Best Eye Doctors In Hiram, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hiram Optometrists in Hiram, Hiram, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hiram reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hiram.
1680 East-West Connector #100, Austell, GA 30106
Overall, while most reviewers praised the friendly staff, efficient exams, and suitable selection of frames, some complained of pushy sales tactics and appointment scheduling difficulties. Nevertheless, the majority still recommend this eye care center for exams and eyewear purchases.
- The staff at this eye care center is friendly and provides excellent customer service.
- The eye exams are quick and effortless, allowing for a smooth and efficient experience.
- The selection of frames is extensive, with helpful assistants available to find frames that fit well and suit your style.
Arbor Place Eye Care
1270 Arbor Place Mall, Douglasville, GA 30135
The eye care center receives largely positive reviews for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough eye exam process. Patients mention appreciating the walkthrough of each exam step and help with frame selection. However, some issues were noted with front desk staff being rude or having trouble processing insurance. In total, the eye care center garners positive feedback and comes recommended by many patrons.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who take the time to explain different options and choices for frames and lenses.
- Quick and painless eye exams with attentive and personable doctors who address concerns and provide thorough examinations.
- Efficient and seamless experience from start to finish, with prompt appointment times and helpful staff to assist with frame selection.
Marietta Eye Clinic
8841 Hospital Dr, Douglasville, GA 30134
The Marietta Eye Clinic receives glowing reviews for its professional, thorough eye exams and friendly, personable staff. Patients appreciate the doctors’ clear explanations and eye health guidance. The clinic draws praise for employing the latest technology, minimizing wait times, and offering convenient services. In summary, reviews enthusiastically recommend the Marietta Eye Clinic for comprehensive, enjoyable eye care.
- Detailed and thorough eye exams: The eye care center is praised for providing detailed and thorough eye exams that are professional yet personable. Patients appreciate that the optometrists explain what they are doing throughout the exam and provide recommendations for maintaining eye health.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center. The front desk, assistants, and doctors are praised for their professionalism and expertise in providing a pleasant and comfortable experience. Patients feel at ease and well taken care of during their visits.
- Short wait times and efficient service: The eye care center is commended for its short wait times and efficient service. Reviewers appreciate that they don't have to wait long for their appointments and that the staff and doctors are quick yet thorough in their examinations. This ensures a timely and convenient experience for patients.
Cobb Eye Center
290 Merchants Square I, Dallas, GA 30132
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for thorough, efficient exams and a friendly, helpful staff. Patients describe positive experiences with certain doctors by name. Some mention administrative issues like billing or communication. In general, patients are pleased with the quality of care and atmosphere.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and efficient, giving patients confidence in the quality of care they receive.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, from the front desk to the physicians. This contributes to a positive and pleasant experience for patients.
- Excellent doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are highly recommended by reviewers, with comments praising their qualifications, thoroughness, and knowledge. Patients feel confident in the level of expertise provided.
Douglasville Eye Clinic
6001 Professional Pkwy Suite 2040, Douglasville, GA 30134
Patients speak highly of Dr. Weathers’ explanatory approach and expertise. The professional, friendly clinic staff also draw rave reviews. One patient, however, reports a negative experience with an optical store employee.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Dr. Weathers, Dr. Hemmings, and Dr. Tedder are all reported as being knowledgeable, thorough, and taking the time to explain procedures and results during eye exams.
- Excellent patient care: Multiple reviewers mention feeling comfortable and well-cared for by the doctors and staff at the eye clinic. They appreciate the time taken to address their concerns and answer questions.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The office staff is described as friendly, accommodating, and professional by several reviewers. They contribute to a positive experience at the eye clinic.
Marietta Eye Clinic
2453 Powder Springs Rd SW, Marietta, GA 30064
Marietta Eye Clinic is well-regarded for their friendly staff, comprehensive exams, and customer service. Patients comment positively on doctors like Dr. Saunders, Dr. Christa Lows, and Dr. Zakiya Nicks. However, one patient was dissatisfied that they were not informed about needing a thicker lens.
- Friendly and professional staff who provide thorough eye exams and address concerns.
- Efficient and timely service, with the ability to schedule appointments online.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors who take the time to listen and answer questions.
Visionworks Paulding Commons
4373 Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy Ste 101, Hiram, GA 30141
The eye care center received largely positive feedback for its friendly, accommodating staff and informative, patient doctors. However, some customers reported negative experiences involving delays, poor communication, and unprofessionalism from select staff. The center’s pandemic safety measures were appreciated.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Several reviews mention the helpful and friendly staff members who went above and beyond to provide a positive experience. They were patient, understanding, and made customers feel welcomed.
- Quick and efficient service: Many customers praised the eye care center for their efficient service. They were seen promptly for their appointments and were able to complete their eye exams and choose frames quickly.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: Customers appreciated the doctors who took the time to explain their eye exam results and answer any questions they had. The doctors were knowledgeable and provided valuable information about their vision needs.
Drs. Holcomb and Associates
3625 Dallas Hwy #660, Marietta, GA 30064
The eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for the knowledgeable, patient-focused care of Drs. Holcomb and Travis. Patients appreciate their thorough eye exams and clear explanations. The friendly, helpful staff also draws praise. A few negative reviews cite long waits and unclear communication about appointment availability, so some improvements in efficiency and customer service would further benefit patients.
- The eye exams at this center are thorough and detailed, providing a great level of care.
- The optometrists, such as Dr. Holcomb and Dr. Travis, take the time to explain the exam process and results to patients, ensuring they understand their eye health.
- The staff is friendly and accommodating, making patients feel comfortable during their visit.
Marietta Eye Clinic
47 Highland Pavilion Ct Suite 101, Hiram, GA 30141
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for helpful, professional staff and comprehensive exams. Patients appreciated the convenient locations and quality care from specific doctors. A few negative reviews cited long wait times, poor communication from some doctors, and unsatisfactory post-operation recovery experiences.
- Convenient location and easy appointment scheduling: Multiple reviews mentioned that the Marietta Eye Clinic in Hiram offers convenient and quick appointments, making it easy for patients to get the eye care they need.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Many reviewers praised the clinic for providing thorough and professional eye exams. They felt listened to by the ophthalmologist and received top-notch care from the entire staff.
Spectacle Eyecare – Hiram
5220 Jimmy Lee Smith Pkwy, Hiram, GA 30141
Customers commend this eye care center for its thorough and straightforward eye exams, friendly and professional staff, and Dr. Hall’s warm and meticulous care. They also appreciate the helpful explanations and excellent customer service. Overall, customers highly recommend the center’s services.
- Thorough and easy eye exams: Many reviewers were pleased with the eye exams they received at this eye care center, stating that they were thorough and easy to go through.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Numerous reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, knowledgeable, and provided excellent customer service. They felt comfortable asking questions and appreciated the helpfulness of the staff.
- Professional and informative optometrists: Several reviewers specifically mentioned the professionalism and expertise of the optometrists at this eye care center. They appreciated how the optometrists took the time to explain their eye conditions and treatment options in detail.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.