Best Eye Doctors In Tucker, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Tucker Optometrists in Tucker, Tucker, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Tucker reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Tucker.
Diamond Vision – LASIK and Laser Eye Surgery in Atlanta
100 Crescent Centre Pkwy #240, Tucker, GA 30084
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews, with customers reporting satisfaction with their experience, including results, professional and friendly staff, personalized care, and doctor explanations. A few negative reviews concerned pricing and post-procedure eye drops, but the center largely provides a positive experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Diamond Vision Atlanta is welcoming, friendly, and professional. They make patients feel comfortable and answer all their questions, creating a positive experience.
- Informative and personalized care: Patients appreciate that the staff takes the time to explain procedures, recommendations, and aftercare in detail. They personalize their care to each patient, ensuring that they feel informed and confident throughout the process.
- Successful outcomes: Many reviews mention that patients are highly satisfied with the results of their eye surgeries at Diamond Vision Atlanta. They experience improved vision and express happiness with the success of the procedures.
Atlanta Eye Group
4800 Briarcliff Rd NE #1173, Atlanta, GA 30345
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly staff and comprehensive exams. Multiple reviewers highlight Dr. Steven Warstadt’s expertise and congenial bedside manner. A few critiques cite unprofessional front desk staff and one instance of uncompassionate care.
- Friendly and thorough staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, professional, and thorough in their eye exams. They appreciated the detailed explanations and the willingness of the doctors to answer their questions.
- Convenient appointments and minimal wait time: Several reviewers mentioned that it was easy and quick to book an appointment at this location. They also appreciated that they were taken in for their eye exams promptly, even if they arrived early.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: Reviewers spoke highly of the doctors at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Steven Warstadt. They praised his expertise, patience, and ability to make them feel comfortable during the exam. Some mentioned that they had been seeing Dr. Warstadt for many years and had never been disappointed with their prescriptions or the thoroughness of their exams.
Georgia Eye Associates
2368 Main St Suite #2, Tucker, GA 30084
Georgia Eye Associates provides thorough exams and friendly service, though some mention high costs for glasses and occasional disorganization. Patients widely recommend their excellent, trustworthy doctors.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Georgia Eye Associates is friendly, professional, and helpful. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Many reviewers praise the thoroughness and efficiency of the eye exams performed at this location. The doctors take their time to explain the results and recommend appropriate treatments, ensuring that patients receive high-quality care.
- Insurance assistance: Some customers appreciate that the staff at Georgia Eye Associates help them maximize their insurance coverage, ensuring that they get the most out of their benefits. This shows that the clinic is committed to providing affordable eye care options for their patients.
4153 Lawrenceville Hwy Ste 5, Lilburn, GA 30047
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews highlighting Dr. Anderson’s caring approach during exams. Patients describe the staff as friendly, helpful, prompt, and professional. However, one negative review mentions pushy staff pressuring a patient to buy glasses. While an isolated complaint, it’s worth noting. Still, knowledgeable doctors and attentive service make this a recommended practice.
- Dr. Anderson and his staff are highly praised for their kindness, care, and professionalism during eye exams.
- The office provides state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring a thorough and efficient eye exam process.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, making sure patients feel comfortable and addressing their concerns.
4800 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Customers noted the friendly and patient staff, thorough eye exams by Drs. Patel and Warstadt, and attentive service from the sales team. While most experiences were positive, some expressed concerns over long wait times, appointment issues, and problems with glasses fittings.
- Friendly and patient staff: Customers consistently mention that the staff at this eye care center, particularly Tavre, Myra, and Erin, were friendly, patient, and provided excellent customer service.
- Thorough and modern eye exams: Reviewers state that the eye exams at this location were thorough, modern, and provided helpful explanations of their prescription and eye health. Dr. Sonal Patel and Dr. Warstadt are specifically mentioned as knowledgeable and thorough.
- Note: The pros are based on the positive reviews provided and may not reflect the overall experience at the eye care center. It’s always important to consider a variety of reviews before making a decision.
Druid Hills Eye Care
1781 Clairmont Rd, Decatur, GA 30033
Druid Hills Eye Care patients appreciate the friendly staff, efficient service, and thorough exams. Dr. Solomon draws praise for his personable, attentive care. A couple negative reviews cited customer service issues, high prices, and concerning prescription practices. However, most reviewers had positive experiences and recommend this office.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Druid Hills Eye Care are welcoming, helpful, and efficient. They are described as being patient, knowledgeable, and attentive to concerns about vision.
- Comprehensive eye exams: Reviewers appreciate that they can get a thorough eye exam for glasses and contacts during a single appointment. The doctors are commended for their efficiency and ensuring that the prescription is accurate, even in cases of astigmatism.
- Excellent eye care: The eye care center is praised for their detailed eye exams, state-of-the-art equipment, and commitment to quality. Reviewers have had positive experiences with the doctors, who have accurately diagnosed and treated eye conditions, including cataracts and herpes simplex B.
GEORGIA EYE CENTER
4135 Lavista Rd Ste 100, Tucker, GA 30084
Dr. Jones of Georgia Eye Center is lauded for his meticulous exams and attentive care. His diagnostic skill and treatment of ocular conditions is valued by patients. The congenial, well-informed staff enhances the overall positive experience. Less favorable comments cite communication issues and appointment scheduling difficulties.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Georgia Eye Center prioritize customer service and make patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visit. They take the time to explain options and ensure informed decision-making.
- Thorough and advanced exams: Patients praise Dr. Jones for providing thorough and advanced eye exams. He uses advanced technology to diagnose and monitor various eye conditions, ensuring comprehensive care.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff: The staff at Georgia Eye Center is knowledgeable and caring, providing personalized attention and addressing any concerns or questions. Patients appreciate the professionalism and nurturing approach of the entire team.
4104 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA 30084
The majority of reviews praise the helpful and professional staff, and appreciate the thorough eye exams and large frame selection. However, some experienced issues with prescriptions and staff professionalism.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff at this eye care center, mentioning specific employees by name such as Gary Bragg, Omar, Sole, Makayia, and Makel.
- Great selection of frames: Customers appreciated the wide range of designer frames available at this location, with brands like Gucci and Dolce and Gabbana mentioned. Some reviewers specifically mentioned leaving with two pairs of glasses for a great price.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.