Best Eye Doctors In Griffin, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Griffin Optometrists in Griffin, Griffin, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Griffin reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Griffin.
Fallas Family Vision
69 Griffin St, McDonough, GA 30253
Customers highly recommend Dr. Fallas and his attentive staff at Fallas Family Vision for their comprehensive eye exams, clear explanations, and accommodating service. Patients appreciate the personalized care, friendly office environment, and assistance with insurance and budgets.
- Dr. Fallas and his staff provide excellent customer service, treating both adults and children with care and making sure to explain everything in detail during the eye exam.
- The office is clean, inviting, and well-maintained, providing a comfortable and professional environment for eye care.
- Dr. Fallas is known for being professional, thorough, and knowledgeable, taking the time to answer questions and address concerns during the eye exam.
DePoe Eye Center South Point
110 S Point Blvd, McDonough, GA 30253
Dr. Murphy was commended for his strong communication abilities, expertise, and vigor. One satisfied patient declared intent to continue visiting him. The office employees were depicted as amiable, proficient, and accommodating. The frame selections earned compliments. However, one reviewer reported rude service and an incorrect prescription. In general, most appraised the congenial personnel, meticulous exams, and excellent customer service.
- Dr. Murphy provides incredible care during eye exams, with impeccable listening and communication skills.
- The office staff is friendly and efficient, providing a pleasant experience for patients.
- The eye care center offers a high-end selection of frames at reasonable costs for those with good vision insurance.
917 Jonesboro Rd Suite A, McDonough, GA 30253
Most reviews highlight friendly staff, clean facilities, and thorough exams. Customers also appreciated personalized service and frame selection help. A small number of reviews mentioned issues with incorrect prescriptions and poor customer service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff who take the time to explain the equipment used during eye exams.
- Personalized experience, with staff who treat patients kindly and professionally, and provide help in choosing the right frames.
EVERY EYE Care: Terrence Roberts, O.D.
539 Glynn St N suite a, Fayetteville, GA 30214
Every Eye Care receives rave reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and state-of-the-art facility. Patients highlight Dr. Roberts, thorough exams, and wide eyewear selection. A few reviews cite long waits and unclear pricing. Still, this facility is overwhelmingly praised as exceptional.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Every Eye Care, including Dr. Roberts, are friendly, helpful, and informative. They make patients feel comfortable and provide thorough explanations during eye exams.
- High-quality care and state-of-the-art facility: A review highlights that Every Eye Care has a high-tech, state-of-the-art facility, ensuring that patients receive excellent care. The facility is described as immaculate, and the selection of eyewear is impressive.
- Affordable prices: A review mentions that the prices at Every Eye Care are spot on and very affordable. This makes it an attractive option for those seeking eye care and eye exams.
Fayette Eye Clinic
128 N Park Dr, Fayetteville, GA 30214
Dr. E and his staff receive overwhelmingly positive reviews for their friendly, caring, and professional manner during eye exams. Patients mention the staff’s attentiveness and expertise. One customer did have a frustrating experience trying to purchase frames, feeling they received incorrect information.
- Friendly and caring staff
- Thorough and informative eye exams
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
1436 N Expy Suite B, Griffin, GA 30223
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and quality exams. Customers specifically mentioned Morgan, Kendra, Pam, Abigail and Ronald for their attentiveness. Many appreciated the quick, easy exams and were satisfied with the glasses and contact selection. While a couple reviews noted delays in glasses and pricing confusion, most found the clean, modern office and service excellent, and would recommend the center.
- Friendly and skilled staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and relatable staff who provide top-notch service during eye exams.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers appreciate the quick and easy eye exams, with some mentioning that they were able to get same-day appointments. The staff is praised for their efficiency in handling both glasses and contacts.
- Clean and professional environment: Reviewers mention that the location is clean, quiet, and professional. The use of up-to-date technology is also noted, along with proper sanitization of equipment.
DePoe Eye Center Griffin
681 S 8th St, Griffin, GA 30224
DePoe Eye Center receives generally positive reviews for friendly, thorough doctors and helpful staff. A few patients experienced long wait times, high prices, and insurance issues.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, kind, and patient. The receptionist was praised for being helpful in assisting with frame selection, and the doctors were described as thorough and making patients feel at ease.
- Thorough and extensive eye exams: Several reviews complimented the eye exams at this center, stating that they were thorough and extensive. One review even mentioned that it was the most extensive eye exam the person had ever had.
- Referrals to specialists: A few reviews mentioned that the doctors at this eye care center referred them to high-quality cataract surgeons and specialists. This suggests that the doctors at this center prioritize providing comprehensive care for their patients.
112 W Oak St, Griffin, GA 30224
Griffin Eye Care patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff. Patients describe the knowledgeable and patient doctors who take time to answer questions and explain conditions thoroughly. Use of new technology contributes to highly positive experiences, leading many customers to recommend this eye care center.
- Cutting-edge technology: The eye care center has all new technology that provides a super cool and thorough eye exam experience.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff, from the front desk to the ophthalmologists, are described as welcoming, congenial, and knowledgeable. They patiently listen to concerns, answer questions, and provide thorough explanations, creating a comfortable and informative atmosphere.
- Efficient and timely service: Patients appreciate the fast and efficient service provided by the staff, from scheduling appointments to completing the eye exams. The staff is also commended for their helpfulness and attention to patient needs.
1044 Avalon Pkwy, McDonough, GA 30253
Most customers speak highly of this eye care center’s professional, helpful staff and quality exams. The center shines for its broad selection of glasses, clean facility, and skilled doctors. However, a few clients have encountered scheduling and customer service problems.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being nice, helpful, and informative, creating a positive and welcoming experience for customers.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the time taken by the doctors to ensure accurate prescriptions.
- Wide selection of frames: The eye care center offers a wide range of frames, from economic to luxury brands, giving customers plenty of options to choose from when selecting glasses.
The Eyecare Place, Llc.
42 Old Jackson Rd, McDonough, GA 30252
The Eye Care Place is highly recommended by customers for their friendly, personable staff who provide honest, trustworthy service. Customers praise the attentive eye exams, personalized frame recommendations, and exceptional service and value.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and patient. They answer questions, take care of concerns, and provide a positive and welcoming experience.
- Excellent service and care: The Eye Care Place goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. They provide thorough eye exams, help with frame selection, and even accommodate special needs like lightweight lenses and anti-glare protection.
- Honest and trustworthy: Customers appreciate the honesty of the staff at The Eye Care Place. They give accurate information about insurance coverage, frame compatibility, and offer cost-saving solutions. This level of honesty and integrity sets them apart from other eye care centers.
Advanced Family Eyecare of Hampton
990 Bear Creek Blvd, Hampton, GA 30228
The eye care center received overwhelmingly positive feedback for their helpful, knowledgeable staff and comprehensive eye exams. While Dr. Gardner’s professionalism was commended, a few customers were dissatisfied with the lack of financial assistance for eyeglasses and one customer had an unpleasant encounter with rushed staff. Overall, the center is highly rated and recommended for their excellent customer service and thorough eye exams.
- The employees are helpful and descriptive during eye exams, making the experience memorable.
- The staff is friendly and the environment is warm, creating a pleasant experience for patients.
- The eye exams are thorough and detailed, with the use of high tech equipment.
Mcdonough Family Eye Care
1044 Avalon Pkwy, McDonough, GA 30253
The first review criticizes unprofessionalism and lack of empathy, noting a missed appointment and rescheduling difficulties. The second commends accommodating, friendly staff and good customer service. The third praises an efficient eye exam with minimal wait times and advanced retinal imaging technology.
- The staff at McDonough Family Eye Care is friendly, courteous, and professional, providing a pleasant experience for patients.
- The eye care center has state-of-the-art technology for eye exams, including new tech that doesn't require eye dilation, providing efficient and thorough exams.
- The doctors at McDonough Family Eye Care are knowledgeable and take the time to educate patients about their eye health, ensuring they receive the best care possible.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1424 N Expy Suite 120, Griffin, GA 30223
Most customers speak highly of this eye care center, particularly Holly, Randi, and Monica for their exceptional service, helpfulness with contact lenses, and adept handling of tricky cases. A minority criticize rushed exams, poor service, and long waits, but most praise the frame selection and comprehensive eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the helpfulness and patience of the staff, specifically mentioning employees like Holly, Randi, Amber, Maranda, Monica, and Taylor. They were praised for their customer service and ability to answer questions, making the eye care experience easy and effortless.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were thorough and informative. They appreciated the time and attention given by the doctors, such as going over eye allergies and explaining vision problems.
Eye Associates of Locust Grove
4946 Bill Gardner Pkwy, Locust Grove, GA 30248
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for professional, thorough eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. However, some mention unsatisfactory, rushed exams and rude front office staff. Patients particularly appreciate Dr. Parks for his excellent, attentive care.
- Professional staff and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews praise the staff for being professional and thorough during the eye exams. They explain everything clearly and make the process easy and relaxed.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this facility are praised for being friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. They take the time to educate patients and address their concerns.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, highlighting great customer service. The staff is described as personal, professional, and willing to go above and beyond to assist patients.
Eye Can See
18 E Main St N, Hampton, GA 30228
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their helpful, friendly staff. Patients specifically name Beckey, Alyssa, and Holly for outstanding knowledge and care. A few reviews cite issues with customer service and pricing. However, most highly recommend this center for excellent service and a wide selection of frames.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff members, particularly Alyssa and Becky, were friendly, patient, and knowledgeable, providing excellent customer service during the eye exam process.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviewers praised the eye care center for being efficient and providing quick service, with one reviewer mentioning being in and out in less than 45 minutes for a complete eye exam and glasses consultation.
- Wide selection of frames: Many reviewers commented positively on the eye care center's extensive and unique selection of frames, noting that they found frames that fit their face perfectly and stands out from other options available.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.