Best Eye Doctors In Duluth, GA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Duluth Optometrists in Duluth, Duluth, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Duluth reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Duluth.
2148 Duluth Hwy #102, Duluth, GA 30097
Bethel Eyecare patients appreciated the thorough eye exams, helpful staff, and fast service. A few experienced delays getting prescriptions and lacked insurance information. Still, most recommend Bethel for professional, quality vision care.
- Thorough and informative eye exams with a friendly and helpful staff.
- Fast service and quick turnaround for glasses.
- Great customer service and care, especially for individuals with specific needs or mobility limitations.
2320 Peachtree Industrial Blvd suite 104, Duluth, GA 30097
Bethel Eyecare customers report exceptionally positive experiences. Exams are swift and thorough utilizing advanced technology. Personnel elicit acclaim for professionalism, affability, and clear explanations. The pristine, inviting clinic garners enthusiastic recommendations, with customers intent on returning for ongoing eye care.
- Quick and comprehensive eye exams
- State-of-the-art equipment for diagnosing eye conditions
- Friendly and professional staff that provides clear and concise explanations during exams
- Focus on the eye exam rather than selling glasses
- Clean and welcoming facility with separate glasses display area
- Efficient and competent care with empathy towards patients
- Thorough and detailed explanations of eye exam results and treatment options
- Knowledgeable and bilingual staff
- Kid-friendly environment with staff that makes children comfortable during exams
- Minimal waiting time and thorough eye exams for contacts and glasses.
Georgia Eye Partners Johns Creek
10080 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097
The eye care center is well reviewed for their friendly, professional staff and thorough exams. Some doctors receive outstanding mentions. A few criticize issues with billing, waits, and front desk service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the office staff and doctors being friendly, polite, and professional, creating a positive atmosphere for patients.
- Expert eye exams: Reviews highlight the knowledgeable and expert care provided during eye exams, with specific mention of thoroughness and quickness.
- Trustworthy doctors: Several reviewers express confidence in the abilities of the doctors, praising their expertise and trustworthiness in providing eye care.
6555 Sugarloaf Pkwy Suite #305, Duluth, GA 30097
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their professional eye exams, friendly staff, and designer eyewear selection. Patients frequently remark on the quality of care and service, with many noting plans to return.
- Thorough eye exams and personalized service: Multiple reviews mention Dr. Christensen providing thorough eye exams and taking the time to explain the results. The staff is also praised for their helpfulness in selecting frames and accommodating individual preferences.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Several reviews mention the staff being friendly, accommodating, and providing excellent customer service. They are described as knowledgeable and professional, making the eye exam process pleasant and efficient.
- Fast service and COVID-19 protocols: One review specifically mentions the clinic planning their COVID-19 protocol effectively, resulting in quick and efficient service. The reviewer recommends the eye care center for anyone in need of an eye exam.
Justice Vision Clinic
10360 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097
This eye care center receives consistently glowing reviews for its attentive doctors, thorough exams, caring staff, and wide frame selection. Patients remark on the expertise and attentiveness of the ophthalmologists. Lead receptionist Sue earns particular commendation for her friendly professionalism. Overall, customers strongly recommend this clinic for its experienced providers, efficient office, and diverse eyewear options.
- Both doctors, Dr. Bhakta and Dr. Koepke, are excellent and informative. They take their time and answer all questions thoroughly.
- The front desk/admin staff, particularly Sue, is friendly, welcoming, and personable.
- The clinic is well-organized with a variety of name brand frames to choose from.
- The staff demonstrates professionalism, courtesy, and exceptional customer service.
- Dr. Koepke is caring, knowledgeable, energetic, engaged, and even has a good sense of humor.
- The clinic provides thorough and detailed eye exams, discusses each step in the process, and offers great solutions for vision concerns.
- The clinic offers discounts for self-payment and provides trial contact lenses before placing an order to ensure no issues.
- The clinic is attentive, honest, concerned, and genuinely dedicated to helping patients with their vision challenges.
Precision Vision Institute
3940 Buford Hwy Ste A104, Duluth, GA 30096
Dr. Nim’s Precision Vision Institute provides personalized eye care in a clean, modern office with a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate Dr. Nim’s thorough explanations and individualized recommendations. Highly recommended for eye exams and consultations.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They make patients feel comfortable and take the time to explain tests and answer any questions.
- Immaculate and modern office: Several reviews note that the office is clean, well-equipped, and has a modern aesthetic. This creates a positive and comfortable environment for patients during their eye exams.
- High level of care and expertise: Many reviewers praise Dr. Nim for her thoroughness, passion, and expertise. She takes the time to review and explain test results, offer recommendations, and address any vision issues or concerns. Patients appreciate the level of care they receive during their eye exams.
First Class Eye Care
2730 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Suite 206, Duluth, GA 30097
First Class Eye Care’s ophthalmologists draw acclaim for their expertise and attentiveness. Patients commend the office’s professional yet personable staff, clean and modern facilities, and large selection of stylish frames.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing thorough and detailed eye exams, with doctors taking their time to explain everything clearly. The exams were even able to catch underlying issues that were previously missed.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the professional and friendly nature of the staff at the eye care center. They appreciated the personalized, caring service and felt comfortable and at ease throughout the process.
- State-of-the-art equipment: The eye care center was commended for its state-of-the-art equipment, which contributed to a comprehensive and thorough eye exam experience. This equipment, coupled with the knowledgeable doctors, left reviewers feeling confident in their eye exam results.
Gwinnett Eye Clinic
3455 Peachtree Industrial Blvd #845, Duluth, GA 30096
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients report Dr. Clements conducts comprehensive exams and clearly explains procedures. The staff earns praise for their friendliness and helpfulness. Though some critique the eyewear selection and customer service, most applaud the quality care from doctors.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's friendliness and willingness to help, making patients feel welcomed and cared for.
- Detailed and thorough eye exams: Reviewers praise the optometrists, specifically Dr. Clements and Dr. Johnson, for taking the time to explain every step of the eye exam process and addressing any concerns or questions patients may have.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Georgia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Georgia reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Georgia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Georgia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Georgia.
- The In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 6.06 overall, but those with diabetes had a significantly higher risk at 13.9%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and In Georgia in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.06%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Georgia
- In Georgia, 6.06% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Georgia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.64% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.05% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Georgia face even higher rates at 8.74%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Georgia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Georgia.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Georgia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.43% of children in Georgia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.47% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Georgia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.06% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Georgia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.