Best Eye Doctors In LaGrange, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed LaGrange Optometrists in LaGrange, LaGrange, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze LaGrange reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in LaGrange.
Jeffries Eye Care
185 Glenda Trace Suite A, Newnan, GA 30265
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their knowledgeable and caring doctors, friendly staff, and thorough eye exams. A couple customers did report longer than expected wait times for glasses and minor order issues.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors and staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and professional nature of the doctors and staff at Jeffries Eye Care. They are described as attentive, patient, and willing to listen and explain any concerns or questions.
- Efficient and timely service: Several reviews noted that the wait times for appointments were short, and the eye exams and visits were conducted promptly. The staff also ensured that the appointments were thorough and not rushed.
- High-quality products and selection: Customers appreciated the wide selection of frames and the assistance provided by the optical staff in choosing and ordering glasses. The eye exams were described as thorough, resulting in accurate prescriptions.
Thomas Eye Group – Newnan Office
2700 GA-34 Building 300, Newnan, GA 30265
Patients consistently praise Dr. Patel for his thorough and kind manner during exams. Many appreciate the efficiency and organization of appointments and helpful staff. However, some expressed dissatisfaction with communication, long wait times, and front office interactions.
- Thorough and kind doctors: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Patel and Dr. Saracini, were thorough and kind in their examinations, providing a positive experience for patients.
- Efficient and organized appointments: Several reviewers appreciated the short wait times and efficient appointments at this eye care center, with one reviewer mentioning being finished in under an hour. This indicates that the staff values the patients' time and strives to provide a streamlined experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers mentioned that the staff members, such as the assistants and front office personnel, were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. This contributes to a positive overall experience and indicates that the staff is attentive and customer-oriented.
West Georgia Eye Care Center
6600 Whittlesey Blvd, Columbus, GA 31909
Patients highlight the thorough and attentive care of Drs. Nix and Stowe. The office staff earns praise for their remarkable service. Many share positive experiences with exams and surgeries, noting the doctors’ expertise.
- Highly qualified and caring physicians: Multiple reviews highlight the expertise and caring nature of the doctors at this eye care center. Patients feel confident and comfortable with their eye exams and trust their doctors to address any issues they have.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The office staff and support team are consistently praised for being friendly, helpful, and professional. They create a welcoming atmosphere and provide great customer service, which contributes to a positive overall experience.
- Comprehensive eye care services: This eye care center offers a wide range of services, including eye exams, cataract surgery, LASIK, and assistance with choosing glasses. Patients appreciate the convenience of having all their eye care needs met in one place.
Newnan Family Eyecare
47 Jefferson St, Newnan, GA 30263
The eye care center is highly recommended for thorough, professional exams performed by knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Barr and Dr. Montgomery. Patients consistently compliment the friendly service. While a few less positive reviews exist, most describe excellent experiences.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and detailed, ensuring that all aspects of the patient's eye health are covered.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and professional staff at this eye care center, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared-for during their visits.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists: The optometrists, particularly Dr. Barr and Dr. Montgomery, are praised for their knowledge, professionalism, and willingness to take the time to answer questions and address concerns during the eye exams.
6490 Veterans Pkwy, Columbus, GA 31909
Patient experiences with Dr. Rossi were mixed; one found him and assistant Michelle condescending, while another commended his patience guiding a child through their first exam. Dr. Gasser earned praise for his kindness and efficiency during exams. His assistant Melissa was appreciated for helping patients select glasses and keeping the office clean.
- The staff at this eye care center, particularly Jennifer and Dr. Rossi, are highly skilled and patient, especially when it comes to working with children during eye exams.
- The office personnel are professional, friendly, and efficient, ensuring a short wait time and a thorough eye exam.
- The facility is clean and adheres strictly to COVID-19 precautions, making it a safe environment for eye care services.
Coweta Eye Care
114 Bullsboro Dr, Newnan, GA 30263
Coweta Eye Care provides a positive experience for customers seeking eye exams and glasses. The welcoming and professional staff make patients feel comfortable during exams. Thorough doctors deliver comprehensive eye care and accurate prescriptions. The clean, well-maintained office also offers a wide selection of frames. Reviews indicate high satisfaction and strong recommendations.
- The staff at Coweta Eye Care is welcoming, attentive, and polite, making the entire experience comfortable and enjoyable.
- The eye exams at Coweta Eye Care are comprehensive and thorough, providing accurate prescriptions and detailed examinations.
- The office is clean and the equipment is wiped down before use, ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for eye care.
Carr Eye Care
1065 Sullivan Rd C, Newnan, GA 30265
Dr. Carr provides attentive and thorough eye care. Patients appreciate his warm bedside manner and meticulous exams. His courteous, professional staff help patients feel comfortable and cared for. Carr Eye Care comes highly recommended.
- Trustworthy and thorough doctor: Dr. Carr is praised for being a trusting doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and provide thorough eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at Carr Eye Care is consistently described as courteous, friendly, and welcoming, creating a positive and comfortable environment for patients.
- Excellent care and customer service: Many reviewers highlight the outstanding care and customer service they receive at Carr Eye Care, with some stating that they have been going to Dr. Carr for over 10 years and would not consider going anywhere else.
Eye Consultants of Atlanta-Newnan
795 Poplar Rd #240, Newnan, GA 30265
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients commend Dr. Gardner for his skill and clear communication. Ms. Cossandra and Dr. Floyd impress with their thorough exams and evident passion. Patients recommend the caring doctors and staff for an excellent overall experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviews mention that the staff members at the eye care center are friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. This indicates a positive experience with the staff and suggests that they provide good customer service.
- Dr. Gardner's expertise: Despite some negative reviews, there are positive reviews that specifically recommend Dr. Gardner as a knowledgeable and caring eye care professional. This suggests that Dr. Gardner has expertise in his field and provides valuable explanations and recommendations during eye exams.
- Clean facility and punctuality: Some reviews mention that the facility is clean and that the appointments were on time. This indicates that the eye care center maintains a clean environment and respects appointment times, providing a professional experience for patients.
Dr. Brent Brown Eyecare
101 S Dawson St, LaGrange, GA 30241
Dr. Brown receives consistent positive feedback for his attentive and thoughtful eye exams. Patients highlight his willingness to address all concerns thoroughly. Some note frustration booking appointments due to limited availability.
- Dr. Brown is caring and takes the time to address concerns and answer questions during eye exams.
- The staff is professional and knowledgeable, providing excellent service and care.
- The office has a good atmosphere and provides a calming and comfortable environment for patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.