Best Eye Doctors In Milledgeville, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Milledgeville Optometrists in Milledgeville, Milledgeville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Milledgeville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Milledgeville.
Brilliant Eyes Vision Center
2450 Atlanta Rd SE Suite 200, Smyrna, GA 30080
Brilliant Eyes Vision Center customers appreciate the ease of booking appointments, professional staff, and Dr. Davison’s informative exams. They also enjoy the large frame selection and welcoming atmosphere. One customer had a frustrating contact lens experience with a former technician.
- Easy appointment scheduling process
- Well-informed and professional staff
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Wide selection of high-quality glasses and frames
Eyeclectic Vision Source
2020 Howell Mill Rd NW Suite #37, Atlanta, GA 30318
Eyeclectic provides a friendly and efficient experience, with quick exams from expert doctors like Nguyen and Knouff. Patients highlight the professionalism and bedside manner of the staff, particularly David and Larry. The office features modern equipment, extensive frames, and clean facilities. Eyeclectic offers easy, thorough eye exams and attentive customer service.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, specifically mentioning individuals like David, Larry, Bri, Jasmine, Erin, Jessica, and Bre. They make patients feel welcome and provide personalized assistance in frame selection and answering questions.
- Efficient and fast service: Reviewers consistently highlight the efficiency and speed of the eye exams, check-in process, and the overall visit. They appreciate not having to wait long and being attended to quickly.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Several reviews praise the optometrists, specifically mentioning Dr. Knouff and Dr. Nguyen. They are described as thorough, knowledgeable, and taking the time to explain things during the exam. Patients appreciate feeling heard and valued during their visit.
Lake Oconee Eye Care
6061 Lake Oconee Pkwy, Greensboro, GA 30642
Lake Oconee Eye Care receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly, professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and quality customer service. One reviewer did note delays in receiving ordered products. Overall, patients recommend the knowledgeable doctors at this practice for their attentive care.
- Efficient and timely service: Multiple reviews mention minimal wait times and quick appointments, with one reviewer expressing gratitude for being able to get an appointment within an hour.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Reviews consistently mention that the doctors at Lake Oconee Eye Care are professional, thorough, and take the time to explain everything. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviews commend the friendly and courteous staff members at Lake Oconee Eye Care, noting that they are attentive, patient, and provide excellent customer service.
Tulman Eye Group
880 Crestmark Dr #101, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
The eye care center receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for its professional, thorough exams and friendly, helpful staff. Patients also note the office’s cleanliness and safety measures. A couple reviews cited rushed service or negative staff interactions, but these appear to be rare occurrences given the large number of satisfied customers.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the detailed and thorough eye exams provided by the doctors at Tulman Eye Group. Patients appreciate the level of care and attention given during the exams, and feel that they receive more comprehensive exams compared to other eye care centers.
- Friendly and patient staff: Reviewers frequently mention the friendly and patient staff at Tulman Eye Group. From the front desk to the assistants and opticians, patients feel welcomed and well taken care of. The staff is praised for their professionalism and willingness to answer questions and address concerns.
- Clean and safe environment: Several reviews mention the cleanliness and sanitization measures taken at the eye care center. Patients appreciate the precautions taken to ensure their safety, especially during the ongoing pandemic.
Ross Eyecare Group
2625 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Ross Eyecare provides quality eye exams and attentive customer service. Staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, ensuring a positive patient experience. Doctors take the time to be thorough, explain procedures, and address patient concerns.
- High-quality eye exams and customer service: Reviewers consistently praise the quality of the eye exams and customer service provided at Ross Eyecare, stating that the exams are comprehensive and the staff is attentive and professional.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviewers mention that the doctors at Ross Eyecare take the time to listen to their concerns and provide thorough explanations during the eye exams. They also appreciate the doctors' knowledge and expertise.
- Wide selection of frames: Some reviewers mention that Ross Eyecare has a great selection of frames, making it easy to find glasses that they like.
DePoe Eye Center Macon
5451 Bowman Rd Suite 420, Macon, GA 31210
The Depoe Eye Center in Macon receives glowing reviews for their comprehensive eye exams, courteous staff, and excellent customer service. Patients commend Dr. Earls for her detailed exams and clear explanations. They also appreciate the cutting-edge technology and extensive selection of eyeglasses.
- Dr. Earls and the staff are extremely thorough and knowledgeable, providing explanations and answering questions during the eye exam.
- The entire staff, including the front desk and eye techs, is friendly and provides top-notch customer service.
- The eye center offers a great selection of modern glasses and ensures a comfortable and comfortable eye exam experience.
Dr. James Behrens
5080 Riverside Dr Ste 400, Macon, GA 31210
Most patients had positive experiences, describing the eye doctors as thorough and the staff as informative, friendly, and welcoming. A few patients felt rushed or were unsatisfied with specific staff members.
- The doctors at this eye care center are amazing, thorough, and provide detailed explanations during the eye exams.
- The staff are friendly, patient, and make customers feel comfortable, even accommodating for children during their first eye exams.
- The overall customer service is excellent, with informative and friendly staff who create a pleasant experience for patients.
Lake Country Eye Care
1850 N Columbia St, Milledgeville, GA 31061
The eye care center is lauded for its thorough and efficient exams utilizing virtual technology. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and friendly staff who take time to provide clear explanations. Their accommodating manner satisfies customers, including those with special needs. The wide selection of frames also draws positive remarks.
- Thorough and fast eye exams
- Friendly and professional staff
- Knowledgeable and informative optometrists
- Seamless online appointment scheduling
- Well-appointed office and clean environment
- Wide selection of frames
- Accommodating staff for individuals with special needs
- Quick and efficient service
Vision Eye Group
4050 Riverside Dr, Macon, GA 31210
The Vision Eye Group is highly regarded by patients for the attentive and thorough eye exams performed by their doctors. Patients appreciate the doctors’ professionalism, kindness, and willingness to listen to all concerns. The administrative staff earns consistent praise for their efficient service and dedication to patient care.
- The doctors take the time to listen to their patients' concerns and questions during eye exams.
- The staff is highly dedicated, efficient, and puts the patient's needs first.
- The office is well-organized and treats patients with kindness and respect.
Colony Square Eyecare
1197 Peachtree St NE #3120, Atlanta, GA 30361
The eye care center was highly rated overall for its professional and friendly staff, detailed eye exams, and advanced technology. A couple reviewers noted an unpleasant experience with one employee regarding payment and product concerns. Still, most said they planned to return.
- Professional and top-tier clinicians who make adjustments until glasses feel comfortable.
- Friendly staff and thorough explanations during eye examinations.
- Thorough review of eye health using state-of-the-art technology, with Dr. Levine providing recommendations and individualized care plans.
2485 N Columbia St Suite 89, Milledgeville, GA 31061
Overall, customers largely had positive experiences, highlighting the friendly staff’s attentiveness during eye exams and assistance selecting glasses. However, a couple reviews mentioned dissatisfaction with long waits, extra fees, delayed orders, and poor customer service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They appreciated the assistance provided by technicians and staff members like Christa, LeeLee, Cocoa, and Tot.
- Fun and comfortable environment: Many reviewers appreciated the relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of the eye care center. They mentioned that they had a fun and comfortable experience during their eye exams and interactions with the staff.
- Quick and efficient service: Some reviewers mentioned that they were promptly taken back for their appointments and received efficient service. They appreciated the quick turnaround time for their eye exams and contact lens fittings.
In Focus Eye Center
870 Inman Vlg Pkwy NE #3, Atlanta, GA 30307
Patients highlighted the eye care center’s kind, efficient staff, speedy yet thorough eye exams, and aid with glasses adjustments. Attentive, knowledgeable doctors, extensive eyewear options, and exceptional customer service were also mentioned. Reviewers appreciated the center’s willingness to accommodate urgent appointments and resolve issues. Overall, reviews indicate it is an excellent practice with friendly, professional staff providing high-quality care.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams were fast but still thorough, ensuring a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including the opticians, office managers, and front desk personnel, are consistently praised for their kindness, helpfulness, and expertise in assisting customers with eyewear and insurance needs.
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail: Several customers highlight the exceptional customer service provided by the team at the eye care center. They mention how the staff goes above and beyond to address concerns, promptly resolve issues, and ensure a positive experience, even during emergency situations.
3801 Northside Dr, Macon, GA 31210
The first patient was unable to reschedule after arriving late and encountering the strict tardiness policy. The second patient felt compelled to replace their mask with a less protective option to comply with mask rules. However, most other patients complimented the expertise, congeniality, and supportiveness of particular staff members.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the helpful and friendly staff members, particularly mentioning names like Dr. Kelley Simmons, Megan Semmler, Barbi, Tricie, and Ashley. They provided excellent customer service and made the whole process easy and enjoyable.
- Experienced and caring doctors: Reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center, specifically mentioning Dr. Kelley Simmons and Dr. Alexander. They felt well taken care of and trusted their expertise.
- Assistance with selecting glasses: The opticians at this eye care center were commended for taking their time to understand customers' needs and preferences when selecting glasses. They offered personalized recommendations based on face shape, style, and preferences, ensuring customers found glasses that fit well and suited their tastes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.