and competent, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Prompt and professional service: Patients appreciate the promptness and professionalism of the practice, with efficient appointments and minimal wait times.
- Highly recommended: Many patients highly recommend this practice, praising the doctors for their expertise, the staff for their professionalism, and the overall quality of care provided.
Milan Eye Center
3775 Roswell Rd Suite 150, Marietta, GA 30062
The positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the thoroughness and professionalism of the staff. Patients appreciate the friendly and caring demeanor of the staff, particularly mentioning specific individuals like Kevin, Dahlia, and Drs. Vira and Ro. The facility is praised for being clean and the surgeries are described as successful, with patients experiencing improved vision.
- Thorough and professional staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff at the lasik surgeon practice for being thorough, caring, and professional. They take the time to gather information, explain procedures, and address concerns, providing a high level of service.
- Excellent results: Several reviewers mention successful cataract surgery and improved vision after their procedures. They are pleased with the sharpness and clarity of their eyesight.
- Friendly and personable: Many reviewers highlight the friendly and personable nature of the staff, making them feel comfortable and welcomed. The front desk staff and technicians are particularly commended for their kindness and knowledge.
Atlanta Vision Laser and Cataract Center
3619 S Fulton Ave #101, Hapeville, GA 30354
The positive reviews for this lasik surgeon practice consistently mention the friendly and professional staff as well as the caring nature and expertise of Dr. Achiron. Many reviewers specifically mention the successful restoration of their vision and their overall satisfaction with the results. The convenience of the location and the quick services provided are also highlighted as positive aspects of the practice.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice is nice, caring, and attentive towards patients. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients to receive their treatment.
- Expertise in treating specific eye conditions: The lasik surgeon, Dr. Achiron, is highly recommended by patients who have keratoconus, a progressive eye condition. These patients have experienced significant improvement in their vision under his care. Dr. Achiron is also praised for his knowledge and ability to handle general ophthalmology and more advanced cases of eye diseases.
- Successful Lasik surgeries: Numerous reviews express satisfaction with the lasik surgeries performed by Dr. Achiron. Patients report improved vision and praise Dr. Achiron for his skill and attention to detail during the surgical procedure. Lasik patients also appreciate the affordable prices offered by the practice compared to others in Atlanta.
LasikPlus: Dr. Eugene Smith
200 Galleria Pkwy Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339
Patients praised the lasik surgeon practice for their helpful and understanding staff, comfortable and hospitable offices, and quick and painless procedures. Many experienced improved vision the day after the surgery and expressed their satisfaction with the results. Dr. Smith was specifically highlighted for his professionalism and attentiveness, with some patients mentioning that he personally called to check on their progress. Overall, the positive reviews emphasized the life-changing benefits of the procedure and recommended the practice to others.
- Excellent staff: The staff at the lasik surgeon practice is consistently described as friendly, helpful, and understanding. They provide comforting support and answer all questions during the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure: Many reviewers mention that the procedure itself is quick, painless, and worth it. They report improved vision as early as one day after the surgery.
- Highly skilled surgeon: Dr. Smith is highly praised for his expertise and professionalism. His patients report excellent post-surgery results, with some still seeing 20/20 or 20/15 vision years after their procedures. He also personally calls patients to check on their progress and address any concerns.
Atlanta Vision Institute
1841 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30309
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice highlight the great results achieved through the SMILE laser surgery performed by Dr. Ashraf, with many patients experiencing significantly improved vision and near-perfect results. Patients appreciated the professionalism, knowledge, and expertise of Dr. Ashraf and his staff. The friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the office was also mentioned, contributing to a positive overall experience for patients.
- Great SMILE Laser surgery results - Many reviewers mentioned that their vision significantly improved after undergoing SMILE Laser surgery with Dr. Ashraf. They experienced near-perfect vision, with some reaching 20/20 vision.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctor - Reviewers praised Dr. Ashraf for his expertise and professionalism. They felt comfortable and confident in his abilities, as he took the time to explain the procedure and address any concerns or questions.
- Friendly and helpful staff - The staff members at Dr. Ashraf's practice were described as friendly, welcoming, and professional. They provided excellent customer service and were quick to address any issues or concerns that arose.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article