Best Eye Doctors In Hinesville, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Hinesville Optometrists in Hinesville, Hinesville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Hinesville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Hinesville.
Brilliant Eyes Vision Center
2450 Atlanta Rd SE Suite 200, Smyrna, GA 30080
Brilliant Eyes Vision Center earns high marks for easy appointment booking, expert staff, and a relaxing environment. Patients value Dr. Janelle Davison’s comprehensive eye exams and ample quality eyewear selections. One dissatisfied review reveals inflexible contact lens policies, though overall the practice is lauded for outstanding care.
- Easy scheduling process: Many reviewers mentioned that it was easy to schedule their appointments at Brilliant Eyes Vision Center, with no issues encountered. The online booking system and efficient communication prior to the appointment were appreciated by the visitors.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff at Brilliant Eyes Vision Center for being professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They felt well taken care of and appreciated the staff's expertise in conducting thorough eye exams and explaining the results in a clear and understandable manner.
- Wide selection of high-quality frames: Numerous customers were satisfied with the selection of frames available at Brilliant Eyes Vision Center. They mentioned that the variety of frames was exquisite and appreciated the assistance provided by the staff in choosing the perfect frames for them.
Eyeclectic Vision Source
2020 Howell Mill Rd NW Suite #37, Atlanta, GA 30318
Eyeclectic is well-regarded in multiple reviews for its welcoming staff, short wait times, and thorough eye exams. Patients commend the opticians and doctors for their expertise and attentiveness. Modern equipment, ample frames, and a clean office also draw praise. Eyeclectic comes highly recommended for comprehensive eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, with specific shout-outs to staff members like David, Larry, Bri, Jasmine, Valerie, Erin, Jessica, and Dr. Knouff and Dr. Nguyen.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviews mention the minimal wait times and efficient processes for eye exams and selecting frames. Some reviewers even mention same-day glasses service.
- Thorough eye exams and personalized care: Several reviews highlight the comprehensive and thorough nature of the eye exams, with doctors like Dr. Knouff and Dr. Nguyen taking their time to explain details and address concerns. The doctors are also praised for their bedside manners and knowledge.
Low Country Eye Care (Hinesville)
465 Elma G Miles Pkwy, Hinesville, GA 31313
Customers consistently commend the staff at Low Country Eye Care for their congeniality, professionalism, and helpful demeanor. Specific mentions include positive experiences with optometrists Ms. Nicole and Dr. Dang, noted for their kindness, congenial bedside manner, and clear communication throughout eye exams. Reviewers also lauded the office for its cleanliness and comfort. Isolated critiques mentioned aggressive upselling and problematic encounters with select staff.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the kind and friendly nature of the staff members, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and how the staff takes the time to explain procedures and answer any questions. Many reviewers mention specific staff members who were particularly knowledgeable and professional.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Several reviews praise the cleanliness and appearance of the eye care center, noting that it creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
EnVision Eye Care
321 W Montgomery Cross Rd, Savannah, GA 31406
Envision Eye Care receives high marks for friendly, knowledgeable doctors and comprehensive exams. While some mention opaque pricing and long waits, most patients praise the overall eye care from Dr. Parker’s office.
- Great customer service and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, polite, and professional, creating a positive experience for customers.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Customers appreciate the detailed and informative eye exams, with one review specifically mentioning Dr. Parker's thoroughness and expertise.
- Child-friendly environment: A reviewer praised the staff for their patience and ability to put a scared child at ease during the eye exam, demonstrating a welcoming and accommodating atmosphere for kids.
Tulman Eye Group
880 Crestmark Dr #101, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Tulman Eye Group receives excellent reviews for their thorough, professional, and patient-focused care, with specific doctors praised. One negative review noted an issue with a staff member. Overall, reviews show Tulman provides high-quality eye exams and customer service.
- The staff at Tulman Eye Group is described as friendly, patient, and thorough in providing eye care and eye exams. They are praised for making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- The eye exams at Tulman Eye Group are highly regarded as detailed and comprehensive. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the knowledge shared by the doctors.
- The practice takes great care in maintaining a clean and sanitized environment. Patients note that the staff goes above and beyond to ensure the safety and well-being of each individual.
Ross Eyecare Group
2625 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Ross Eyecare is highly recommended for quality service, comprehensive eye exams, knowledgeable doctors, and friendly staff who take time to listen and explain procedures. Customers also appreciate the wide selection of frames and helpful optical department.
- Quality service from start to finish: Customers praise the eye care center for their first-class eye exams and excellent customer service.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers mention the thoroughness of their eye exams and the attentive care provided by the optometrists.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: The staff is described as friendly, patient, and knowledgeable, providing valuable assistance in selecting glasses and answering questions.
DICK’S Sporting Goods
863 Oglethorpe Hwy Ste 101, Hinesville, GA 31313
The eye care center receives positive reviews for its helpful, friendly staff. Customers mention Richie, Anja, Bo, Rosie, Gator, Ron, Jake, Hayley, and Isaac for their product recommendations and information. Some express concerns about limited selection and pricing.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the staff being friendly, helpful, and providing excellent customer service. This is a positive sign for those seeking eye care and eye exams.
- Clean and well-stocked store: Customers mentioned that the store was clean and well-stocked, making it a convenient place to find eyewear and other eye care products.
Low Country Eye Care (Richmond Hill)
1000 Gandy Dancer, Richmond Hill, GA 31324
Customers were pleased with the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Low Country Eye Care, including techs Nicole and Crystal and Drs. Dang, Wolfe, and Freeman. They appreciated the clean office, short wait times, and clear explanations during exams. One review cited a prescription error and inability to get pupillary distance without buying glasses. Overall, customers highly recommended this professional office with excellent service.
- The staff and doctors at Low Country Eye Care are friendly, informative, and provide excellent customer service during eye exams. Patients appreciate the time taken to explain each step of the exam and answer any questions.
- The facility is clean and well-equipped with the latest technology, ensuring a thorough and efficient eye exam.
- The reception area is spacious and comfortable, and wait times are minimal. Patients are promptly called in to start their exams, contributing to a seamless and quick visit.
594 S Columbia Ave Suite 200, Rincon, GA 31326
This eye care center receives positive feedback for their professional and friendly staff, efficient appointments, and excellent customer service. Patients note Julie’s helpfulness in selecting frames and satisfaction with their glasses. Dr. Reames is commended for his caring bedside manner and high-quality service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, professional, and does their job well. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for patients during eye exams and while selecting glasses.
- Efficient and timely service: Many reviewers mention that they were able to get in and out of the office quickly, without unnecessary delays. This suggests that the eye care center provides efficient service and respects their patients' time.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.