Best LASIK Surgeon In Brunswick, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 106 LASIK Surgeons in Brunswick, GA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 1453 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Brunswick.
Gulani Vision Institute
8075 Gate Parkway W Suite 102 & 103, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Dr. Gulani is highly recommended by patients for his expertise and personalized care. Many patients have experienced significant improvements in their vision after surgeries performed by Dr. Gulani, such as Lencoplastque and Lazrplastique. The surgical suite and staff at the Gulani Vision Institute are praised for providing a comfortable and caring environment.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable: Dr. Gulani has successfully diagnosed and treated a range of eye issues that other doctors couldn't. Patients have experienced significant improvements in their vision, even after failed surgeries or complex cases.
- Personalized and attentive care: Dr. Gulani treats each patient as a unique individual, taking the time to answer questions and address concerns. The small, personalized surgery suite creates a more comfortable and caring environment for patients.
- Innovative and effective techniques: Dr. Gulani utilizes advanced techniques such as Lenzoplastique and NICE to provide excellent outcomes for his patients. These procedures have helped restore vision and fix eye problems with minimal discomfort or pain.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8705 Perimeter Park Blvd Suite 10, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Overall, the positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight several key points. Firstly, the staff is consistently described as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Patients appreciate that the doctors take the time to explain the procedure and are supportive throughout the process. The surgery itself is often described as quick and painless, with many reviewers expressing satisfaction with their improved vision and the life-changing effects of the procedure.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention that the staff at the lasik surgeon practice was friendly, informative, and made them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Experienced surgeons: Reviewers highlight that the surgeons at the practice were experienced and skillful. They were able to address complications quickly and effectively, ensuring a successful procedure.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers express their satisfaction with the surgery, stating that it was a life-changing experience. They report improved vision and being able to see without glasses or contacts, leading to greater freedom and convenience in their daily lives.
Atlantic Eye Institute: Intracoastal
13457 Atlantic Blvd #5, Jacksonville, FL 32225
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Customers consistently mention the excellent customer service, professionalism, and efficiency of the office. The staff is described as friendly, thorough, and compassionate, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for. The surgeons themselves are praised for their skill, knowledge, and ability to explain procedures clearly. Customers also appreciate the convenience of multiple locations and ample parking.
- Excellent customer service: The practice has a reputation for providing excellent customer service, as mentioned by multiple reviewers. They are described as professional, friendly, welcoming, and thorough in addressing questions and concerns.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors at the practice for their expertise and compassion. They take the time to explain procedures and address any concerns, making patients feel comfortable and well cared for.
- Efficient and organized: The practice is described as professional, efficient, and well-organized. Reviewers mention minimal wait times, thorough eye exams, and a smooth LASIK procedure experience. This suggests that the practice values efficiency and ensures that patients have a streamlined and positive experience.
LasikPlus: Dr. T. Christopher McCurry
8705 Perimeter Park Blvd Suite 10, Jacksonville, FL 32216
Overall, the positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice highlight the great experience, professionalism, and caring nature of the staff. Patients appreciate the quick and painless surgery, as well as the clear improvement in their vision. The surgeons and staff are praised for their attention to detail, answering questions, and personalized care throughout the process. Many reviewers highly recommend this practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Efficient and Convenient: LasikPlus offers same-day consultations and surgeries, allowing patients to have a streamlined experience without multiple visits.
- Professional and Knowledgeable Staff: Many reviewers mentioned the professionalism and expertise of the medical staff at LasikPlus, ensuring that patients feel confident and well-cared for throughout the process.
- Life-changing Results: Numerous reviewers expressed their satisfaction with the outcome of their surgery, describing it as a life-changing experience that improved their vision significantly.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article